News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd. - New for 2023

Started by bmathison1972, January 27, 2023, 02:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sphyrna18

Quote from: Shane on March 13, 2023, 02:04:51 PM
Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on March 10, 2023, 08:21:10 PMI do not believe that "the reality is that's just not the way it can be done anymore" because other companies show it CAN be done that way. However I DO believe that Safari will not / does not have the capacity to do reveals in the old way anymore.

I thought it was clear in my initial response that I was referring specifically to Safari when I stated "that's not the way it can be done anymore".

I think that everyone needs to relax, considering this is also how many companies do product reveals and releases.  I always wondered why animal toy manufacturers were so different by dropping all their releases at once or in very short order, whereas most other companies I know of have staggered reveals and releases.

Shane

Quote from: sphyrna18 on April 19, 2023, 10:34:10 PMI think that everyone needs to relax, considering this is also how many companies do product reveals and releases.  I always wondered why animal toy manufacturers were so different by dropping all their releases at once or in very short order, whereas most other companies I know of have staggered reveals and releases.

I think it used to be the way it was to make ordering easier for retailers to place orders.

In other news, there should be some actual news soon.

suspsy

Safari just revealed a new toy: a leopard gecko for Incredible Creatures. It looks good!

Gwangi

Looks great! It will pair well with last year's crested gecko. Safari reached out to me about sending a review sample of this figure but it was on Wednesday so they didn't care if it coincided with the reveal like they've done in the past.

bmathison1972

WOW it looks AMAZING! I won't get it, as it's too big for my tastes for the species, but I compliment Safari on a job well done.

I'll update the first thread when I can access a savable image :)

Shane

Quote from: bmathison1972 on April 28, 2023, 02:20:58 PMWOW it looks AMAZING! I won't get it, as it's too big for my tastes for the species, but I compliment Safari on a job well done.

Glad you like it, a lot of love went into this figure.

Are you able to pull images from the product page? I posted a link a little bit earlier.

bmathison1972

Quote from: Shane on April 28, 2023, 02:26:48 PM
Quote from: bmathison1972 on April 28, 2023, 02:20:58 PMWOW it looks AMAZING! I won't get it, as it's too big for my tastes for the species, but I compliment Safari on a job well done.

Glad you like it, a lot of love went into this figure.

Are you able to pull images from the product page? I posted a link a little bit earlier.

@Shane - the images on Safari's page save as webfiles, rather than something usable for the forum (jpeg or png; the forum won't take tif, but I can convert tif to jpeg easily). I don't have anything handy to convert webfiles

bmathison1972

Quote from: Gwangi on April 28, 2023, 01:56:20 PMLooks great! It will pair well with last year's crested gecko. Safari reached out to me about sending a review sample of this figure but it was on Wednesday so they didn't care if it coincided with the reveal like they've done in the past.

@Gwangi - should I update the Reviews page accordingly?

pachyrhinosaurus

I think it's the best Incredible Creatures replica I've seen in recent years-- very lifelike.

@Shane Do you know why Safari stopped using casts for the reptiles? I almost thought this one was a cast when I first saw the photos.

Shane

Quote from: bmathison1972 on April 28, 2023, 02:41:40 PM@Shane - the images on Safari's page save as webfiles, rather than something usable for the forum (jpeg or png; the forum won't take tif, but I can convert tif to jpeg easily). I don't have anything handy to convert webfiles

Ah ok, I know that sometimes the images on Shopify show up as a WEBP but other times they are JPGs (I'm not sure how Shopify decides this).

Shane

Quote from: pachyrhinosaurus on April 28, 2023, 02:49:56 PMI think it's the best Incredible Creatures replica I've seen in recent years-- very lifelike.

@Shane Do you know why Safari stopped using casts for the reptiles? I almost thought this one was a cast when I first saw the photos.

I don't know exactly why, but I'm pretty sure casting from specimens stopped in the late 90s (well before my time).

I can confirm that this was hand-sculpted.

Gwangi

Quote from: bmathison1972 on April 28, 2023, 02:42:17 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on April 28, 2023, 01:56:20 PMLooks great! It will pair well with last year's crested gecko. Safari reached out to me about sending a review sample of this figure but it was on Wednesday so they didn't care if it coincided with the reveal like they've done in the past.

I don't know, lol. I haven't heard back from Safari since Wednesday when they reached out to me. You can update it if you wish. If they've already got it sent out then it will probably be the next figure I review for the blog.

bmathison1972

Quote from: Gwangi on April 28, 2023, 02:57:56 PM

I don't know, lol. I haven't heard back from Safari since Wednesday when they reached out to me. You can update it if you wish. If they've already got it sent out then it will probably be the next figure I review for the blog.

OK, just wanted to know if I should secure it for you. I assume you'll review it one way or another? :)

Fembrogon

I'll echo the sentiments that this leopard gecko looks great! This might end up being the best IC lizard to date.

Gwangi

Quote from: bmathison1972 on April 28, 2023, 03:05:11 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on April 28, 2023, 02:57:56 PM

OK, just wanted to know if I should secure it for you. I assume you'll review it one way or another? :)

Yes, I suppose so.  ^-^

Saarlooswolfhound

It is a very handsome model indeed, and perhaps even has opportunity for different color morphs!

Fembrogon

Multiple color morphs does sound like an easy sell for reptile fans, especially with as good as this sculpt looks. The same goes for last year's crested gecko, for that matter.

Saarlooswolfhound

I was surprised a few weeks ago to see an entire Safari Ltd. stand in my local Petco. They sold a wide variety of items; dinos, WW, IC, toobs, as well as regular lines of wildlife and domestic figures... It got me thinking about how uniquely matched Safari would be for this frontier of sales. You can go buy your new live bearded dragin friend, as well as a plastic toy of one! And if they began doing some color morphs... it may help diversify their consumer groups.

GojiraGuy1954

Not a big fan of the paint application of the spots but the sculpt does look very good