News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Recent acquisitions

Started by Jetoar, December 06, 2012, 04:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbell

Quote from: brontodocus on March 11, 2013, 10:44:03 PM
Quote from: sbell on March 11, 2013, 09:55:58 PM
Also received a Tchibo paddlefish from Brontodocus today which is cool. First parcel received ar my new address.
Hehe, funny coincidence... the CollectA Red Panda you sent in return arrived today, too! ;D
Excellent.

HKHollinstone

Wow, they're fantastic additions Ash!  I love the aaa mallard, haven't seen that model before.
I'm very glad you like the nyala ^-^

brontodocus

Helge sent me a parcel containing... this:

:D :D :D

sauroid

very cool new ones brontodocus
my recent acquisitions
Red Data black african rhinoceros

Sega Dynastes hercules ecuatorianus

brontodocus

Wow, congrats sauroid! :) I wasn't aware of this Sega Hercules Beetle. :o How big is it and where did you get it? If you like you could also add it here. :)

Did you get the Red Data Black Rhinoceros with or without the base?

sauroid

Quote from: brontodocus on March 28, 2013, 10:14:02 AM
Wow, congrats sauroid! :) I wasn't aware of this Sega Hercules Beetle. :o How big is it and where did you get it? If you like you could also add it here. :)

Did you get the Red Data Black Rhinoceros with or without the base?
the Sega Hercules beetle is six inches long.
i get all my japanese figures, either loose or mint, from a japanese relative who sends me stuff on a (almost) weekly basis. ^-^
unfortunately, i either lost the base of the red data rhino or it didnt come with one when i received it. (i threw away so many packing stuff that it could have been included, like what almost happened to your kaiyodo turtle). it happened before with my shipment of loose Kabaya dinosaur figures.  :'(
will post pics on the beetle thread.  ;)

brontodocus

Quote from: sauroid on March 28, 2013, 11:34:25 AM
unfortunately, i either lost the base of the red data rhino or it didnt come with one when i received it. (i threw away so many packing stuff that it could have been included, like what almost happened to your kaiyodo turtle). it happened before with my shipment of loose Kabaya dinosaur figures.  :'(
Oh, no, sorry to read that... :( While it may not help much - it's one of the simpler bases from the series, anyways, and the figure still looks impressive (I like its rather gracile, dynamic build). :)

sauroid

yes that rhino is too slender actually.
some more recent arrivals
Tosa, the imperial japanese warrior dog

Kabaya matamata turtle (this is made of polystone)

Kabaya giant anteater

preserved insect (is this a species of assassin bug?). not a toy but collectible.

brontodocus

Yes, the Red Data Black Rhino is a little too slender but I appreciate how they captured that Black Rhinos are comparatively more slender and gracile than other rhinos, I guess the sculptor went just a little too far (the same is probably true for the Red Data Gorilla which is also very slender).

Hey, and congrats for the Kabaya Matamata! :)

The insect is definitely not an assassin bug. But it's less easy to say what it is instead... It is apparently a member of the Pentatomorpha (which consists of many families, though) and I would need to be able to see scutellum size, presence or absence of ocelli on the head, number of tarsomers (two or three) and number of longitudinal veins in the membrane of the forewing to tell which family it is. :-\

Varanus

Nice scores Sauroid and Brontodocus! :D

Jetoar

Today I was visiting sea life aquarium and I bought some figures. I will share images of them.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

sbell

I've had a few things show up lately (with more on the way...I will wait to say more until those arrive).

I did, however, come across a set of bin lizards at a local dollar store--and picked up a helmeted iguana, draco flying dragon, tiger/fire salamander, and OLM! I don't have my camera in a convenient spot right now so I don't have photos, but I will get some up when I can.

And sorry, but the olm was the only one there... :-\ (same with the others)

brontodocus

Congrats, Jetoar & Sean... but, you know, like the man in black would say...
Quote from: sbell on March 31, 2013, 02:53:25 AM
And sorry, but the olm was the only one there... :-\ (same with the others)
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :'( ;D

brontodocus

Wow, this one has been longer in the mail than expected (almost four weeks within the EU, I guess it may have something to do with easter and the cold weather) but the pleasure unpacking this parcel was probably even greater...

So today I received all these from copper (the albino Corydoras was an unexpected extra)! :D

sbell

Quote from: brontodocus on April 05, 2013, 08:15:20 PM
Wow, this one has been longer in the mail than expected (almost four weeks within the EU, I guess it may have something to do with easter and the cold weather) but the pleasure unpacking this parcel was probably even greater...

So today I received all these from copper (the albino Corydoras was an unexpected extra)! :D

Your photo reminds me that I was too late to finally get a Kaiyodo axolotl...oh well. Someday perhaps. At least I have my olm!

sauroid

great new additions Dr. Andre. ^-^

Jetoar

Cool acquisitions Brontodocus
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

brontodocus

Thanks, sauroid & Jetoar! :)

sbell

I can finally get pictures of everything new on here!

First up, my daughter's haul:

Schleich Yak (the grey plant eater--she gets $20 and this is what she asks for...), arctic fox kit, mixed breed dog (with curly tail, like our pure bred! And it was a free gift). And Safari Incredible Creatures Hamster and Guinea Pig (they smell so much better than the real things, and are much quieter).

My son's most recent:

Safari Incredible Creatures Hermit Crab, Honeybee, Sallylightfoot Crab, and Blue Swimmer crab

All of the Safari stuff came from a Michael's, good thing they have phone-ready coupons!

Now my stuff. First, the range of figures that have arrive din the mail over the last month (lots of sources):

From Brontodocus, the Tchibo Paddlefish (I now have a hand-sculpted Paddlefish decoy and a kids' squirt toy paddlefish--where is my Japanese or other model?); from ebay seller ig88droid a Kaiyodo swordtail newt (bottom right, with red & yellow); from ebay seller GoldfishGirl, a Nayab torpedo ray; and from ebay seller japanfigure1996 a Kaiyodo Lajke Biwa Catfish, bottlecap TUbe Worm, Kuroiwa's Gecko, western Japanese clawed salamander, red face gouldian finch and Ryuku odd-tooth snake

And the local finds, from a set of 'lizards' in a dollar store bin:

Going counter-clockwise from the upper left:

Draco flying lizard, fire (?) salamander (I'd be open to feedback on this one); olm; crested iguana; and what I (and, upon seeing it, my son) think might be a Tuatara!
The rest of the set is pretty poor or generic, but the store was sold out of most of them by now.

If only I had somewhere to display this stuff now...

brontodocus

Congrats! :) I'm still tempted getting the Guinea Pig for my sons, too (I even thought of repainting it - there is a series of books for children about a female named "King-Kong" only that it would be black and white). One question: Is the olm really stamped olm underneath? It's brown and has, well, very many fingers (especially for an olm but five would be too much for any salamander) and well-developed eyes, too. It really reminds me of a larva of the Grotto Salamander, Eurycea spelaea.
Quote from: sbell on April 10, 2013, 04:20:02 AM
If only I had somewhere to display this stuff now...
More shelves for your Ikea Detolf cabinets! :) Really, I remember some of your collection photos on DTF and I believe your glass cabinets are Ikea Detolf (I'm thinking about getting one or two for myself, too). While they are not too pricey something that bothers me is that there are only three glass shelves which is a real waste of space for Gashapon size figures. But a few days ago I found that someone described a nice way to add more shelves to the cabinet which makes Detolf interesting for me, too. :) If you're interested, I might still find the link but the method is very simple, anyways.