Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Recent acquisitions

Started by Jetoar, December 06, 2012, 04:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmathison1972

Quote from: brontodocus on March 08, 2015, 11:56:39 AM
The beetle looks indeed like Batocera rufomaculata. So I guess this is an alternate colour version of the Batocera lineolata figure by T-A.R.T.S?

yes, the two Batocera are the same sculpt, just different paint jobs. They were released in different years, with the B. lineolata in 2011 and the B. rufomaculata in 2004. They are also paired with slightly different scarabaeoids. The 2011 set may have been a re-release or anniversary set.

sauroid

cool arthropods!

my new ones:
Epoch horseshoe crab

does anyone know what these are? (brand etc.)

Colorata that have no base/rods

snowy owls

Bandai tiger

S.H. sea mammals that were inspired by Colorata's marine mammals (these arent direct copies)

storks

NBGI great white shark

Safari Ltd. sea lions

harp seals

others

bmathison1972

Nice, sauroid. That horseshoe crab is also part of the Epoch 'crustaceans' set (even though it's not a crustacean).

sauroid

brontodocus

Great newcomers, sauroid!  :) The Pangasianodon gigas from the first Fossil Fish box is one of my favourite Colorata figures.

Jetoar

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

stargatedalek

Great acquisitions!
Looks like that poor python(?) has just been involved in an attack by a rodent during live feeding.

sbell

Quote from: stargatedalek on March 21, 2015, 04:59:13 PM
Great acquisitions!
Looks like that poor python(?) has just been involved in an attack by a rodent during live feeding.

It's a boa. And yeah, having seen the in store, Schleich carved the dark patterning into the model, which is a weird choice since simple painting would be easier. And less disturbing (see 'rodent chewing').

The other snakes are decent, and the hyena is great (other than the teeth are a bit indistinct, but I went over that in my walkaround).

brontodocus

Jetoar

Thanks partners, new snakes are really good  ^-^.

stargatedalek

Package arrived the other day from bmathison1972 (thanks again!). He was so kind to throw in a few Yowies free of charge!

ring tailed lemur, wallaby, and brush tailed phascogale

sea hare

sponge crab, the sponge comes on and off and its so cute :3

blue ringed octopus

my personal favorite of the bunch, ornate pipefish

Next are the two Kaiyodo, an ogrefish and a squid

ogrefish, I'm glad to have another (in addition to the snailfish and seapig) from the deep sea line

this squid was giving some difficulties with identification, but having it in hand I can say its definitely Kaiyodo, its base is identical to my Alectic ciliaris (pompano), does anyone know the species? (it didn't have a bottlecap)

Now for the highlight(s), F-toys stag beetles! Every limb and and two joints of the thorax are poseable. I absolutely love this little things. If anyone knows the species names for me I'd be very grateful.

I regret not getting better pics of the last one.

sbell

For whatever reason, I have the squid from that set as Loligo edulis, the swordtip squid. It might have been listed on a paper when I got the set. But I've also seen it listed as a Humboldt squid. However, on the Arkones set page which tends to be fairly good at representing what was on the original papers, it is named as Loligo edulis as well. Although apparently the genus should now be known as Uroteuthis, according to Wikipedia.

Rousettus

Sauroid, that bat looks like the Kaiyodo CapsuleQ Japanese House Bat if you are still looking for an ID. I would take a pic of mine to show the base if my camera wasn't being ridiculous..  :-\

brontodocus

Congrats, stargatedalek! :) The F-toys beetles in your group photo are from left to right: 1 & 2 Samurai Helmet Beetle (this is a Japanese rhinoceros beetle rather than a stag beetle), Trypoxylus dichotomus = Allomyrina dichotoma; 3 Dorcus hopei binodulosus = D. curvidens binodulosus; 4 Lucanus maculifemoratus; 5 Prosopocoilus inclinatus.
Quote from: sbell on March 26, 2015, 02:43:08 AM
For whatever reason, I have the squid from that set as Loligo edulis, the swordtip squid. It might have been listed on a paper when I got the set. But I've also seen it listed as a Humboldt squid. However, on the Arkones set page which tends to be fairly good at representing what was on the original papers, it is named as Loligo edulis as well. Although apparently the genus should now be known as Uroteuthis, according to Wikipedia.
Yes, as far as I remember my papers that came with the set it was named exactly that. :) I remember having seen it listed as a Humboldt Squid, too, but I think it may have just been in an ebay listing and there are sometimes misidentifications by sellers.

sauroid

Quote from: Rousettus on March 26, 2015, 07:56:07 AM
Sauroid, that bat looks like the Kaiyodo CapsuleQ Japanese House Bat if you are still looking for an ID. I would take a pic of mine to show the base if my camera wasn't being ridiculous..  :-\
thanks for the info. what series is it from?

Jetoar

Really cool acquistions  ^-^.

brontodocus

Raaaah! :o 8) :D

Got a gargantuan parcel from Japan containing this!

bmathison1972

you went for the big Anomalacaris, but it looks small next to the Kaiyodo blue whale LOL

postsaurischian

:o The MEGA SOFUBI ADVANCE Blue Whale is awesome!
      I've been thinking about buying it a bit too long (because of dangerously arising space issues) ::).

When the package says model MSA-004 - what might the other 3 be ????

brontodocus

Thanks, Blaine & Helge! :)
The Blue Whale is even larger than the 700 mm I've read - in direct line, from the tip of the lower jaw to the notch in the fluke I measured 758 mm and if the figure was stretched out it would be around 780 mm! :o 8) The other figures are not interesting for animal toy figure collectors. As far as I've seen, these are the others:

MSA-001 Nautilus from "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea"
MSA-002 Iron Man 3: Mark 42
MSA-003 EVA-01 Test Type from "Neon Genesis Evangelion"
MSA-005 Alien from the movie "Alien"
MSA-006 Thunderbird 2 vessel

They all look good but sadly, there are no other animals in the series. :-\