Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Recent acquisitions

Started by Jetoar, December 06, 2012, 04:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stargatedalek

Quote from: brontodocus on May 03, 2015, 08:04:26 AM
Congrats, stargatedalek! :) The MBA Manta Ray is huge, isn't it? I hope the wings of your Colorata Quetzalcoatlus attach properly, they tend do fall off on my figure when slightly touched. I merged your extra topic here, too, I don't think it's a problem to see a few non-extant animal figures in the "recent acquisitions", too. By the way, I've never seen those Takara Breezy Singers before! :o
It really is huge, even with seemingly so many made it can be hard finding truly large manta ray figures, it was a godsend finding this second hand.
Sadly one of the wings would not attach at all, so I had to glue it together, I'm still very pleased with it, a beautiful piece.
Aah, I was confused for a moment there :P I think that sounds like a good plan ;)

Breezy Singers, they really are little gems. (IIRC) they haven't been produced since the early-mid nineties, and they weren't widely distributed either. The ones released in the West seem to be different than any of the Japanese ones I've seen (I'm not sure if this sort of thing is normal for Takara). I lucked out with the bluebird, found it at an out of the way garden center, had been shelf warming for years. Retail is/was about $20, but there were a lot of variations and I've only ever encountered this main series. They have a solar charger stand and they can be removed from it, the motion censor plays recorded calls from the species the model is of and moves its tail and bill when something moves near it. The only issue I've had is they suffer from "Furby syndrome" and lack an off switch, but the charger does have an option to disable the sound while charging. I was ecstatic to find the cardinal for $3 at Value Village the other day, they can be difficult to find but they are worth it!

Not sure how I managed to forget the pics here, but JP Chaos Effect Velociraptoyx.

MariaEvri

I wanted to buy kaiyodo's killer whale but it seemed too expensive when I found it on ebay so I got papo's beluga.
Here she is

brontodocus

Congrats, Maria! :) Which Kaiyodo Killer Whale have you been looking for (there are many)? I'd recommend the Aquatales Polyresin, even though that one may cost about four or five times as much as the Papo Beluga.

sauroid

very nice Beluga

just added some Kaiyodos to my collection

Jetoar

Cool new acquistions. These are the mines  ^-^.

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

sbell

Waspinator TERRORIZE! Man, I love that show.

As for the Jurassic Hunters, I haven't seen new packaging--they're blue instead of orange now! I also can't help but notice that the word 'dinosaur' just happens to be in Africa font. Also known as the Jurassic Park font. Probably not a coincidence.

Jetoar

Quote from: sbell on May 07, 2015, 01:58:34 PM
Waspinator TERRORIZE! Man, I love that show.

As for the Jurassic Hunters, I haven't seen new packaging--they're blue instead of orange now! I also can't help but notice that the word 'dinosaur' just happens to be in Africa font. Also known as the Jurassic Park font. Probably not a coincidence.

Thanks Sbell, It is one of my favorite characters of the show. About Geoworld, These are differents because they have 5 files into the bag of the figure and other figures of the collections, The price is cheaper than usual Geoworld (5 euros) figures and they can be purchased in kioscos or book shops and finally, I think the same that you about Jurassic World.

brontodocus

Congrats, sauroid & Jetoar! :) Those Kaiyodo Bearded Dragons are awesome. And Jetoar, you remind me that I have actually forgotten to order the Papo Peregrine Falcon with my latest batch, it was available, too! :o :-[

Jetoar

Quote from: brontodocus on May 07, 2015, 06:16:00 PM
Congrats, sauroid & Jetoar! :) Those Kaiyodo Bearded Dragons are awesome. And Jetoar, you remind me that I have actually forgotten to order the Papo Peregrine Falcon with my latest batch, it was available, too! :o :-[

It is a really beautiful figure, better than Schleich and Collecta in my opinion.

MariaEvri

QuoteWhich Kaiyodo Killer Whale have you been looking for (there are many)?
I was looking for that one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RARE-Kaiyodo-Aquatales-Polyresin-Orca-Killer-Whale-Figure-Model-Nice-/191555555975?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c9999d287 but 69 dollars is a bt much for a small figurine like kaiyodo's (plus I;m unemployed at the moment so I ahve to be careful with money)

kaiyodo also has those orcas
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kaiyodo-Aquatales-Killer-Whale-Orca-Figure-Rare-/201046155647?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ecf48e17f
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RARE-Kaiyodo-Museum-Capsule-Q-Hokkaido-Killer-Whale-Orca-Open-Mouth-Figure-/191490178163?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c95b43c73
but I have both (I have the version with the closed mouth) already

brontodocus

Quote from: MariaEvri on May 09, 2015, 12:21:11 PM
I was looking for that one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RARE-Kaiyodo-Aquatales-Polyresin-Orca-Killer-Whale-Figure-Model-Nice-/191555555975?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c9999d287 but 69 dollars is a bt much for a small figurine like kaiyodo's (plus I;m unemployed at the moment so I ahve to be careful with money)
I can generally recommend this ebay seller but there are cheaper options. :) I have the entire Aquatales Polyresin series 1 and 2 and I bought them at HLJ, they are ¥1,810 each, about €13.50 and the cost for international SAL shipping will certainly be below €10. You can test that if you put the item in your shopping cart and then check shipping options to your location. Here's a link to the Orca: http://www.hlj.com/product/KYD07015/ They also have a lot of experience in overseas shipping and excellent customer service!
By the way, the model is a good deal larger than a capsule figure: http://animaltoyforum.com/index.php?topic=1213.0 Compared to the Shinagawa Aquarium figure (that's the closed mouth version you have) it's about twice the size.

bmathison1972

I received the CollectA stag beetle today, but since a walkaround was just posted of it, no reason to add an image here. Nice figure, but with the legs were not sprawled out so far.

docronnie

New acquisitions:

Hachiko

TFL!  :)

brontodocus

Congrats, Blaine and docronnie! :) That's the new Papo Dromedary, isn't it? Looks great and not so cartoonish as the older one.

MariaEvri

cool thanks I've bookmarked those

Jetoar

Wonderful new acquistions  ^-^.

docronnie

Quote from: brontodocus on May 10, 2015, 09:15:42 AM
Congrats, Blaine and docronnie! :) That's the new Papo Dromedary, isn't it? Looks great and not so cartoonish as the older one.

Thanks!  Yup it is! It still looks cartoonish though. Hahaha. ...

MariaEvri

finally god the beautiful Orca by Kaiyodo

brontodocus

Congrats, Maria! Glad to see you decided to get one. :)

sbell

As I mentioned elsewhere, I had a Safari order come in for the store--which means I have new Safari figures!

The Desert and Cave dragons (the kids bought those, but of the 4 this year, these ones are amazing):

The desert critters from last year. Finally got an actual Peccary and Gila Monster:

The Incredible Creatures Grouper, to go with the IC Bass:

And the IC Shrimp (looks less cooked than I thought from the original photos)

And of course some new sharks--last year's thresher shark, plus the new tiger shark and nurse shark (shockingly, my first nurse shark--I know there are a couple of models out there, but I've never had one).

And of course some dinos:
(I already had three of these, but finally got the Pachyrhinosaurus)

And the 2015 ones (other than the Archaeopteryx--only have enough for the store!)