Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Recent acquisitions

Started by Jetoar, December 06, 2012, 04:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbell

Nice improvement on the Mudpuppy! It's too bad Safari didn't just release that one (and the glow salamander) as normal-painted figures.

Glad you like the fish as well! It's a great little line, I'm hoping he evolves it in some interesting ways soon!

stargatedalek

Quote from: sbell on July 15, 2016, 08:30:32 PM
Nice improvement on the Mudpuppy! It's too bad Safari didn't just release that one (and the glow salamander) as normal-painted figures.

Glad you like the fish as well! It's a great little line, I'm hoping he evolves it in some interesting ways soon!
I wonder if it might be because the originals were exclusives (or am I wrong?) that they aren't allowed to.

They really are great, I think some small tropical freshwater fish would be a natural progression. Every third line has an arowana and a ceolocanth but not many have tetras or peacock bass.

sbell

Quote from: stargatedalek on July 15, 2016, 09:34:59 PM

I wonder if it might be because the originals were exclusives (or am I wrong?) that they aren't allowed to.

They really are great, I think some small tropical freshwater fish would be a natural progression. Every third line has an arowana and a ceolocanth but not many have tetras or peacock bass.

To be fair--every third line is Japanese (and every second, and every first, minus a couple of Safari coelacanths!). but there is some hope that different fish will show up, but it's very preliminary.

stargatedalek

Quote from: sbell on July 15, 2016, 11:26:50 PM
Quote from: stargatedalek on July 15, 2016, 09:34:59 PM

To be fair--every third line is Japanese (and every second, and every first, minus a couple of Safari coelacanths!). but there is some hope that different fish will show up, but it's very preliminary.
Ha-ha, true indeed!

Wasn't expecting to be posting new things again this soon but in the mail today came Uzuki Shimamura from iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls and CollectA Gallus gallus domesticus.

NightLioness

She looks cute! Big congrats ^.^

AcroSauroTaurus

I got back from Chicago today, got the Safari Brachiosaurus, Safari FM exclusive Torosaurus and Anatotitan from the Field Museum, but the main reason I went to Chicago was for Godzilla Fest! I got three Ghidorah figures(Ghidorah is my favorite Kaiju), the Neca 1994 Godzilla, and the Basilisk from Harry Potter.
I am the Dinosaur King!

NightLioness

I must say that the basilisk from HP is my fave out of them all! Never saw such a figure like this from the HP series.
Congrats! :D

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: NightLioness on July 20, 2016, 12:24:08 AM
I must say that the basilisk from HP is my fave out of them all! Never saw such a figure like this from the HP series.

The people selling it at Godzilla Fest didn't know what it was, so they were selling it for $5 as "snake". I knew what it was, and bought it. When I looked it up later I found out how rare the figure is! I put new batteries in it yesterday to see what it sounded like... and the eyes flash green and red, and it makes the most terrifying roar I've ever heard... For the figures age, the sounds are still really loud!
I am the Dinosaur King!

sauroid

hi Karin! nice to see you here. and welcome.  ;D

NightLioness

Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on July 20, 2016, 05:34:24 AM

The people selling it at Godzilla Fest didn't know what it was, so they were selling it for $5 as "snake". I knew what it was, and bought it. When I looked it up later I found out how rare the figure is! I put new batteries in it yesterday to see what it sounded like... and the eyes flash green and red, and it makes the most terrifying roar I've ever heard... For the figures age, the sounds are still really loud!

Additions like that are fantastic! :D Most of the time I correct people in this hobby if they mislabel a animal or such, in a nice way of course :D
But if they don't know what they are selling (people who are not familiar with this hobby)... well, then I am very lucky and keep my mouth shut :P :P  ;D
Most of the time this occurs at flea markets and such XD
Nice! It still works! Big congrats again :D

NightLioness

Quote from: sauroid on July 20, 2016, 07:13:26 AM
hi Karin! nice to see you here. and welcome.  ;D

Thank you Sauroid :D

akira

New additions to my Cetacean collection:

Maia & Borges Minke whale and common Dolphins

stargatedalek

I got very lucky at Value Village the other day, I found a Smithsonian Dragonfly! At first I thought it was the Hidden Kingdom dragonfly so that was a pleasant surprise. My shelf of large terrestrial inverts is quickly expanding. The tip of the tail is worn down but other than that great condition.

A few months ago my IC Bald Eagle got damaged and I finally got another one, but I must say I'm very disappointed with the paint app and warping.

bmathison1972

Oh wow, the dragonfly is only one of two I am missing (the other being the adult monarch).

stargatedalek

If you're interested in one with a worn down tail PM me. ;)

I was so fond of my 1:1 goose I decided to finish the family with the higher end model.

OkapiBoy

CollectA invasion :D
Finally got the new CollectA figures. I tell you, they are simply amazing! Can't appreciate enough how CollectA keeps on releasing animals that are unique and obscure. Choosing a favorite is hard since they are all beautiful, but if I had to, it will be the Hirola and Tylacine.
[

All together now

Jetoar

Congrats for yours acquisitions  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

AcroSauroTaurus

Must have Beaked Whale... ;D
I am the Dinosaur King!

sbell

I haven't really had much to put up for a while.

I did, however, recently receive a few new ones from Japan, courtesy of Brett!

Three plecos from Epoch (gold dust, albino and red-eye panaque); I actually ended up wtih two gold-dust plecos.

And, the Lepidotes that was included with the Dino Expo 2016 Real Spinosaurus. Didn't get the dinosaur, happy to have the fish!

I also recently got the Schleich Dunkleosteus. I still like the Safari better, but it's pretty good.

EDIT--I think I got the photos to work now... ??? They weren't working before, but I thought they were!

bmathison1972

Quote from: sbell on August 21, 2016, 10:49:51 PM
I haven't really had much to put up for a while.

I did, however, recently receive a few new ones from Japan, courtesy of Brett!

Three plecos from Epoch (gold dust, albino and red-eye panaque); I actually ended up wtih two gold-dust plecos.

I was curious if you'd get the Plecos. I got the three bee shrimp that completed the set. Quite small and simple, much smaller than I had anticipated.