News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

New on Ebay

Started by AnimalToyForum, December 07, 2012, 11:13:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EpicRaptorMan

https://www.ebay.com/itm/155072836875?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=FGt5p67ESyG&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=nl7fK7WtThm&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Since anacondas have been popular talks lately due to the newly announced Safari Ltd one, here is a pair of reasonably priced Schleich ones (discontinued) if for some reason you didn't like Safari LTD's

Ikessauro

Quote from: sbell on June 18, 2022, 11:25:07 AMThe six Marsh Education fish are great. At that price I wonder if they weren't sourced from China directly, since Marsh lists them as available on their site. 5 years ago Marsh was sold out, TaoBao/AliExpress were the only places to get them.

I probably should have reviewed more than the loach minnow but just never got to it. I guess I did a pupfish walk around too.

Sorry for being a bit off topic here, but I have a question. I recently read @Gwangi 's review of the Razorback on the blog (great review btw) and decided to order the fish from the Marsh Education shop. I got 4 of them, since I had bought the Razorback on eBay and Loach Minnow was sold out.

But it has been a few days now and there was no shipping confirmation or any tracking added to my order on Paypal. Do they take long to ship orders? I tried contacting them via e-mail, but got an automatic reply saying my e-mail could not be delivered.

I am not in a hurry, I don't mind waiting a bit longer to get my order, as long as I can be sure it will be delivered. But their website is a bit "crude" and looks outdated, their contact e-mail address is not working, and my payment via paypal was sent to an account called "[email protected]" so I started to worry about my order.

Did anyone buy from them recently? Are they reliable?

sbell

Quote from: Ikessauro on July 23, 2022, 09:52:42 PM
Quote from: sbell on June 18, 2022, 11:25:07 AMThe six Marsh Education fish are great. At that price I wonder if they weren't sourced from China directly, since Marsh lists them as available on their site. 5 years ago Marsh was sold out, TaoBao/AliExpress were the only places to get them.

I probably should have reviewed more than the loach minnow but just never got to it. I guess I did a pupfish walk around too.

Sorry for being a bit off topic here, but I have a question. I recently read @Gwangi 's review of the Razorback on the blog (great review btw) and decided to order the fish from the Marsh Education shop. I got 4 of them, since I had bought the Razorback on eBay and Loach Minnow was sold out.

But it has been a few days now and there was no shipping confirmation or any tracking added to my order on Paypal. Do they take long to ship orders? I tried contacting them via e-mail, but got an automatic reply saying my e-mail could not be delivered.

I am not in a hurry, I don't mind waiting a bit longer to get my order, as long as I can be sure it will be delivered. But their website is a bit "crude" and looks outdated, their contact e-mail address is not working, and my payment via paypal was sent to an account called "[email protected]" so I started to worry about my order.

I haven't ordered for many years. But I found the customer service really good back then (2016...)

I would keep trying, or try to contact through their Facebook page

Gwangi

Quote from: Ikessauro on July 23, 2022, 09:52:42 PM

I ordered a couple figures from them after I reviewed the razorback (glad you liked the review) and it took about 7-10 days for the package to arrive. I'm in the United States so I suspect it will take longer to get to you. They did not give me a tracking number or anything but it arrived with the figures in decent shape, and well packaged. Before I made my purchase I did send them an email to verify that the items were indeed in stock and the person I was in correspondence with was very nice. I think you'll be alright. Hope that helps @Ikessauro.

Ikessauro

Thanks @Gwangi and @sbell

I contacted them via Facebook and got a reply quite fast. They explain they only go in once a week to ship items, since they are a non profit organization and can't have full time staff working there.

I guess I only have to wait now. Looking forward to receiving those fish.

NSD Bashe

It looks like this listing only ships to the UK, but if anyone over there is looking for it, here is the very hard to find AAA anglerfish
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/403786006307?mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=710-53481-19255-0&campid=5338722076&customid=&toolid=10050

NSD Bashe

I have a question; does anyone have any idea what these are?:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/174335679124?hash=item2897375a94:g:kDMAAOSwCyRe~cqb

Are they some kind of tiny plastic figures stored in gel?  And if so are they supposed to stay in the gel or be taken out?  Or are they more like stickers?  Does anybody know?  I've seen this listed a few times and still don't know what to make of it and can't seem to find any other info on it...

NSD Bashe

pretty decent price for this Safari angler; even seems to have the lure intact

https://www.ebay.com/itm/195197609035?hash=item2d72af244b:g:6hMAAOSw89NiRTsn

NSD Bashe

The new Kinder saola is available here:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/204091152899

and if you type "Natoons 2 Ferrero 2022" into eBay you should get the others to come up also.

bmathison1972

Quote from: NSD Bashe on September 19, 2022, 04:22:49 AMThe new Kinder saola is available here:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/204091152899

and if you type "Natoons 2 Ferrero 2022" into eBay you should get the others to come up also.

Thanks! I think I'll go for the frog but will wait for it to be sold in the US on eBay! Thanks for the tip!

NSD Bashe

no problem  ^-^

Now here's a curious lot containing the AAA "lantern fish" which has become more difficult to find recently; this one happens to be the even more obscure alternate color version.  Shipping is a bit expensive for anyone in the US but in case anyone's particularly desperate to find this particular model it's here:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/403874240162?hash=item5e08c7d6a2:g:4-AAAOSwPxNjGOj4&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAoEC2b2pSeY8JNxEt2S04HTx8XQq6SxjIym5qH6zpMe%2FtA5DtihCTNfZnb3CZCQbVabUc8Gh3S4aevcIon%2B3belv%2BLKu%2Bd9meW6yTOOYjrgHFjWJ7nbF%2Fy4ES1uwuJaYwst5MYdyQSoiLp6S6ZmnUCWYj7Vr2BcCALX%2FOXG4QER3Jzu7N1P3fKGcHt8h2QiSDtWxMO3x7Eq%2Fbwdzynbtf6O8%3D%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR6bQ6OnrYA

BlueKrono

I like turtles.

NSD Bashe

It is, kind of at least, it's based on the old specimens of barreleye that were missing the outer layer of the head; not sure why it was labeled by AAA as a "lantern fish" but from what I understand the term lantern fish has been used to refer to a number of deep sea fish besides just the species most commonly referred to as lantern fish.  It is a cool model in any case.

NSD Bashe

Curious and obscure little set of fish that includes an angler, an ocean sunfish and a particularly rare fangtooth.  I believe it was from one of the Chap Mei sets initially or something similar.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/363965507220?hash=item54be08e694:g:oWIAAOSwzxBjBo7e&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAsGefqIFL7j51k3ExPJTTXHY2CA6Dsc4igNrAw3DYD6uXxtlBSZsjeiwnyBABiyxtP6gzuQlQJmw2f6VQR4jJguOV6bXeWCaJXOutsQhDwHMhxxOjJa7SQf11HyxkhYbVKYJOeBibPQvb1oowf5fg9EUG3h2acGqrsHTSyfqgwbGHrJy6BIXpMypqZLtxoNVLiELzT41RMwdzR0MjP%2FOtf5ONsX%2Fi7cAby1QWx9bkmjZ6%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR4ampOzuYA

--Just a warning from experience, the snap-off edges of these figures are incredibly sharp and very hard plastic, so be prepared to be very careful cutting them loose and you'll likely want to file the edges down as well.