News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd. - New for 2023

Started by bmathison1972, January 27, 2023, 02:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbell

Quote from: JimoAi on June 04, 2023, 03:51:39 PMwould love to see indie artists make figures via 3d printing especially for smaller species. would be costly but better than nothing
Etsy has a bunch. Getting a specific species might require commissioning which could be pricier (unless you catch a creator with something they want to tackle anyway)

JVM

Forgive me if this is old news, but I've just seen the toobs. I love the European one -- all new animals and it's great to promote European wildlife. the Australian continent one -- well, I love the kiwi, kakapo, and tuatara, the weta is nice, too, but I really wish we could have received an echidna!

Animalibus

I'm looking forward to which wild wildlife figure will be released. I would like to see more animals from South America like andean bear, patagonian mara, rhea, black caiman, giant otter, scarlet ibis, giant armadillo, mountain tapir, marsh deer, etc.

JimoAi

would love to see what shark would be out this year!

JimoAi

will there be more reveals for this year or is this it?

EpicRaptorMan

@JimoAi I assume there will be more but it probably won't be until next month(s).

To add to your pain the figures being released now probably won't actually become available to purchase until sometime 2024 or later

Shane

Quote from: EpicRaptorMan on June 27, 2023, 05:48:46 PM@JimoAi I assume there will be more but it probably won't be until next month(s).

To add to your pain the figures being released now probably won't actually become available to purchase until sometime 2024 or later

There will be more reveals before the end of the year.

Most of what has been shown thus far should be available, at least thru the Safari Ltd site, around July or August.

Later reveals this year will probably be available in September or October.

EpicRaptorMan

That's not bad then. Can't remember how long it took CollectA and Schleich to get their stuff to be readily available for the masses.

Shane

Quote from: EpicRaptorMan on June 27, 2023, 06:53:15 PMThat's not bad then. Can't remember how long it took CollectA and Schleich to get their stuff to be readily available for the masses.

It's a lot of hurry up and wait, unfortunately. You have a lot of stuff in progress, and then it all starts to come in at more or less the same time.

But there are a fair amount of items on the water right now that should be arriving in the next few weeks.

Saarlooswolfhound

Pre Covid Safari models would often be available in october of the previous "release year" i.e. a 2019 model would be available to purchase directly from them in october 2018. Obviously, that changed a lot in the last years. Hopefully it comes back eventually. :)

Great news from ya Shane, I can't wait to see what else Safari has up their sleeve!

bmathison1972

Teasers for this week's reveals:

EpicRaptorMan

Arctic fox, emerald tree boa, dragon, unsure on the cetacean fluke? At first I thought it was the Commerson's Dolphin or Southern Right Whale dolphin but the coloration or pattering isn't accurate.

Probably just another Orca or Humpback

JimoAi

Quote from: EpicRaptorMan on July 18, 2023, 09:01:00 AMArctic fox, emerald tree boa, dragon, unsure on the cetacean fluke? At first I thought it was the Commerson's Dolphin or Southern Right Whale dolphin but the coloration or pattering isn't accurate.

Probably just another Orca or Humpback

unlikely humpback.

bmathison1972

I'd take a new emerald tree boa if it's not too big. And I'd take a 'standard-sized' right whale dolphin to replace my TOOB version. Don't need a new orca nor Arctic fox (although could the dog be something domestic?)

suspsy

And no Asian elephant tail.  :(

Gwangi

As I said on the DTF I think the snake is an emerald tree boa and the cetacean is a right whale dolphin. I would be pleased to add both to my collection although in this instance a right whale dolphin is the most exciting of the bunch. Safari already has two arctic foxes available so it seems odd that they would make another, but that's what it appears to be. I think Safari has an arctic wolf too. I suppose it could be a domestic dog breed.

BlueKrono

Right whale dolphins are my favorite cetaceans, specifically the Southern. I'm currently painting the CollectA Basilosaurus with its color scheme.
I like turtles.

Saarlooswolfhound

I am confident that is not a domestic dog. I am nearly certain it is an arctic fox, probably to replace their dated mould here. Its been in production for a loooong time, it is high time they updated it.

Their arctic wolf is excellent (also rather old now, but still the best wolf overall out there in my opinion).

bmathison1972

Quote from: Saarlooswolfhound on July 18, 2023, 05:03:36 PMI am confident that is not a domestic dog. I am nearly certain it is an arctic fox, probably to replace their dated mould here. Its been in production for a loooong time, it is high time they updated it.

Their arctic wolf is excellent (also rather old now, but still the best wolf overall out there in my opinion).

I have the Safari Arctic wolf and doubt I'll ever replace it. I think my Arctic fox is Papo (don't have my database handy) and also doesn't need to be replaced.

sphyrna18

That new cetacean is intriguing, assuming it's not just an improperly painted baby orca haha.  That is what it looks the most like - it's just missing the black border. If it's not supposed to be an orca I'm not sure what it could be, as it doesn't really match the pattern for either species of Right Whale Dolphin, or any other dolphin I can think of.