Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Recent acquisitions

Started by Jetoar, December 06, 2012, 04:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sauroid

Kaiyodo and Yujin invertebrates

C.S.P.L. mantis shrimp

bmathison1972

sauroid, your collection is looking more like mine :)

What is C.S.P.L? That mantis shrimp is a Cadbury Yowies figure (or is that what your acronym is for? If so I am not familiar with it)

Beetle guy

Nice, acquisitions! The Dorcus pupa's are great, aren't they?!
Thinking about getting the Yujin lobsters to   :)
To beetle or not to beetle.

stemturtle

Golden snub-nosed monkey, Rhinopithecus roxellana, by Kaiyodo Zoorasia
Height of monkey 1.2 inches or 30 mm. Shown as if in the wild.

Label shows complete figure.

sauroid

Quote from: bmathison1972 on March 31, 2016, 11:46:23 PM

What is C.S.P.L? That mantis shrimp is a Cadbury Yowies figure (or is that what your acronym is for? If so I am not familiar with it)

Quote from: Beetle guy on April 01, 2016, 09:05:32 AM
thanks.
@bmathison:
CSPL is whats written on the belly but i think it is yowies because it came with another yowies figure. (got them in a lot except the kaiyodos and yujin)

bmathison1972

Quote from: sauroid on April 05, 2016, 05:12:51 AM
Quote from: bmathison1972 on March 31, 2016, 11:46:23 PM

Quote from: Beetle guy on April 01, 2016, 09:05:32 AM

Interesting. I will check my version of this figure to see if it also has C.S.P.L on it. It's definitely a Yowie (or a very good knock-off haha).
thanks.
@bmathison:
CSPL is whats written on the belly but i think it is yowies because it came with another yowies figure. (got them in a lot except the kaiyodos and yujin)

Beetle guy

Recently bought figurines. Usually I'm looking only for realistic beetle fugirines, but could not resist to collect a little bit more into the insect world  ;D.

Megasoma acteon by SEGA, firefly, ant, two pill bugs, earwig, two giant waterbugs, mole cricket, and cicade nimph by Kaiyodo, Dragonfly nimph and giant waterbug by Yujin.
All models are great but here's a few highlights

The cicade nimphs (Graphtopsaltria nigorfuscata) by Kaiyodo look really detailed. Here are the two produced variations.

The two Lethocerus deyrollei from Kaiyodo are really great, much detail and nicely painted.

The Yujin Lethocerus deyrollei is superb! Like all Yujin models are to me.

The Anatogaster seiboldii dragonfly nimph is even painted with mud residue on the body. It completes my Yujin dragonfly set :).

sbell

I don't usually collect inverts/creepy crawlies either, but there are some--like the water bugs and earwig--that I also had to have.

And the tardigrades. I have several of those...

bmathison1972

Some recent figures that I have acquired over the last couple weeks or so. Let's keep the creepy crawly theme going :)

1. blue crab decor, bought at a souvenir shop in Cape Coral, Florida
2. female Phalacrognathus muelleri by DeAgostini, Secret #1 from their World Insects Data Book collection
3. female Lucanus maculifemoratus by Takara, also in an acrylic box like the DeAgostini figures (but smaller than them)--must be part of a larger set but I am unfamiliar with any others
4. firefly and praying mantis from Wicked Cool Toys - Wild Kraatz collections
5. planarian by Kitan Club (not an arthropod, but a cool invert nonetheless)
6. Cream of the crop: 1998 large walking stick by Imperial Toys (walkaround coming soon)

AcroSauroTaurus

I just got these guys in the mail!
I am the Dinosaur King!

bmathison1972

about 45 new figures today, courtesy of Marcel (Beetle Guy):
*new species for me

First, the three Italian variants of the DeAgostini set:
1. chafer, Chrysina batesi*
2. jewel beetle, Chrysochroa limbata*
3. leaf insect, Phyllium giganteum

