Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Recent acquisitions

Started by Jetoar, December 06, 2012, 04:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnimalToyForum

sauroid

Jetoar

Congrats for your new acquistions  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

bmathison1972

Quote from: stemturtle on November 28, 2013, 12:01:08 AM

Giant green anemone (Yowie, Series 5, # 29)
Anthopleura xanthogrammica, height is about 2 inches, 5cm.

For the collector of bizarre animals, this figure is irresistible.

Neat one. Right now I collect only arthropods but I've been tempted to explore other invertebrates; the Yowies series certainly have some cool ones to offer in that area!

Jetoar

My last acquisitions  ^-^.

Chap mei Mammoth is terrific  ^-^.

bugbob

The pseudoscorpion is especially nice! How does one get Kaiyodo figures in the US? Does anyone know of a source, other than eBay?

brontodocus

Congrats, stemturtle & Jetoar! :) Never seen that Yowies anemone before. And the Chap Mei Mammoth looks huge! :o

EDIT:
Quote from: bugbob on December 02, 2013, 03:02:22 AM
The pseudoscorpion is especially nice! How does one get Kaiyodo figures in the US? Does anyone know of a source, other than eBay?
Unfortunately, apart from ebay the best sources for such Japanese figures are places like Jauce (a website where you can bid on Japanese auctions you would normally not have access to) where you can find those, too. It depends, for a single figure with all the fees included buying via Jauce can be more expensive than ebay in the end. For big lots or buying from several different sellers, Jauce can be a cheaper way sometimes.

Jetoar

Quote from: brontodocus on December 02, 2013, 10:39:37 PM
Congrats, stemturtle & Jetoar! :) Never seen that Yowies anemone before. And the Chap Mei Mammoth looks huge! :o

Thanks friend  ^-^. It is 54 cm long  ^-^.

brontodocus

Quote from: Jetoar on December 02, 2013, 11:39:23 PM
It is 54 cm long  ^-^.
Wow! :o I thought it was big - but that big? Awesome! 8)

brontodocus

Took just a little over a week from Australia to here! ^-^

Thanks to Blaine for the heads up so now I have a Science & Nature Lord Howe Island Stick Insect (or "Tree Lobster"), Dryococelus australis! :)

Jetoar

Quote from: brontodocus on December 02, 2013, 11:41:25 PM
Quote from: Jetoar on December 02, 2013, 11:39:23 PM
It is 54 cm long  ^-^.
Wow! :o I thought it was big - but that big? Awesome! 8)

Yes  ^-^, Currently I am finding a place for it  ^-^.

bmathison1972

Quote from: brontodocus on December 03, 2013, 09:13:11 AM
Took just a little over a week from Australia to here! ^-^

Thanks to Blaine for the heads up so now I have a Science & Nature Lord Howe Island Stick Insect (or "Tree Lobster"), Dryococelus australis! :)

Nice. My stick insect is still in transit but should have it soon. It looks good in your pic; the image on the website didnt have a lot of detail.

Jetoar

Wonderful acquistions. A figure of Lord Howe Island Stick Insect  ^-^.

brontodocus

Many thanks, Blaine & Jetoar! :) Blaine, fingers are crossed you'll get your figure soon, too. It was the fastest parcel I ever got from Australia, a little over one week (ten days to be exact). 8) The Lord Howe Island Stick Insect should have been made life size instead of approx. 1:1.3 scale and it has one abdominal segment too many, but still it's wonderful we finally get to see this Lazarus taxon in figure form. :)

:D Oh, and then another parcel arrived today, containing this:

Takama

I see my walkaround convinced you to get the Four Toed Hedgehog

Quote from: brontodocus on December 04, 2013, 03:50:55 PM
Many thanks, Blaine & Jetoar! :) Blaine, fingers are crossed you'll get your figure soon, too. It was the fastest parcel I ever got from Australia, a little over one week (ten days to be exact). 8) The Lord Howe Island Stick Insect should have been made life size instead of approx. 1:1.3 scale and it has one abdominal segment too many, but still it's wonderful we finally get to see this Lazarus taxon in figure form. :)

:D Oh, and then another parcel arrived today, containing this:

Jetoar

Mmm.... :) a great acquistions again friend  ^-^.

brontodocus

Thanks again, Jetoar! :)
Quote from: Rex on December 05, 2013, 12:14:03 AM
I see my walkaround convinced you to get the Four Toed Hedgehog
Yes, exactly. :) I immediately thought as soon as I order figures again, this one has to be in the order, too.

sauroid

cool new acquisitions everyone
just some of my new ones
schleich male gorilla

mojo african painted dog

safari ltd meerkat

schleich giraffe

schleich texas longhorn bull

schleich pinto stallion

(more tomorrow)

Jetoar

Nice new acquisitions. Interesting Mojö painted dog  ^-^.

brontodocus

Awesome new ones, sauroid! :) I have to agree, the African Wild Dog is my favourite of them, too.