News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd. - New for 2023

Started by bmathison1972, January 27, 2023, 02:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimoAi

my wishlist for 2024: Sleeper shark, a southern stingray, Cuvier's beaked whale, any fish toob, Mosasaurus, any non dinosaur reptiles

Shane

Not sure if anyone is into Mythical Realms but Blue Phoenix is now in stock on Safari's site:

https://www.safariltd.com/products/blue-phoenix

Hoping that early next week will get an influx of new items. If there are no issues we should see Silky Shark and African Gray Parrot.

Sim

Thanks for the update @Shane!  I'm keen to get the Safari grey parrot, it's an excellent choice of species that appeals to me a lot.  I just don't know when Safari's more recent figures will be available to those of us in the UK?  I'm still waiting for the Utahraptor and emerald tree boa to become available somewhere and with a reasonable price...

Shane

New items are in stock on Safari's site:

Pug - https://www.safariltd.com/collections/new-releases/products/pug
African Grey Parrot - https://www.safariltd.com/collections/new-releases/products/african-gray-parrot
Silky Shark - https://www.safariltd.com/collections/new-releases/products/silky-shark
Purple-haired Mermaid - https://www.safariltd.com/collections/new-releases/products/purple-haired-mermaid

Unfortunately, I don't have any info about when these will be in stock on any other retailer's site, or when they will be available outside the U.S.

But they have reached the warehouse and are available to order direct from Safari.

Saarlooswolfhound

bmathison1972

Thanks, Shane! Snagged the silky shark, grey parrot, and pug!

EpicRaptorMan

Damn there goes SafariLtd again requiring a minimum $25 purchase price 🙄 looks like I'm gonna have to buy them elsewhere or wait for knock offs to be made.

Shane

Quote from: EpicRaptorMan on January 11, 2024, 08:05:22 AMDamn there goes SafariLtd again requiring a minimum $25 purchase price 🙄 looks like I'm gonna have to buy them elsewhere or wait for knock offs to be made.

This is not new and has been in place for years.

Gwangi

Imagine buying knockoffs simply because you can't meet the $25 minimum.  ::)

Do you place an order every time a figure you want is released? That might be your problem. Maybe try letting the figures you want build up a bit in order to meet that $25 minimum. I realize that might mean waiting on a figure but we're all patient adults. Right?

bmathison1972

Quote from: Gwangi on January 11, 2024, 02:52:10 PM...we're all patient adults. Right?

Um...no. LOL  :P  O:-)  ;D

But for Safari, I either let them build up to the $25 minimum or get them from HHT, whichever comes first.

stargatedalek

Meanwhile I'm over here waiting for the $200 minimum for free shipping. At this point I try to only buy ~1:1 reptiles or animal figures I intend to use for dioramas with action figures.

sbell

Quote from: stargatedalek on January 11, 2024, 05:36:43 PMMeanwhile I'm over here waiting for the $200 minimum for free shipping. At this point I try to only buy ~1:1 reptiles or animal figures I intend to use for dioramas with action figures.

Is that the Canadian minimum for free shipping? It's depressing how quickly that can be reached (toobs have gone up sooo much)

EpicRaptorMan

I thought that rule was only in place for COVID? Regardless, just one of SafariLtd's knavish business practices. Perhaps it wouldn't be so if they didn't use the same giant one-size-fits-all box for shipments of 1 item.
Quote from: Gwangi on January 11, 2024, 02:52:10 PMImagine buying knockoffs simply because you can't meet the $25 minimum.  ::)

Do you place an order every time a figure you want is released? That might be your problem. Maybe try letting the figures you want build up a bit in order to meet that $25 minimum. I realize that might mean waiting on a figure but we're all patient adults. Right?
There you go brown-nosing Safari again  O:-) what I use my money for is my business and spending more unnecessarily just to get a company to send a consumer their product is egregious. Additionally, the last time I saved up for an order items in the cart began dropping out of stock so that argument is invalid.

EpicRaptorMan

Quote from: stargatedalek on January 11, 2024, 05:36:43 PMMeanwhile I'm over here waiting for the $200 minimum for free shipping. At this point I try to only buy ~1:1 reptiles or animal figures I intend to use for dioramas with action figures.
That's truly insane. I knew it was bad but I didn't know it was that bad.
At least it's free shipping. The $25 minimum is before shipping costs.  :P

stargatedalek

Quote from: sbell on January 11, 2024, 06:58:23 PM

Is that the Canadian minimum for free shipping? It's depressing how quickly that can be reached (toobs have gone up sooo much)
It was last I checked a few months ago anyway. Since the shipping cost is so high there's no way I'd be able to order from them without getting free shipping.

Quote from: EpicRaptorMan on January 11, 2024, 07:12:26 PM
That's truly insane. I knew it was bad but I didn't know it was that bad.
At least it's free shipping. The $25 minimum is before shipping costs.  :P
Pretty sure USA gets free shipping at less than that.

Gwangi

Quote from: EpicRaptorMan on January 11, 2024, 07:11:26 PMI thought that rule was only in place for COVID? Regardless, just one of SafariLtd's knavish business practices. Perhaps it wouldn't be so if they didn't use the same giant one-size-fits-all box for shipments of 1 item.
Quote from: Gwangi on January 11, 2024, 02:52:10 PMImagine buying knockoffs simply because you can't meet the $25 minimum.  ::)

There you go brown-nosing Safari again  O:-) what I use my money for is my business and spending more unnecessarily just to get a company to send a consumer their product is egregious. Additionally, the last time I saved up for an order items in the cart began dropping out of stock so that argument is invalid.

It makes sense to have a minimum shipping fee and $25 is not that much. I don't have as much love for Safari as you assume. On the other forum I recently ranted about Safari's lackluster shipping practices myself.  But I guess you're forever haunted by the great-grey owl debacle.

Sounds like Safari isn't a company you should support anyway, your issues with them are never-ending.  ::)

Shane

Quote from: stargatedalek on January 11, 2024, 07:18:00 PMPretty sure USA gets free shipping at less than that.

You are correct, the free shipping threshold within the USA is $60.

Gwangi

Quote from: Shane on January 11, 2024, 07:40:18 PM
Quote from: stargatedalek on January 11, 2024, 07:18:00 PMPretty sure USA gets free shipping at less than that.

You are correct, the free shipping threshold within the USA is $60.

Last I knew it was $50. Guess that explains why I didn't get free shipping on my last order.

Shane

Quote from: Gwangi on January 11, 2024, 07:47:02 PMLast I knew it was $50. Guess that explains why I didn't get free shipping on my last order.

I'm not 100% sure when that changed, but I believe it was fairly recently.

The $25 order minimum has been in place for years though.