News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd. - New for 2023

Started by bmathison1972, January 27, 2023, 02:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbell

Quote from: Shane on October 10, 2023, 01:18:58 PM
Quote from: bmathison1972 on October 09, 2023, 09:43:20 PM@Shane - on the Safari site, the Everglades TOOB is gone, even as a 'Coming Soon'. I hope this is a glitch and not a substantial delay? I understand if  you can't divulge too much information.

The page was inadvertently set to "draft" form in a bulk update. It's been set back to "active". Just a glitch. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Hey @Shane just curious if you know an ETA for the Everglades toob and shark? I have a free shipping code with Safari which is massive, and I'm just hoping those will arrive before it expires!

Shane

Quote from: sbell on October 18, 2023, 10:51:16 PMHey @Shane just curious if you know an ETA for the Everglades toob and shark? I have a free shipping code with Safari which is massive, and I'm just hoping those will arrive before it expires!

I can't give a hard answer but the silky shark will probably come earlier, maybe by November or December. The Everglades TOOB a bit later, maybe December or early 2024.

sbell

Quote from: Shane on October 19, 2023, 01:19:58 PM
Quote from: sbell on October 18, 2023, 10:51:16 PMHey @Shane just curious if you know an ETA for the Everglades toob and shark? I have a free shipping code with Safari which is massive, and I'm just hoping those will arrive before it expires!

I can't give a hard answer but the silky shark will probably come earlier, maybe by November or December. The Everglades TOOB a bit later, maybe December or early 2024.
Thanks!

sphyrna18

Quote from: Shane on September 22, 2023, 08:59:44 PM
Quote from: bmathison1972 on September 22, 2023, 08:55:55 PM
Quote from: Shane on September 22, 2023, 07:54:12 PMThe Incredible Creatures line ... insects ... are the prime candidates for this collection.

then please let's see more of them than just the honey bee (and I'm not counting the HK figures that got rolled into IC)...  ;)  8)  :P  C:-)

Your suggestions have been duly noted ;)

I second this suggestion!!  Incredible Creatures.... how about Incredible Insects?!  Can you imagine life-size Incredible Creatures figures of some of the world's largest insects?  Safari should forget about doing generic insect figures as Incredible Creatures and go with some really incredible insects.  How about life-size figures of Goliath Beetles, Atlas Moths, Queen Alexandria's Birdwing Butterflies (males are the the gorgeous ones!), Jungle Nymph Walkingsticks, Malaysian Giant Katydids, Giant Red-winged Grasshoppers, or any of the other thousands of really gigantic insects?  If they don't want to do such giant figures, there are even more just large to really large insects - many of which also boast really bright colors, and they would make excellent, eye-catching figures!  My personal favorites are the Grasshoppers.  I miss Safari's Southeastern Lubber Grasshopper, and  I think it's time they update it and make it life-size haha.  I'd also settle for a Desert Locust or a Galopagos Large Painted Locust ;) .  Can we finally get a proper Walkingstick?  I think the Incredible Creatures line is sorely missing insect figures, but it's the ideal line to showcase them.  In fact, I think Safari is sorely missing bold insect figures....

Shane

Just wanted to give a heads up to folks here, the Safari Ltd Instagram account has been restored. You may have to re-follow it.

EpicRaptorMan

Any news on when the silky shark & grey parrot will become available?

sbell

Quote from: EpicRaptorMan on November 26, 2023, 07:30:00 AMAny news on when the silky shark & grey parrot will become available?

A while back I asked about the shark, Shane had said November -December.

Right after the black Friday deals! ;) (kidding, I doubt it's related)

EpicRaptorMan

@sbell well I am waiting on HappyHenToys to get the Muscovy duck in the stock before completing my order. And I guess at this point I should wait for the silky shark and the gray parrot as well.

sbell

Quote from: EpicRaptorMan on November 26, 2023, 04:06:10 PM@sbell well I am waiting on HappyHenToys to get the Muscovy duck in the stock before completing my order. And I guess at this point I should wait for the silky shark and the gray parrot as well.

I'm really just waiting for the Everglades toob (January?) as well as the shark. Whenever it comes out.
Maybe I'll find it when I'm in Arizona in February

Shane

Unfortunately it's pretty hard to give an exact date for anything, unless it's already on a shipping container and even then, there are issues that can arise.

I'd say most of the items being discussed should hopefully arrive early Q1 2024.

bmathison1972

Safari added an axolotl to the Good Luck Minis:

https://www.safariltd.com/collections/new-releases/products/axolotl-good-luck-minis

updated pics of Therizinosaurus, too:

https://www.safariltd.com/collections/new-releases/products/therizinosaurus

not sure when I'll be able to get the first post updated, but if not today or early tomorrow then next week sometime.

Shane

Incredible Creatures Axolotl and Western Diamondback Rattlesnake are currently IN STOCK on Safari's site.

https://www.safariltd.com/products/axolotl

https://www.safariltd.com/products/western-diamondback-rattlesnake

If you are in the United States, you can get them in time for Christmas IF you order by 2 pm Eastern Time Thursday 12/14.

Saarlooswolfhound

EpicRaptorMan

I wonder if all the reveals SafariLtd had for 2023 are actually just their 2024 year and they chose to skip '23 entirely in order to catch up?

Shane

Quote from: EpicRaptorMan on December 18, 2023, 09:41:04 PMI wonder if all the reveals SafariLtd had for 2023 are actually just their 2024 year and they chose to skip '23 entirely in order to catch up?

That is not the case.

JimoAi

any idea when we shall see some 2024 releases?

Shane

Quote from: JimoAi on December 19, 2023, 01:35:09 PMany idea when we shall see some 2024 releases?

2024 items are in active development now. But nothing is finalized as far as reveals. It will most likely be like 2023, with a rolling reveal when the items are ready to be shown.

bmathison1972

Hard to imagine we'd see 2024 announcements when nearly half of the 2023 figures haven't been released yet.

Shane

Quote from: bmathison1972 on December 19, 2023, 02:50:38 PMHard to imagine we'd see 2024 announcements when nearly half of the 2023 figures haven't been released yet.

Correct. 2024 is in development, but focus is on getting the remaining 2023 items finalized and available before any 2024 public announcements.

The good news is, there are a LOT of items on track for arrival in early Jan or Feb.

Shane

(deleted - double post)