News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

New on Ebay

Started by AnimalToyForum, December 07, 2012, 11:13:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NSD Bashe

MudpupWaterdog

Quote from: NSD Bashe on November 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PMOh yeah I thought about that one actually but it is pretty expensive; I couldn't figure out what brand the squid and cuttlefish were...

I have that squid, I believe it's K&M. Picked it up somewhere in Florida as a kid in the 90s. That blue spotted ribbontail ray is also K&M, I have that model but painted black with white spots. I believe it's a Xingu river ray, which would (as far as I know) make it the only freshwater stingray made by a Western company.

I also had that cuttlefish at one point, I don't remember the brand but it's not from one of the big names. I got it in a blister pack with another differently colored cuttlefish. They were made of soft rubber and hollow, so you could fill them with water and use them as mini squirt guns.

I also have that blue ringed octopus from a Wonder World gel aquarium set. Some 90s commercial nostalgia for anyone else who had one. I think I still have the piranhas somewhere at home, but not many of the other sea animal toys survived the years.

NSD Bashe

Oh thanks, I'd been wondering about the blue ringed octopus too actually since it wasn't listed in the wiki.  I think I've seen it in one other lot somewhere as well.  I've seen one picture of that cuttlefish on what seems like a defunct(?) site called Tapir and Friends; it also doesn't list the brand
...I wonder if it's related to the Bullyland cuttlefish? it looks similar aside from the color and length of the tentacles

bmathison1972

I work A LOT with both kobe_one and jube88; both GREAT!

NSD Bashe

NSD Bashe

https://www.ebay.com/itm/404007038309?hash=item5e10b22d65:g:iScAAOSw0Oljej-J&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAoL7476Bs1nOa%2FfLT8LaOKjQNU9GXhRbIcutQzDmbg%2BgR4to01JBwcHn7Y93BxX2XmbFTC25jFRjwRYsaXCi1w3REDpg21iM%2FzDnngGElGqJS5BJghxYLG0Ijaoz4nacmRuGd3Dte1zbB3LtN5pxeXeBpIuz8dvYdHBHbwJE2Mm0CEnUAbUGebqnq%2FXAYxKDvzg2KGP%2BBNJRBItGWar3FfIo%3D%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR5ag1sqTYQ

Fairly obscure Accoutrements of Nature (I think) lionfish up for bid, shipping looks pretty expensive for the US at least.  But there seem to be surprisingly few lionfish made, and this is one not listed in the Animal Toy Wiki in case anyone's interested.  I know there's also a pufferfish labelled a "death puffer" of the same brand which shows up on eBay occasionally...

EpicRaptorMan

Since only vintage deep sea fish get posted here I'll add something that I saw for sale too. Though not quite eBay.

https://merc.li/uw3bNc6Vb?sv=0

NSD Bashe

sorry about that, just happens deep sea fish is most of what I come across when I check eBay   ;D

BlueKrono

Quote from: NSD Bashe on February 05, 2023, 06:53:53 PMsorry about that, just happens deep sea fish is most of what I come across when I check eBay  ;D

Don't stop! 👍
I like turtles.