Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Recent acquisitions

Started by Jetoar, December 06, 2012, 04:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brontodocus

Urgh, and too bad that the retired Wild Safari Warthog seems to be not so easy to find anymore (at least over here in Germany)...  :'(

sauroid

some recent ones
re-ment hippo

monterey bay aquarium great hammerhead shark

more Schleich 1999 seals

safari ltd whale shark

Takama

I got the schelich 2013 peacock yesterday.   Expect a walkaround tonight or sooner

blackdanter

Morning folks,
Some of you may know me from DTF. I usually collect dinos but am apt to get a little bored with them from time to time ............... head like a merry go round as my wife says! Anyhow, I do collect some extant animal figures. Only insects, unusual fish, some lizards and Salamanders/newts. Only a handful really. The insects started after acquiring a few Yujin ones in dino job lots. I love the beetles and keep one eye out for beetle figures from time to time. I just acquired a large job lot of steroid infused Japanese beetle figures and received package 1 of 2 this week. Here it is unpacked. These are a mixture of Subarudo and T-Arts. When the second package arrives I should have a full set of both. With both sets you can open the wing cases and add the wings if you wish but my taste is not to have these added. There are four in the Subarudo set and the fourth figure is oddly a hornet. I forgot to add this in for the photo. I will ultimately have a few duplicates all told, I think possibly 3 sets of Subarudo and odd doubles of the T-Arts just in case anyone has anything for trade in a similar vein.

tyrantqueen

They came flying from far away, now I'm under their spell....

Jetoar

Wonderful figures, congrats  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

brontodocus

Whoa, congrats! :) I still haven't a single Subarudo beetle! I'd be really interested in a trade, even though I may not have as much to trade left than I used to have...

KathyAnderson

Those beetles are really realistic!
I like Puppy in my Pockets and Littlest Pet Shop.
~Kathy~

blackdanter

April's haul. Unusually good month for me! Just happened across a few things on my list:

AAA Deep Sea Fish

Already had a few examples of the ELC ones but that darn Pelican Eel had been eluding me. Came across a BIN set of new figures which included the eel and, as my others were used figures, I decided to have them. I've already got a Hatchet fish someplace. Is it me or are these figures smaller than the ELC ones? I'm sure the Bat fish is half the size of my existing one but can't be digging through the loft to find it!

I do love salamander and newt figures!

Paid through the nose at Monsterhouse for the retired Bullyland Fire Salamander but it was a want, Want, WANT (thanks to Brontodocus!). The Colorata salamander was a happy accident x3 (cough!). I was surprised that it's larger than expected. And, picked up a couple of Kaiyodo's I hadn't got (I think I have all of the standard Choco Q and Furuta salamanders/newts now)  ;)

brontodocus

Wow, congrats, John!  :) I thought the AAA deep-sea fish were fairly large (about as large as their Safari Ltd counterparts) and ELC is still sort of a mystery to me. Weren't at least some AAA figures distributed by ELC? I didn't know there may be differently sized deep-sea fish by AAA and ELC. But I had seen used figures in a German auction before where the figures looked a good deal smaller, so that may be the reason then. The Colorata salamander is the only figure I have from the retired River Life box. Got mine via Japan auctions as a single figure and thanks to Jauce fees it turned out to cost me over â,¬10 in the end (BIN price was 300 yen if I remember correctly). :-\

OkapiBoy

Quote from: brontodocus on March 13, 2013, 11:15:23 PM
Helge sent me a parcel containing... this:

:D :D :D

Lucky you! I really want that saurolophus! :) Hope to one day find it ;)

OkapiBoy

Quote from: blackdanter on May 02, 2013, 05:48:09 PM
April's haul. Unusually good month for me! Just happened across a few things on my list:

AAA Deep Sea Fish

Already had a few examples of the ELC ones but that darn Pelican Eel had been eluding me. Came across a BIN set of new figures which included the eel and, as my others were used figures, I decided to have them. I've already got a Hatchet fish someplace. Is it me or are these figures smaller than the ELC ones? I'm sure the Bat fish is half the size of my existing one but can't be digging through the loft to find it!

I do love salamander and newt figures!

