Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Recent acquisitions

Started by Jetoar, December 06, 2012, 04:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CetaceanFan

Jetoar

Wonderful haul Brontodocus. I have recived a gr.eat haul of Safari figures also for Christmas. I will do some reviews if them  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

AcroSauroTaurus

Got these for my birthday.

Schleich White Pelican
CollectA Diplodocus
Schleich Nile? Crocodile
Papo Indian Gharial
Schleich American Alligator
Papo Snow Leopard

Croc came with a warped jaw, the inside of the Alligators mouth is sloppily painted, and the paint application on the Snow Leopard doesn't really look like a Snow Leopard, are other peoples Papo Snow Leopards painted like this?
I am the Dinosaur King!

CetaceanFan

Nice, I really like the Pelican and both of the Reptiles.

brontodocus

Congrats, AcroSauroTaurus! :) While I usually pass on Schleich, the two crocodilians were a must for me, too.

bmathison1972

I received my Chap Mei Animal Planet giant spider crab today, courtesy of stargatedalek (plus a New Ray centipede thrown in!!!!). I will celebrate this acquisition by making the spider crab the next 'Bug of the Day' [should change the name to Bugs of the Day...]

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: brontodocus on January 21, 2017, 10:06:29 AM
Congrats, AcroSauroTaurus! :) While I usually pass on Schleich, the two crocodilians were a must for me, too.

Sadly my Crocodile came with a warped jaw, so it doesn't open or close fully... And I'm not happy about the sloppy paint job inside my Alligators mouth, but thats an easy fix. And I just edited the post showing the two that came late.
I am the Dinosaur King!

Jetoar

Wonderful new acquistions friends  ^-^.

widukind

My last zoo news for 2016 - many many thanks to my princess, to Beatrice and to Fallon :)

sauroid

very cool acquisitions Andreas! and i see that you finally got the poison frog, salamander and gecko from me through Beatrice (and i think the ray is from me too) :D
(please send my regards to Beatrice)

bmathison1972

Speaking of Beatrice, my insect collection just grew remarkedly because of her  ^-^ ^-^ ^-^.

First, the COMPLETE Play Visions Exotic Insects Set [a complete review coming soon, so just a group pic here]

image hosting free no registration

Secondly the COMPLETE Club Earth Ants and Termites set. [again, a complete review coming soon, so just a group photo here]

image hosting free no registration

Other figures courtesy of Beatrice. Again, Latin names are based on my identifications.

TOP ROW:
First, the honey bee (Apis mellifera), American cockroach (Periplaneta americana), giant stag beetle (Lucanus elephas), and camel cricket (gen. sp.) by K&M Insects Bulk (1998). This is the only camel cricket I know of from a major company; I have seen a generic one in sets on eBay (which I am still considering, just for the camel cricket!). I assume the stag beetle is L. elephas as the set seems to be based on North American species and 'giant stag beetle' is the common name for L. elephas here. Not sure what others are in this set (there seems to be at least a butterfly pupa), as they are elusive but I will do a review if I ever complete the set.
Next, a honey bee and raspberry horntail (Hartigia cressonii) by Play Visions – Bees, Wasps, and Hornets (1996). The horntail is a new species for me and to my knowledge the ONLY figure of a symphytan hymenopteran. I now have three from this set; will do a review if I ever get the other five.

SECOND ROW
First, the large cabbage white (Pieris brassicae), stag beetle (Lucanus cervus), grasshopper (gen. sp.), and ground beetle (Carabus sp.) by K&M Garden Tube (European version, 2006). The P. brassicae is a new species for me and I think a unique figure!
Also, the Sally lightfoot crab (Grapsus grapsus) by Play Visions – Galapagos Islands Wildlife (1998). About the size of the Safari TOOB figure but more realistically colored. Safari also did a nicer, large one for their Incredible Creatures line. I now have three figures of this species.

THIRD ROW
Red widow (Latrodectus bishopi), raft spider (Dolomedes sp.), and funnel-web spider (Hexura fulva) by Club Earth – Spiders to Go. The H. fulva is a unique figure and the only funnel-web spider I am aware of that is NOT Atrax robustus lol. This ID based on an illustration in the Levi and Levi Golden Guide to spiders . I am slowly chipping away at this set and will do a review once I get them all.
Lastly, the craziest cool one for me, an engorged female lone star tick (Amblyomma americanum) and a flying Homoderus mellyi, both by unknown manufacturers. Interestingly, right after I bought this tick, Chad alerted me to the whole set (in China), so soon I should be getting six new tick figures (incl. this one again).

image search

brontodocus

Congrats, Blaine! 8) The last photo contains some which I haven't seen before but the Club Earth Ants & Termites are entirely new to me! :o

widukind

Quote from: sauroid on January 26, 2017, 08:24:51 PM
very cool acquisitions Andreas! and i see that you finally got the poison frog, salamander and gecko from me through Beatrice (and i think the ray is from me too) :D

Oh yes, thank you :)

Jetoar

Beautiful new acquisitions friends  ^-^.

sbell

Quote from: widukind on January 27, 2017, 03:31:18 PM
Quote from: sauroid on January 26, 2017, 08:24:51 PM

Oh yes, thank you :)

And I think I was her source for the K&M gavial, monitor lizard, chameleon, and red-belly snake! I was pretty sure she was going to be distributing them out for a while (she bought up like, ALL my PV and K&M that I was selling!). Glad they went to a good home!

bmathison1972

Quote from: brontodocus on January 27, 2017, 02:06:14 PM
Congrats, Blaine! 8) The last photo contains some which I haven't seen before but the Club Earth Ants & Termites are entirely new to me! :o

I am putting the genus Ceuthophilus on the camel cricket...

sauroid

yes i miss seeing Beatrice's big ads. she is one of my most fave international trade people, she had plenty of great figures and very pleasant to deal with.

BlueKrono

Quote from: sauroid on January 30, 2017, 10:26:46 AM
yes i miss seeing Beatrice's big ads. she is one of my most fave international trade people, she had plenty of great figures and very pleasant to deal with.

What happened to her?
I like turtles.

widukind

Quote from: BlueKrono on January 30, 2017, 11:54:57 AM

What happened to her?

Nothing, but we hope to see pics of her collection because we are curious. She shared only a few pic here and there but not more :)
I also often trade with her and i think we are both happy with them. She is a good friend.

sauroid

Quote from: BlueKrono on January 30, 2017, 11:54:57 AM

What happened to her?
she is just inactive in the forums (both here and STS). and as Andreas said, all our trades with her have been very great experiences. (both Beatrice and Andreas are in Germany)