News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Recent acquisitions

Started by Jetoar, December 06, 2012, 04:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueKrono

Quote from: sauroid on January 30, 2017, 07:05:28 PM
Quote from: BlueKrono on January 30, 2017, 11:54:57 AM
Quote from: sauroid on January 30, 2017, 10:26:46 AM
yes i miss seeing Beatrice's big ads. she is one of my most fave international trade people, she had plenty of great figures and very pleasant to deal with.

What happened to her?
she is just inactive in the forums (both here and STS). and as Andreas said, all our trades with her have been very great experiences. (both Beatrice and Andreas are in Germany)

If you don't mind my asking, what does STS stand for? I hear people talk about it a lot.
I like turtles.

sauroid

STS = Schleich Tier Sammler = Schleich Animal Collector. but it isnt a Schleich focused forum, all brands, major and smaller are covered, with international members. :)

Jetoar

I am in STS forum too. Is a good  forum of animal figures too  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

bmathison1972

I find STS to be a great resource because people there are such prolific posters, it's a good reference for many figures, including the obscure, manufacturers, etc.
I dont post there much but my 'Bug of the Day' is paralleled there.

You do need a membership/login to see pics though.

widukind

Quote from: BlueKrono on January 30, 2017, 07:22:22 PM
Quote from: sauroid on January 30, 2017, 07:05:28 PM
Quote from: BlueKrono on January 30, 2017, 11:54:57 AM
Quote from: sauroid on January 30, 2017, 10:26:46 AM
yes i miss seeing Beatrice's big ads. she is one of my most fave international trade people, she had plenty of great figures and very pleasant to deal with.

What happened to her?
she is just inactive in the forums (both here and STS). and as Andreas said, all our trades with her have been very great experiences. (both Beatrice and Andreas are in Germany)

If you don't mind my asking, what does STS stand for? I hear people talk about it a lot.

It is an another forum with more activities. To be a member there is also for free :)

widukind

The first zoo news of 2017.

sbell

I will say, I have had a very busy week with parcels coming in!

Not only did Southlands Replicas arrive (and of course I now have a couple for myself!--the Thylacine and the Thylacoleo) but I ordered a few other CollectA from MiniZoo at the same time. Since I can't get them here anyway...! So I added the mother thylacine, the Delxue Andrewsarchus, the 'standard' swimming Spinosaurus (I have the deluxe walking one already) and the Struthiomimus.

Plus, a Yujin Secret figures--the Dolly Varden! I will try to add that to the Yujin Wlakarounds at some point. And a Yujin 'Breeding Duty' Blue arowana fish tank. Of course, this one is actually for my daughter's playmobil Doll House. How can any house not have a fish tank? Especially one with a primitive fish like the arowana?

I also just finally gave in and got myself one of the Obscurus Mystriosuchus...had to!

Finally, a whole bunch of DeAgostini (and one Diramix?) figures. Most of the eels (two morays, one 'wolf eel' that is more likely a congrid or anguillid), the torpedo rays, the chimaera, the catfish, the Dinichthys, a whale shark...

Busy days for the post office! Plus, I still have a couple more slowly making their way here!

With thanks to Halichoeres, Brett, Brandon, Jason at Southlands Replicas...and the various companies that made these!

brontodocus

Congrats, Andreas and Sean! :) DeAgostini Fish? I've never seen any of those! :o

widukind

Quote from: brontodocus on February 05, 2017, 09:52:15 AM
Congrats, Andreas and Sean! :) DeAgostini Fish? I've never seen any of those! :o

Thank you, yes DeAgostini. They was available (it could be possible it is not over) in blind bags in german toy shops.

sbell

Quote from: widukind on February 05, 2017, 04:16:37 PM

Thank you, yes DeAgostini. They was available (it could be possible it is not over) in blind bags in german toy shops.

At least some of their sets appear to still be available in Italy (where the company is from). As well as Diramix, which appears to use figures from the same manufacturer, but different models.

So if anyone from Europe can find out if figures from this set are still around: http://www.diramix.com/epic-animals-mostri-di-fiume/
Picture:

Especially the gar, paddlefish, sturgeon & tiger fish...that would be fantastic. Or is that FIN-tastic!?

bmathison1972

Quote from: sbell on February 05, 2017, 04:32:25 PM
Quote from: widukind on February 05, 2017, 04:16:37 PM

At least some of their sets appear to still be available in Italy (where the company is from). As well as Diramix, which appears to use figures from the same manufacturer, but different models.

So if anyone from Europe can find out if figures from this set are still around: http://www.diramix.com/epic-animals-mostri-di-fiume/
Picture:

Especially the gar, paddlefish, sturgeon & tiger fish...that would be fantastic. Or is that FIN-tastic!?

Wow that's a really cool set, Sean!!!!

brontodocus

Oh, wow! :o 8) Too bad I missed that set. :-\ But I'll keep my eyes open if they should show up anywhere here.

BlueKrono

Wow, there's three of those I've gotta have. Let me know if you guys find a source. It always helps to have more collectors opening bags when it comes to blind bags.
I like turtles.

CetaceanFan

Today my AAA Sailfish came in, and it's much bigger than I expected.
And I have to say that's it's gorgeous.
Also sorry I don't have any pics because I just don't know how to post pics.

brontodocus

Quote from: CetaceanFan on February 10, 2017, 02:11:38 AM
Today my AAA Sailfish came in, and it's much bigger than I expected.
And I have to say that's it's gorgeous.
Also sorry I don't have any pics because I just don't know how to post pics.
Congrats, CetaceanFan! :) For posting images, the first thing you'll need is a website that is hosting your images, they are usually not stored here on the ATF server. Afterwards you'll have to embed the image urls as explained here: http://animaltoyforum.com/index.php?topic=3.0

CetaceanFan

Ok brontodocus! I will definetly try that!

AcroSauroTaurus

Got these books from my aunt as (very)late birthday presents.
I am the Dinosaur King!

CetaceanFan

Today arrived a large box filled with Papo and Schleich figures!
(A lot of Cetaceans of course!)
The list:
Schleich
Sperm whale
Dolphin
Great White shark
Alligator
Mini dinosaur set (the one with the mosasaur)
Papo
Sperm whale ( it says made in Portugal which means it's definetly a Maia and Borges sculpt)
Carnotaurus
Giraffe
Dromedary Camel
Narwhal
Killer whale

CetaceanFan

Fun fact, the narwhal also says made in Portugal even though the sculpt isn't very similar to the Maia and Borges narwhal.

sauroid

would be really nice to see pics of your new additions :)