Paid through the nose at Monsterhouse for the retired Bullyland Fire Salamander but it was a want, Want, WANT (thanks to Brontodocus!). The Colorata salamander was a happy accident x3 (cough!). I was surprised that it's larger than expected. And, picked up a couple of Kaiyodo's I hadn't got (I think I have all of the standard Choco Q and Furuta salamanders/newts now)  ;)

Those beetles are awesome, but I love the deep sea fish! I saw the set once, but did not have the $ at that time to get them :(

blackdanter

Quote from: brontodocus on May 02, 2013, 10:18:53 PM
Wow, congrats, John!  :) I thought the AAA deep-sea fish were fairly large (about as large as their Safari Ltd counterparts) and ELC is still sort of a mystery to me. Weren't at least some AAA figures distributed by ELC? I didn't know there may be differently sized deep-sea fish by AAA and ELC. But I had seen used figures in a German auction before where the figures looked a good deal smaller, so that may be the reason then. The Colorata salamander is the only figure I have from the retired River Life box. Got mine via Japan auctions as a single figure and thanks to Jauce fees it turned out to cost me over â,¬10 in the end (BIN price was 300 yen if I remember correctly). :-\

Thanks Andre. ELC used to carry a large chunk of the AAA range. They had a limited number of reptiles, the deep sea fish, insects and most of the wildlife and farm figures. I still have a huge ant eater and gorilla someplace from ELC which are AAA. Of course, they carried the dinosaurs and the usual prehistoric mammals as well (sadly not the Entelodont and Hyaenadon). ELC have shrunk as a company, the two local stores have closed and the nearest is 60 odd miles away from me now, but in any case their AAA stocks dwindled to next to nothing so I'm not overly fussed! I have a few dinosaurs, lizards, insects etc that came from ELC but most everything else I'd like to get seems to be available in the US from places that don't ship internationally.

I don't have the Safari deep sea fish so can't say how they'd compare. I don't really collect Safari figures. I do still have a few but donated most of my Safari dinosaurs (around 60) to a local school last year.   

I'm not sure about the other AAA deep sea fish but I'm convinced that the Bat fish is a lot smaller. I'll update when I've gotten around to making comparisons.

I only have the Colorata salamander from the River Life set. I don't think there's anything else in the set I would want. I think the rest of the set is mainly fish?   

blackdanter

Quote from: OkapiBoy on May 03, 2013, 02:49:00 AM

Those beetles are awesome, but I love the deep sea fish! I saw the set once, but did not have the $ at that time to get them :(

Thanks Okapiboy (it's Boki surely?)

I thought you had all of the AAA deep sea fish?

KathyAnderson

I LOVE LOVE love those deep-sea fish! They're cool!
~Kathy~

sbell

It seems I only rarely have anything to add these days...but today changes that!

I had a friend visiting Japan who visited the Osaka aquarium and found some Colorata boxes for me!

I finally own the Marine mammals (original), tropical frogs (that's a lot of frogs in there!) and the now-discontinued Endangered Reptiles (spare crocodile and Tuatara! Whoo!).

But there was also something unexpected--each box had two mini Colorata figures! I have never, in the course of now 18 Colorata sets (give or take) seen that--all marine focused (given the Aquarium, it makes sense).  I received an orca, a great white shark, two manta rays (given the size, they can be Manta alfredi compared to the sharks box manta!), a seal (haven't determined what kind) and...a coelacanth! All of them are about 25mm long or so, so not to scale but great for diorama-ing.

It does make me wonder a few things--is this common in the zoos and aquariums where they are sold? I have never ran into that before (including from other sealed boxes from other zoos and aquaria). Is it just for this aquarium? And just how many are there?  Judging by the ones I have, there are at least 3 sets represented (marine mammals, sharks, fossil fish) and if that is true, are the whole sets present in miniature?

And if so, how fast can I get to Osaka and dig until I uncover a mini gar and bichir!

On a sadder note, my friend did not appear to have any Kaiyodo gashapon success. But I still got little rare animals!

sauroid

awesome! that sounds like a very cool acquisition for you sbell. i can't wait to see pics when they arrive.

KathyAnderson

Your new figures sound really cool!
~Kathy~

sbell

Quote from: sauroid on May 04, 2013, 06:30:44 AM
awesome! that sounds like a very cool acquisition for you sbell. i can't wait to see pics when they arrive.

I already have them! I just need the time to take pictures!

sauroid

just received these yesterday (among boxes of dino figures)
re-ment african elephant

safari ltd 1998 lion (quite ugly but i still want it in my collection)