Next, some miscellaneous Sega beetles (possibly Mushi King), top to bottom; left to right"
1. Eupatorius hardwickii*
2. Eupatorius gracillicornis
3. Lamprima adophinae
4. Eupatorius siamensis*
5. Prosopocoilus inclinatus
6. Rhaetulus didieri
7. Heterogomphus hirtus*
8. Chalcosoma moellenkampi
9. Odontolabis cypri*
10. Lucanus maculifemoratus

[there was also a Cyclommatus elaphus but it didn't make it into the photo]

Next, four more of my elusive holy grail set, Insect Directory by Kabaya (I previously only had the leaf insect):

1. Kallima inachus (only figure I know of in genus Kallima)*
2. Luehdorfia japonica
3. Graptopsaltria nigrofuscata
4. Sympetrum pedomontanum elatum*

Next, 15 small 'trunk figures' (I think these are also by Sega but waiting to hear back from Beetle Guy). They are small, the log bases are 20 mm x 17 mm! As such not all the species can quite be confirmed. Top to bottom, left to right:

1. Dorcus sp. (hopei?)
2. Chalcosoma moellenkampi
3. Lucanus maculifemoratus
4. Prosopocoilus inclinatus
5. Chalcosoma atlas
6. Prosopocoilus dissimilis
7. Mesotopus tarandus
8. Dynastes granti
9. Megasoma elephas
10. Xyotrupes gideon
11. Dorcus/Hexarthrius(?)
12. Dynastes hercules
13. Allotopus rosenbergi
14. Chalcosoma caucasus
15. Allomyrhina dichotoma

[The C. atlas and C. caucasus cannot be reliably separated in these little figures]

Lastly, some miscellanous small Sega scarabs thrown in for free :). The smallest are about 20 mm, not including horns and all. A variety including Allotopus, Dynastes, Odontolabis, Allomyrhina, Chalcosoma, Dorcus, Prosopocoilus, others.

Beetle guy

All arrived well  I see :)

Next, 15 small 'trunk figures' (I think these are also by Sega but waiting to hear back from Beetle Guy).

Yes, these are Sega.
The lucanus is a L. maculifemoratus (wrongly coloured , bit like a L. cervus)
A package from Japan came in for me yesterday! Will post tommorow. Though I think nothing new for you ^-^

sauroid

Beetle guy

These I have collected over the last few weeks. A kind seller from Ebay even found me the cybister japonicus from F-Toys! A long sought after model for me. Also some non beetle or even non arthropod models I couldn't resist ;). The Kitan Isopods I bought after seeing the great pics  by forum members here. Really great models they are! I will fill in the species names later.

Found it, got it! ;) F-toys Cybister japonicus.

Really nice kaiyodo cicade!

The antlions larvae of futura Kaiyodo in two variations.

The Kitan Nature of Japan snail, makes a nice addition!

The Kitan Club waterstriders I found very cheap, what great detail the little one has.

These Kitan/Ikimon treefrogs I could not resist (strap version with straps removed).

bmathison1972

Nice haul Marcel. Luckily I have all the arthropods in this image  ;D

AnimalToyForum

Great new additions, Beetle guy! Love the waterstriders.

brontodocus

Oh, wow, all those wonderful insect figures! Congrats, Blaine and Marcel :) I have those Kitan water striders, too, a really unique and wonderful set!
I've been a little reluctant during the last few weeks. But one big figure has just arrived at Frankfurt airport customs for me today, I hope it won't be long until I have it... In the meantime, my collection of 3b Scientific Central European amphibians and reptiles is slowly growing... really slowly, this is my ninth model over the last two years or so... a bit tiny, but still:

Jetoar

Wonderful new acquisitions  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Beetle guy

Quote from: brontodocus on April 27, 2016, 10:06:00 PM
But one big figure has just arrived at Frankfurt airport customs for me today, I hope it won't be long until I have it... In the meantime, my collection of 3b Scientific Central European amphibians and reptiles is slowly growing... really slowly, this is my ninth model over the last two years or so... a bit tiny, but still:

Wow! Nice frog models 3B Scientific have to! 

sbell

Well, it went without saying that I would be getting this set!

And, yes, they are awesome!