Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Recent acquisitions

Started by Jetoar, December 06, 2012, 04:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetoar

My last acquistions  ^-^.

Bullyland Great grey owl and Schleich T-Rex in its bag (non playware and scuffs)  ^-^
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

widukind

Jetoar

Thanks friend for your words  ^-^.

OkapiBoy

Finally, some of Mojo's 2013 figures starts trickling in! :)
Managed to get some... still waiting for some of the best, like the Gaur, quagga, and the prehistoric mammals :)
the entire group so far

I have to say, these figures are beautifully sculpted and painted... they really are competing with their former sister, CollectA when it comes to extant animals. I will even go as far as saying that these figures are better than Safari's, the overall execution is far better, none of those sloppy paint applications that has become too common with Safari  figures lately.
Here is the sloth, all other figures have been posted on company thread. I was just not as excited with this figure ;)

Jetoar

Wonderful acquistions of Mojo friend  ^-^.

brontodocus

Oh, wow, congrats, OkapiBoy! :) I'm so envious those new Mojö Fun figures aren't available here, yet! :-\ The Lowland Tapir and Proboscis Monkey are my favourites among these. :)

tyrantqueen

Quote from: blackdanter on June 10, 2013, 04:08:47 PM
Three AAA critters:

Cuttlefish
Tortoise (Labelled 'Star Tortoise')
Lizard (Labelled 'Giant Plated Lizard')

Sorry for dredging up an old post, but where did you get the plated lizard? I am an AAA fanatic, and I have been searching for this figure :)

They came flying from far away, now I'm under their spell....

sauroid

new(ish) Colorata penguins
macaroni

magellanic

erect crested

emperor

chin strap

adelie

sbell

Quote from: brontodocus on October 02, 2013, 11:00:21 PM
Oh, wow, congrats, OkapiBoy! :) I'm so envious those new Mojö Fun figures aren't available here, yet! :-\ The Lowland Tapir and Proboscis Monkey are my favourites among these. :)

They are available in Canada now! I finally got them for my store (just have to get them posted) plus the really nice mountain lion.

The rest--gaur, quagga, ratels, prehistoric mammals--are in production right now, so might be available before the end of the year?

sbell

Quote from: sbell on October 10, 2013, 02:09:26 PM
Quote from: brontodocus on October 02, 2013, 11:00:21 PM

They are available in Canada now! I finally got them for my store (just have to get them posted) plus the really nice mountain lion.

The rest--gaur, quagga, ratels, prehistoric mammals--are in production right now, so might be available before the end of the year?

Hey, I actually have something to include in this thread, and am remembering to do so!

First--the first wave of Mojo 2013: Sloth, Brazilian Tapir, Stoat, Tamandua, Gentoo penguin, Mountain lion, Pronghorn, Panda, Proboscis Monkey (I missed out on getting the vulture):

Second, one of two sets of Lontic Shark figures (I'll get the other eventually):

I discuss this one further in the Chondrichthyans thread

Jetoar

Wonderful new acquistions friend, I think thatthis basking shark is the best replica of this shark  ^-^ and amazing MOJO figures.

My last acquistion

tyrantqueen

From Fauna Figures, the replica toy fish tackle box (bottom) and the 6 inchers (top). The Northern Pike has such a happy expression ;D

brontodocus

Congrats, tyrantqueen! :) It was a good decision to go for the six big ones, too. So now you have a complete set! I remember how amazed I was when I got mine (and I ordered the same, each of the six large figures and the Midwest Tackle Box! ^-^

tyrantqueen

Quote from: brontodocus on October 14, 2013, 06:34:01 PM
Congrats, tyrantqueen! :) It was a good decision to go for the six big ones, too. So now you have a complete set! I remember how amazed I was when I got mine (and I ordered the same, each of the six large figures and the Midwest Tackle Box! ^-^
Thanks :) I'm not even that big of a fish collector (at the moment, at least ;)) but these were so nicely made that I had to get them.

sbell

Quote from: tyrantqueen on October 14, 2013, 09:50:38 PM
Thanks :) I'm not even that big of a fish collector (at the moment, at least ;)) but these were so nicely made that I had to get them.

I'm glad you like them--and that they got to you so quickly, all the way from Canada! Happy to help!

And from the sounds of things (I still have to follow up) it sounds like those fish could become harder to get if the RTF owner really was flooded out :-\

tyrantqueen

Quote from: sbell on October 15, 2013, 04:53:35 AM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on October 14, 2013, 09:50:38 PM

I'm glad you like them--and that they got to you so quickly, all the way from Canada! Happy to help!

And from the sounds of things (I still have to follow up) it sounds like those fish could become harder to get if the RTF owner really was flooded out :-\
A very cruel irony :-[

stemturtle

Japanese Pseudoscorpion (Kaiyodo)

The Pseudoscorpion is from a set of 12 figures dated 2013, Kaiyodo Capsule Q Museum Series 3, # 023b, or Animatales # 272-b.
Variation # 023a has longer arms (pedipalps).  The short pedipalps were enough of a challenge to assemble. 
The scientific name is probably printed on the label, but I cannot translate Japanese. 
The ID is beyond my ability, since there are over 3,000 species. 

The body measures 1 1/8 inch (3 cm).  Total length is 2 1/8 inches (5.5 cm). 
Living pseudoscorpions are smaller than the size of a tick, < 0.3 inch (< 7.5 mm). 
Fossils date from the Devonian, 380 million years ago; early pioneers of the land.

Correction:  date of issue has been changed from 2014 to 2013.

sauroid

that's a very realistic looking pseudoscorpion figure.

Jetoar

bmathison1972

yes, I also recently got the pseudoscorpion figures (both actually). They are a male and female of the same species. The only other toy pseudoscorpion I have is a 'ChinaBug' version [vernacular after Chinasaurs, etc].

I've gotten several gashapon arthropods recently. Also from Kaiyodo, the segmented spider; red Rosalia beetle; new set of 7 crabs (as good as Yujin and not as fragile); new set of 5 caterpillars (a welcome mix). From Kitan Club, the terrestrial hermit crab; freshwater crab (gravid female); spiny lobster; and Japanese Rhinoceros beetle (all part of various Animals of Japan sets).