News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

New on Ebay

Started by AnimalToyForum, December 07, 2012, 11:13:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EpicRaptorMan

stargatedalek

Quote from: EpicRaptorMan on September 06, 2024, 02:14:28 AMhttps://www.mercari.com/us/item/m45883054263?sv=0

1997 Safari LTD. Giant iguana
I am confused, is this different from Japanese Mercari? Buyee is not acknowledging the link.

sbell

Quote from: stargatedalek on September 06, 2024, 11:04:38 PM
Quote from: EpicRaptorMan on September 06, 2024, 02:14:28 AMhttps://www.mercari.com/us/item/m45883054263?sv=0

1997 Safari LTD. Giant iguana
I am confused, is this different from Japanese Mercari? Buyee is not acknowledging the link.

I think Mercari US is related but not the same

EpicRaptorMan

Idk it's the Mercari that I purchased off of.

stargatedalek

I have bought form Japanese Mercari before, but this American one is... a lot more annoying to find proxy services for. And those that exist seem to have crazy shipping costs and use pickup locations instead of postal service delivery.

Anyone who can should get that iguana! It's one of the best figures Safari has ever made.

AnimalToyForum

Should I create a "New on Mercari" thread?

NSD Bashe

Also stuff you try to buy on Mercari sometimes just doesn't ever get sent though you seem to get your money back at least

EpicRaptorMan

Quote from: AnimalToyForum on September 07, 2024, 06:56:57 PMShould I create a "New on Mercari" thread?
No. But if you really wanted to, you could rename this thread to: "New on the Internet" or something and have a subtitle to include eBay, Amazon, Mercari etc.

I just think another thread won't be necessary

EpicRaptorMan

I have bought quite a few items on mercari. And I have also sold quite a few items too.

It's legit, but they're just trying to find their place in the WWW

bmathison1972

Quote from: EpicRaptorMan on September 07, 2024, 11:19:57 PM
Quote from: AnimalToyForum on September 07, 2024, 06:56:57 PMShould I create a "New on Mercari" thread?
No. But if you really wanted to, you could rename this thread to: "New on the Internet" or something and have a subtitle to include eBay, Amazon, Mercari etc.

I just think another thread won't be necessary

That's what I was thinking. "New on the Internet" or "Sales on the Internet"

AnimalToyForum

Hmm. I like threads dedicated to specific stores. Certainly Ebay and Amazon, as you know what you're getting with them. So, maybe a "New on other sites" thread, to split the difference?

EpicRaptorMan

I just would think it would be a bit moot to litter the forum with threads that are essentially all the same.

I would just keep posting my findings here as this thread would be the easiest to find

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: EpicRaptorMan on September 08, 2024, 02:44:01 AMI just would think it would be a bit moot to litter the forum with threads that are essentially all the same.

I would just keep posting my findings here as this thread would be the easiest to find

Over on the DTF we even have separate threads for Ebay.com, Ebay.co.uk and Ebay.de. That's worked well for nearly two decades. I think splitting them up makes it much simpler for readers to know which ones are most relevant to them. The only reason we don't do that here is because it's so much quieter and there's not really enough content posted yet to warrant splitting it up. But as it gets more active here we can eventually justify splitting them up here as well.