News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd. - New for 2023

Started by bmathison1972, January 27, 2023, 02:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmathison1972

Safari's 2023 reveals have begun:

North American Wildlife:

Mountain lion:

Arctic Fox:

Wild Safari Sea Life:

Type D Killer Whale:

Silky Shark:

Wings of the World:

Great Grey Owl:

African Grey Parrot:

Best in Show:

Pug:

Wild Wildlife:

Elk:

Incredible Creatures:

Axolotl:

Western Diamondback Rattlesnake:

Leopard gecko:

Tuatara:

Emerald Tree Boa:

Wild Safari Prehistoric World:

Majungasaurus:

Estemmenosuchus:

Utahraptor:

Kentrosaurus:

Stegouros:

Baby Brachiosaurus, repaint:

TOOBS:

Australian Continent TOOB:

European Animals TOOB:

Everglades TOOB:

EpicRaptorMan

...wait...they haven't started their 2023 reveals yet? Holy cow, I completely forgot about them LOL

bmathison1972

Gwangi

As much as I love Safari's dinosaurs I'm eager to see what extant animals they have planned.

Avian

Quote from: EpicRaptorMan on January 28, 2023, 06:49:35 AM...wait...they haven't started their 2023 reveals yet? Holy cow, I completely forgot about them LOL

They are slowly rolling them out, one every few weeks or so.
You must understand the past before you can change the future.

NSD Bashe

Oh, interesting format; I'm curious if this keeps people more invested over the year or if it makes a difference in the end...

NSD Bashe

Also it was seemingly 5 days and 5 weeks between those two, so if it were to follow that pattern exactly (which it absolutely might not mind you) the next reveal could potentially be somewhere around the vicinity of April 17th.  Again, pure speculation, they will probably surprise us more

EpicRaptorMan

Well if my input matters at all it for sure is keeping me uninvested. It's lame enough that we have to wait months or even a full year until some of the Safari Ltd products become available after the release.

Avian

Quote from: EpicRaptorMan on March 09, 2023, 08:20:56 AMWell if my input matters at all it for sure is keeping me uninvested. It's lame enough that we have to wait months or even a full year until some of the Safari Ltd products become available after the release.

I agree, I as well have not liked this change. It is interesting to see the jumps in activity over on the DTF though, as Safari releases teasers and hints towards their next figure. I'm not sure if that has been mentioned here already, but before releasing the Majungasaurus they teased images of the snout, and mentioned the state of Utah a couple days in advance of releasing the Utahraptor.
You must understand the past before you can change the future.

Fembrogon

Safari's current approach might not be preferable, but it sounds like it's something of a necessity given their circumstances behind the scenes. At least if they keep up the current pace, we might have regular monthly reveals to keep our attention while we await the figures getting stocked.

Shane

People like to think that COVID is "over", but the truth is the effects that COVID had on supply chain and manufacturing are long-lasting and have permanently changed the way a lot of companies handle releasing product. Frequent delays, shutdowns, supply chain bottlenecks, all of these are still realities of the manufacturing world as a result of COVID.

Safari determined the best way to move forward was to always have products in development, and have releases occurring throughout the year. You may have preferred the historical method of dropping a few dozen figures all at once, within a few weeks of each other, but the reality is that's just not the way it can be done anymore.

GojiraGuy1954

I would believe that if other companies also changed their reveal models

Gwangi

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on March 10, 2023, 07:10:28 PMI would believe that if other companies also changed their reveal models
Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on March 10, 2023, 07:10:28 PMI would believe that if other companies also changed their reveal models

Dude, Shane literally works for Safari, I think he knows what he's talking about. You can't compare Safari to other companies anyway. Keep in mind that companies like CollectA, Papo, Schleich, and Mojo are ALL based in Europe while Safari is based in North America. As far as supply chains are concerned, that's a big deal. It's the difference between having to ship product by land or sea. Cut Safari some slack. As long as they're delivering good products does the reveal strategy really even matter? At most it's mildly annoying.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Gwangi on March 10, 2023, 07:18:25 PM

Dude, Shane literally works for Safari, I think he knows what he's talking about. You can't compare Safari to other companies anyway. Keep in mind that companies like CollectA, Papo, Schleich, and Mojo are ALL based in Europe while Safari is based in North America. As far as supply chains are concerned, that's a big deal. It's the difference between having to ship product by land or sea. Cut Safari some slack. As long as they're delivering good products does the reveal strategy really even matter? At most it's mildly annoying.

I do not believe that "the reality is that's just not the way it can be done anymore" because other companies show it CAN be done that way. However I DO believe that Safari will not / does not have the capacity to do reveals in the old way anymore.

suspsy

I'm really hoping that Safari does a big bull Asian elephant similar to the miniature that was included in their Asian toob. There's currently only one Safari Asian elephant, and it's a cow that's showing her age, quality-wise.

Similarly, a big southern elephant seal for the Sealife series would be fantastic.

Isidro

Quote from: Gwangi on March 10, 2023, 07:18:25 PMKeep in mind that companies like CollectA, Papo, Schleich, and Mojo are ALL based in Europe while Safari is based in North America.

I tought CollectA was based in Hong Kong.

Shane

Quote from: Gwangi on March 10, 2023, 07:18:25 PMDude, Shane literally works for Safari, I think he knows what he's talking about. You can't compare Safari to other companies anyway. Keep in mind that companies like CollectA, Papo, Schleich, and Mojo are ALL based in Europe while Safari is based in North America. As far as supply chains are concerned, that's a big deal. It's the difference between having to ship product by land or sea. Cut Safari some slack. As long as they're delivering good products does the reveal strategy really even matter? At most it's mildly annoying.

Safari is also a much smaller company than most of the others listed. It's easy to forget because Safari has been around for so long, but it's still quite a small operation, relatively.

Shane

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on March 10, 2023, 08:21:10 PMI do not believe that "the reality is that's just not the way it can be done anymore" because other companies show it CAN be done that way. However I DO believe that Safari will not / does not have the capacity to do reveals in the old way anymore.

I thought it was clear in my initial response that I was referring specifically to Safari when I stated "that's not the way it can be done anymore".

JimoAi

Hoping we see some aquatic animals soon!

bmathison1972

For those of you in the US, @HappyHen now has the Safari Majungasaurus in stock (ordered mine last night!)

https://www.happyhentoys.com/safari-ltd-100729-majungasaurus.html