Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Recent acquisitions

Started by Jetoar, December 06, 2012, 04:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brontodocus

Ah, the Kabaya insects! :) I have a handful of those, too. The Macrodontia cervicornis is my favourite among them and I haven't seen any other figure representing this species either. The set also includes a nice Hymenopus coronatus nymph.

bmathison1972

Quote from: brontodocus on February 23, 2016, 10:44:25 AM
Ah, the Kabaya insects! :) I have a handful of those, too. The Macrodontia cervicornis is my favourite among them and I haven't seen any other figure representing this species either. The set also includes a nice Hymenopus coronatus nymph.

Play Visions did a M. cervicornis for their 'Exotic Beetles' set; I have the figure but not a pic handy--I'll try to get one soon if others dont.

brontodocus

Quote from: bmathison1972 on February 23, 2016, 11:09:56 AM
Play Visions did a M. cervicornis for their 'Exotic Beetles' set; I have the figure but not a pic handy--I'll try to get one soon if others dont.
:o Ah, okay, now that you mention it, there's even a photo of it in dinocat62's PV and XX thread: http://animaltoyforum.com/index.php?topic=267.msg3108#msg3108 Somehow I forgot about that one... :-[

Jetoar

Hi friend. I want to show you my lasst acquisitions:

and also the Schleich Dilophosaurus, Papo Pteranodon, Kitan Barnacle and Nihon Auto Toy Giant Isopods courtesy of Blaine.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

AcroSauroTaurus

I am the Dinosaur King!

Jetoar

Thanks friend. I am really glad that you like them ^-^.

brontodocus

Congrats, Jetoar! :) It's a good idea to get the remaining Carnegie figures while supplies last.

bmathison1972

Papo European wolf spider (tarantula). See also my recent walk-around.

brontodocus

Finally, my first batch of new figures in quite a while...

:D

bmathison1972

neat assortment Andre, who made they Tokay?

brontodocus

Quote from: bmathison1972 on March 02, 2016, 11:32:17 PM
Thanks, Blaine! :) The Tokay is Bullyland, not a 2016 release (I think 2011).

bmathison1972

Quote from: brontodocus on March 03, 2016, 09:08:31 AM
Quote from: bmathison1972 on March 02, 2016, 11:32:17 PM
Thanks, Blaine! :) The Tokay is Bullyland, not a 2016 release (I think 2011).

Thanks! The Papo Baryonyx....dreadful! :-P

stargatedalek

I'm actually rather fond of the Baryonyx, it's gotten a lot of hate but for me the only issue I have is that the overbite should be more obvious and that it still has bulging muscles in places despite being fleshed out, as if its fatty tissues have their own sets of muscles. A lot more accurate than the CollectA Spinosaurus with it's spider-web back that is so adored...

Sorry for mini-rant, continue as you all were ;)

bmathison1972

Some recent ones.

1) some vintage tin pins. I was curious if I'd ever get something like these, so I finally bought a small set to see how I like them. I do. They are printed 'Japan'. The butterfly really caught my eye.

2) A visit to the Fernbank Museum resulted in a couple goodies. One is the Jungle Animal Puzzle ladybug, which when I got home, found was a total knock-off of the Famemaster 4D figure! Still the texture and color are a little different.

3) Also at the museum I bought the Safari Insect TOOB. Yes, surprisingly I never had the Safari insects TOOB. Interestingly, they have made some updates from the original. The morpho butterfly no longer has tails; the scorpion has 8 legs like it should, and the bee has a different wing position and longer mouthparts. Still, they have the typical TM design.

Sorry for the cheap photo; I was short on time and feeling lazy :)

Jetoar

Really wonderful acqusitions. New Papo animals are really beautiful  ^-^.

brontodocus

bmathison1972

Well, it's done. I have a COMPLETE set of 60 DeAgostini beetles (beetles and one dragonfly). I do not have the four 'secret' females nor the European variants.

AcroSauroTaurus

I got the Schleich Eurasian Eagle Owl today, its actually pretty good, not that I didn't like it in the first place. ;)
I am the Dinosaur King!

stargatedalek

Kitan Club salamander(s) and newts arrived today, very pleased with them!

Japanese fire belly newt, Cynops pyrrhogaster. Two adults and a juvenile, the adults are about 1:1 scale but I'm not sure at what age they change colour so I don't know the young ones scale.

Sword-tail newt, Cynops ensicauda. It's almost 2/3 of their maximum length but they don't seem to change their colours based on size or age so it can safely be 1:1 scale for a small adult or up to 1:2 scale.

Japanese giant salamander, Andrias japonicus. One came on a keychain the other has a magnet in it. It was very difficult to measure but I think it's about 20cm spine length placing them in 7.5 scale.

I actually got baby Otachi a couple days ago half price at TRU. I like that the umbilical cord is removable, it makes a good deceased/deformed pterosaur embryo.

I got a second Safari ltd. bluespotted ribbontail ray, Taeniura lymma. For the second hand price I couldn't resist. Although only about 1:3 of an adult size they seem to be coloured more like juveniles (the silver brown colour seems to fade to green with age).

At half price (thank goodness) I got a JW "Dimorphodon". I got this one a few weeks ago actually, but I'm sure everyone understands why I didn't think it was worth bothering to post on its own.

Beetle guy

Kitan slamanders are really great!
To beetle or not to beetle.