Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Recent acquisitions

Started by Jetoar, December 06, 2012, 04:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

Nice acquisitions Sbell.  The plastic hamster would have the advantage of not being able to bite you (I remember being bitten by my pet hamsters when I was a kid, not a pleasant experience)

They came flying from far away, now I'm under their spell....

sbell

Quote from: brontodocus on April 10, 2013, 02:28:14 PM
Congrats! :) I'm still tempted getting the Guinea Pig for my sons, too (I even thought of repainting it - there is a series of books for children about a female named "King-Kong" only that it would be black and white). One question: Is the olm really stamped olm underneath? It's brown and has, well, very many fingers (especially for an olm but five would be too much for any salamander) and well-developed eyes, too. It really reminds me of a larva of the Grotto Salamander, Eurycea spelaea.
Quote from: sbell on April 10, 2013, 04:20:02 AM
If only I had somewhere to display this stuff now...
More shelves for your Ikea Detolf cabinets! :) Really, I remember some of your collection photos on DTF and I believe your glass cabinets are Ikea Detolf (I'm thinking about getting one or two for myself, too). While they are not too pricey something that bothers me is that there are only three glass shelves which is a real waste of space for Gashapon size figures. But a few days ago I found that someone described a nice way to add more shelves to the cabinet which makes Detolf interesting for me, too. :) If you're interested, I might still find the link but the method is very simple, anyways.

It isn't marked as 'olm'. As usual, they are just stamped with China and a number. I am guessing that colour can't gbe trusted too much, as I don't think were being too accurate (did you see the tuatara!?). But it seems to fit mostly with that; whatever it turns out to be, it is unique.

Here's a 'better' picture:

As for the shelves, I don't have Detolfs anymore; I sold them when we moved. My current shelves are big wooden Ikea display cabinets, but everything that was moved is packed up (since we expect to buy a house at some point anyway). So really, I have lots of space, but the doors are packed somewhere away from the cabinets, and the shelves would be pretty bare right now!

postsaurischian

First up, my daughter's haul:

My son's most recent:

;D Ha, ha .... it's so obvious which are the girl's and which ones are the boy's figures. Lovely!

sbell

Quote from: postsaurischian on April 11, 2013, 02:48:58 PM
First up, my daughter's haul:

My son's most recent:

;D Ha, ha .... it's so obvious which are the girl's and which ones are the boy's figures. Lovely!

This time--but my daughter is also the one who saved up for the Schleich war elephant and Papo Brachiosaurus. Their tastes are as varied as my collection!

tyrantqueen

sauroid

that softshell and the two anurans are very cool figures TQ

my recent acquisitions
mojo fun tiger cub

discontinued Schleich wild boar/piglet

discontinued Schleich male gorilla

discontinued Schleich giraffe

discontinued Schleich zebra foal

AnimalToyForum

Nice new additions Sauroid  8) The Schleich boar piglet is especially rather nice!

Jetoar

Wonderful Shleich discontinued figures, congrats!  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

sauroid

thanks Doc and  Jetoar. ;)

some more recent ones
CollectA nile croc

AAA giraffe calf

AAA indian rhino

AAA hippo calf (would look better with matte paint)

Bullyland tokay gecko

Bullyland seahorse

brontodocus

Ah, the Bullyland Tokay Gecko! :) Still have to get that one, too.

Oh, I have some new ones, too:

The Bullyland Prehistoric Mammals were, well, I already had them but I had to push the total over â,¬60 to get free shipping. And my old Megatherium had its tongue broken off (I sculpted a new one).
But most important, finally I have the IC Townsend's Big-eared Bat and the WS Sealife Sunfish! ^-^

tyrantqueen

That bat is magnificent and the snail almost looks real :o

brontodocus

Thanks, tyrantqueen! :) I was hesitating for, well, over a year until I finally decided to buy the snail. I should have bought it earlier. Oh, and the bat was of course one of the most anticipated figures for me this year!

Jetoar

amazing new acquisitions, well done friends  ^-^!

Ana

Great newcomers Brontodocus! Congratulations! :D

Jetoar

my last acquisitions  ^-^.

All figures and books are wonderfull from my point of view  ^-^

sauroid

wow you got so many cool new acquisitions Dr. Andre and Jetoar. congrats . :)

Jetoar

Quote from: sauroid on April 20, 2013, 08:39:49 PM
wow you got so many cool new acquisitions Dr. Andre and Jetoar. congrats . :)

Thanks friend, I am happy that you like them  ^-^

brontodocus

Congrats, Jetoar! :) Which reminds me of the bitter fact that so far I still haven't any warthog figure... :'( That needs to be changed, soon! :)

Jetoar

Quote from: brontodocus on April 20, 2013, 11:30:34 PM
Congrats, Jetoar! :) Which reminds me of the bitter fact that so far I still haven't any warthog figure... :'( That needs to be changed, soon! :)

Thanks friend, I happy that you like it,dont worry for the warthog figures, I bought the mine in a local store, and now it is posibble to find them  ^-^.

sauroid

we are on the same boat Dr. Andre. i need warthog figures in my collection.