News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Recent acquisitions

Started by Jetoar, December 06, 2012, 04:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossano

Quote from: sbell on February 05, 2017, 04:32:25 PM
Quote from: widukind on February 05, 2017, 04:16:37 PM
Quote from: brontodocus on February 05, 2017, 09:52:15 AM
Congrats, Andreas and Sean! :) DeAgostini Fish? I've never seen any of those! :o

Thank you, yes DeAgostini. They was available (it could be possible it is not over) in blind bags in german toy shops.

At least some of their sets appear to still be available in Italy (where the company is from). As well as Diramix, which appears to use figures from the same manufacturer, but different models.

So if anyone from Europe can find out if figures from this set are still around: http://www.diramix.com/epic-animals-mostri-di-fiume/
Picture:

Especially the gar, paddlefish, sturgeon & tiger fish...that would be fantastic. Or is that FIN-tastic!?

Sbell and anyone who is interested in these De Agostini bags, I live in Italy and they are quite popular among children, you can find them in most of the newsstands. If you are interested in this particular collection, The epic animals - Mostri di fiume, I'll check out in the local newsstands, and eventually will phone directly to De Agostini, their offices are in Milan, some 40 kms away from my home.

BlueKrono

That would be wonderful. I'm personally interested in the Mata Mata, Luccio Alligatore (Alligator Gar) and the Arapaima.
I like turtles.

sbell

Quote from: Rossano on February 14, 2017, 09:33:54 PM
Quote from: sbell on February 05, 2017, 04:32:25 PM
Quote from: widukind on February 05, 2017, 04:16:37 PM
Quote from: brontodocus on February 05, 2017, 09:52:15 AM
Congrats, Andreas and Sean! :) DeAgostini Fish? I've never seen any of those! :o

Thank you, yes DeAgostini. They was available (it could be possible it is not over) in blind bags in german toy shops.

At least some of their sets appear to still be available in Italy (where the company is from). As well as Diramix, which appears to use figures from the same manufacturer, but different models.

So if anyone from Europe can find out if figures from this set are still around: http://www.diramix.com/epic-animals-mostri-di-fiume/
Picture:

Especially the gar, paddlefish, sturgeon & tiger fish...that would be fantastic. Or is that FIN-tastic!?

Sbell and anyone who is interested in these De Agostini bags, I live in Italy and they are quite popular among children, you can find them in most of the newsstands. If you are interested in this particular collection, The epic animals - Mostri di fiume, I'll check out in the local newsstands, and eventually will phone directly to De Agostini, their offices are in Milan, some 40 kms away from my home.

My friend, that would be amazing! I need the Alligator Gar, Paddlefish, Giant Tigerfish, Sturgeon, Giant stingray and Arapaima. Are you able to get any of the DeAgostini figures as well? Because I need the two snakeheads from the Jungle & Co set as well (I think they are on ebay Italy for a very decent price--it's the postage to Canada that is deadly!)

bmathison1972

I would be interested in any arthropods from any sets. I have the entire DeAgostini Insects of the World boxed figures set (well, except for a few of the secret female figures), but anything else done by DeAgostini would be new for me!

stargatedalek

I would also be interested in ordering some! Quite a lot of them actually.

Rossano

Ok, I think we'd better realize what can be done.

First point: these figurines come in BLIND bags, so there is no possibility to know what is inside each of them, if you buy them in the newsstands. That means that eventually single species should be bought by some dealer who bought them in bulk, opened them and is selling each piece with its name, likely on ebay, amazon or such site.

Second point: as sbell says, intercontinental shipping costs are very high, the minimum (1kg) rate for North America is 28 euros for the "pacco ordinario internazionale" (10-25 days delivery) https://www.poste.it/POE_listino.pdf , and 40 euros for the "paccocelere internazionale" (2-4 days delivery) https://www.poste.it/PCIListino.pdf .

stargatedalek

Well with those shipping rates it would probably be best if we came up with some way to split costs. Perhaps we could split the cost of X number of bags and have them all shipped to one party in NA who would then distribute them based on lists of which creatures everyone wanted (in order of most wanted, for fairness).

We'd also have to come to an agreement on how many of each series to order.

Thanks for the awesome offer mate!

BlueKrono

I agree, it would make the most sense to send them all at once to one of us in North America and have that person redistribute them. How could we figure out how to obtain all the ones people want when some people only want a couple while others want many? Obviously it would be more expensive to find a greater number of figures from blind bags. My most wanted are 1. Alligator gar 2. Arapaima 3. Matamata, in that order.
I like turtles.

stargatedalek

Quote from: BlueKrono on February 15, 2017, 09:25:24 PM
I agree, it would make the most sense to send them all at once to one of us in North America and have that person redistribute them. How could we figure out how to obtain all the ones people want when some people only want a couple while others want many? Obviously it would be more expensive to find a greater number of figures from blind bags. My most wanted are 1. Alligator gar 2. Arapaima 3. Matamata, in that order.
I think it's safe to assume the only series any of us would have much interest in would be the river and reptile lines, as those contain the less made species. As for only being interested in a few, that's why I recommended we make lists, so if you only wanted a few you'd be more likely to get them.

