Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Recent acquisitions

Started by Jetoar, December 06, 2012, 04:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetoar

My last acquistions  ^-^.

Good Easter  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

brontodocus

Congrats, Jetoar! :) Aww, Bullyland Europasaurus! ^-^

Jetoar

Quote from: brontodocus on April 05, 2015, 07:46:54 PM
Congrats, Jetoar! :) Aww, Bullyland Europasaurus! ^-^

Thanks partner  ^-^ and Deinonychus and Ursus spelaeus figure also.

sauroid

new ones
yujin chinese soft shell turtle

kaiyodo

lucky to find this old Kaiyodo Hyla japonica

others

sorry there's a lot

brontodocus

Congrats, sauroid! :) It's nice to see you managed to get the retired Safari Ltd WS Sealife Leatherback Turtle.

sbell

Quote from: brontodocus on April 02, 2015, 04:14:56 PM
Raaaah! :o 8) :D

Got a gargantuan parcel from Japan containing this!

So which of the Dunkleosteus is even close to scale with the whale? That thought just occurred to me.

stargatedalek

A few months ago I was able to acquire my holy grail, the Safari ltd. Tokay gecko. Today I was lucky enough to find it a home, courtesy of my oceans teacher.

sauroid

Quote from: brontodocus on April 16, 2015, 09:35:44 PM
Congrats, sauroid! :) It's nice to see you managed to get the retired Safari Ltd WS Sealife Leatherback Turtle.
yeah i was lucky to find that leather back figure. thanks.  ^-^

brontodocus

Quote from: sbell on April 16, 2015, 09:47:37 PM
So which of the Dunkleosteus is even close to scale with the whale? That thought just occurred to me.
None of them really fits properly. The Soft Model is up to approx. 1:25 and the larger Vinyl Model is around 1:12 (I measured their heads to compare them with CM5768).

bmathison1972

Bombastic Bugs for Blaine!

First, a marine diorama for photographing figures:

Next, Kabaya's leaf insect and Kaiyodo's recent (2015) Argentine ant:

and now, the cream of the crop! Some ectoparasites by Merial in conjunction with Zenoaq. These are publicity items for veterinary products. As such, I am thinking (although I should snoop around more), the tick is Rhipicephalus sanguineus. The fleas are obviously Ctenocephalides canis or C. felis.
They are LARGE, much bigger than expected. The engorged female tick is 120 mm (not including mouthparts) and the adult flea is 75 mm, making it almost as large as Safari's Smithsonian figure (I originally assumed it would be smaller, as if the adult was modeled after the Groovy Tube Books figure).

EDIT: I have shared images of the ticks with my colleagues and we are pretty certain they represent Rhipicephalus sanguineus, the brown dog tick.

By the way, as I was leaving, our postal delivery person handed me a package, the Spanish Moon moth by Jetoar. I haven't had time yet to open or photograph it, so later today or tomorrow :) :) :)

bmathison1972

Yes, the Spanish Moon arrived safely. Jetoar images his work nicely here: http://animaltoyforum.com/index.php?topic=1490.msg11994#msg11994, so I wont bother photographing mine here. Im excited to get a hand-made figure from an ATF friend!

Jetoar

Quote from: bmathison1972 on April 17, 2015, 08:32:01 PM
Yes, the Spanish Moon arrived safely. Jetoar images his work nicely here: http://animaltoyforum.com/index.php?topic=1490.msg11994#msg11994, so I wont bother photographing mine here. Im excited to get a hand-made figure from an ATF friend!

Nice, I am glad that it arrive safe  ^-^. Congrats for your other acquisitions  ^-^.

stargatedalek

I got lucky and found the complete Groovy Tubes "bug set" at Salvation Army. That luna moth is lovely, but on a less lovely note about half the figures were familiar to me as I own/owned knock-offs at some point, it seems this kit has a lot of copycats.

That marine display is amazing! as is of course the moth made by Jetoar!

sauroid

Jetoar

Colorata fishs are awesome  ^-^.

brontodocus

Yay, looks like you almost got the complete Salt Water Fish Box by Colorata, sauroid! :)

sbell

Quote from: sauroid on April 18, 2015, 08:18:26 AM
new ones (Colorata)

Very cool fish--I love my set of them (older version).

But I don't recpgnize the bass (and being a freshwater fish, it shouldn't be part of that set anyway). Or the bases. Are there any markings on those?

sauroid

Quote from: sbell on April 18, 2015, 11:03:09 PM
new ones (Colorata)

But I don't recpgnize the bass (and being a freshwater fish, it shouldn't be part of that set anyway). Or the bases. Are there any markings on those?
of course it isnt part of the set. it isnt Colorata either and i dont know what it is actually (there's just a number at the bottom). the base i just used to prop up the figures. i got them as loose figures and there's just a handful that have bases like the sunfish.

anyway, recent ones

sbell

Quote from: sauroid on April 21, 2015, 12:56:17 PM
Quote from: sbell on April 18, 2015, 11:03:09 PM
new ones (Colorata)

of course it isnt part of the set. it isnt Colorata either and i dont know what it is actually (there's just a number at the bottom). the base i just used to prop up the figures. i got them as loose figures and there's just a handful that have bases like the sunfish.

Looking again--I think it is form the yujin freshwater fishes set. Probably release one of series 2 (there were two paint scheme releases, because I guess that makes sense?).