My list would be something like this (for just the river [= Monstre Di Fiume] series):

Storione = Sturgeon
Pastinaca Gigante = Giant(?) River Ray
Anguilla Elettrica = Electric Eel
Mata Mata
Pesce Tigre Golia = Goliath Tiger Fish
Pesce Spatola Americano = American Paddlefish
Xenopo Liscio = Clawed Frog(?)
Luccio Alligatore = Alligator Gar
Arapaima
Delfino Rosa = Amazon River Dolphin
Salmone Rosso = Sockeye Salmon
Pesce Siluro = Catfish
Salamandra Gigante Giapponese = Japanese Giant Salamander
Pesce Sega = Sawfish
Drago D'Aqua Cinese = Chinese Water Dragon
Coccodrilo Del Nilo = Nile Crocodile

Let's say there's only one Alligator Gar in the batch, you're going to end up getting it because it's further down on my list than on yours, whereas I'm more likely to get the sturgeon (let's pretend it was #4 on your list just for the example) since it's higher on my list, and that process would continue until everyone had the same number of figures. Everyone needs to have every figure from the series that you want figures from on their list.

So if you only wanted creatures from the river series, but I wanted ones from the river and reptile series, you wouldn't be paying for the reptile blind bags, only for a portion of the river ones.

I for one like to have duplicates, so if it's from an animal higher on my list I would be willing to purchase any extras that someone didn't want.

Here are all the lines in this series. The YouTube adds at the bottom show the figures themselves in slightly more detail since some pages don't even picture the actual toys.

http://www.diramix.com/antichi-abissi/#estinzione
http://www.diramix.com/epic-animals-mega-striscianti/
http://www.diramix.com/epic-animals-mega-abissi/
http://www.diramix.com/epic-animals-i-notturni/
http://www.diramix.com/antichi-abissi/
http://www.diramix.com/the-epic-animal-negli-abissi/

sbell

On the Diramix site it does allow a person to order 3 of the River Monster figures at a time (not sure why just 3). And ebay Italy may have some available for almost the same price...from some of the sets. That could help reduce some guess work.

But it may not work for all sets.

Still, we can figure it out.

bmathison1972

those are all amazing sets (so many fish, Sean) but the only thing I'd want is the Anomalocaris from the Extinct Abyss set

bmathison1972

Just got this cool set of ticks from AliExpress. I have written them to see if they know the manufacturer and year of production.

I plan on doing an overview review once I figure out who the manufacturer is.

There are 6 figures, a male and engorged female of Amblyomma americanum, Dermacentor variabilis, and Ixodes scapularis. The females are about 50 mm and the males 25-30 mm, without appendages.

free upload pictures

AcroSauroTaurus

Got some Skull Island figures today. Even though they're fictional, their still animals. ;)

I am the Dinosaur King!

bmathison1972

Over the weekend I was at at meeting in Ft. Meyers, FL and bought this home-decor style dungeness crab at a souvenir shop. From the same designer of the blue crabs; they also make a ton of cool fish [need to hunt down the name...].

Will update BOTD to accommodate this new guy.

image hosting 10mb limit

sauroid

wow that crab looks so real. is it made of plastic?

bmathison1972

Quote from: sauroid on February 27, 2017, 04:08:46 PM
wow that crab looks so real. is it made of plastic?

yes, it's a hard/solid yet relatively light and possibly hollow PVC.

Jetoar

Two weeks ago I bougth the new Schleich Anaconda and the Hammerhead shark from Collecta. I have to say that is te firts time I have found this figure  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

widukind

bmathison1972

Nice Andreas, the butterfly life cycle looks like a variant of the AAA life cycle, but a different species?

EDIT: sorry I was mistaken; I was looking at the wrong stage and didn't see the adult in the pic (well I saw it but thought it was a TM figure or something haha)...nevermind

bmathison1972

Some new ones this week.

First, the Asian swallowtail larva by Kaiyodo - Sofubi Toy Box (walkaround already posted)

image upload no registration

Next, 4 spiders by Bullyland, including the three new species from this year: Mexican red-kneed tarantula, Brazilian white-kneed tarantula, blue ornamental tarantula, and velvet spider (walkaround coming in a sec of the last one)

image upload no registration