News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd. - New for 2023

Started by bmathison1972, January 27, 2023, 02:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shane

Just a heads up, some new items should be coming into stock on the Safari site in the next couple days.

Emerald Tree Boa, Type D Orca and WW Elk.

Saarlooswolfhound

Thank you Shane! I appreciate your updates. I need to wait a bit longer for my next order but its good to see the models trickle in.

Sim

I'm very happy Safari is releasing a new emerald tree boa.  I've always admired that snake, and when I was little I had a mini Safari authentics version of it which I enjoyed.  I look forward to getting this new version of it!

Oh, also, the Stegouros and Therizinosaurus are missing from the first post O:-)

bmathison1972

Quote from: Sim on September 22, 2023, 04:56:08 PMI'm very happy Safari is releasing a new emerald tree boa.  I've always admired that snake, and when I was little I had a mini Safari authentics version of it which I enjoyed.  I look forward to getting this new version of it!

Oh, also, the Stegouros and Therizinosaurus are missing from the first post O:-)

Thanks @Sim - huh, I thought I posted the Stegouros! I'll do it this weekend. I didn't post the Therizinosaurus yet because Safari doesn't have promo pics of it on their site yet.

Sim

I just noticed the emerald tree boa is in Safari's IC line which I'm getting the impression is larger figures than Wild Safari or Wild?  I've looked at the emerald tree boa's size on Safari's website and it might be too big for me...  Or I might get both it and Safari's boa constrictor.  I'll see how I feel when I get the figures I'm prioritising.

Shane

The Incredible Creatures line is indeed mostly larger scaled figures. Typically it features animals that, if scaled to a more conventional Wild Safari size, would be quite small or look out of place, or wouldn't reflect the desired level of detail due to complex patterning or coloration. So the larger size allows for more the inclusion of more detail. Reptiles, small mammals, bony fish, insects and invertebrates are the prime candidates for this collection. A shorthand I typically use for the Incredible Creatures is "Large figures of small animals". There are certainly exceptions to this rule. I don't think anyone would call an Anaconda or Boa Constrictor "small" but historically with snakes, especially those with intricate patterns, it can be quite difficult to do them justice in a more traditional Wild Safari size range.

Conversely I usually refer to Wild Wildlife as "Large figures of large animals", as most (but not all) of the animals featured in that collection tend to be larger. Both Incredible Creatures and Wild Wildlife have some crossover with the smaller sized collections in terms of species featured, but much more so in Wild Wildlife. Just about every Wild Wildlife figure has a smaller Wild Safari or North American Wildlife counterpart.

Shane

The three new items mentioned are in stock now, btw..

Sim

Thanks for the explanation of the Safari extant animal lines @Shane!  It's helpful for me as someone who doesn't know what they're like.  Do you know when Everything Dinosaur might get the Safari 2023 Utahraptor?

bmathison1972

Quote from: Shane on September 22, 2023, 07:54:12 PMThe Incredible Creatures line ... insects ... are the prime candidates for this collection.

then please let's see more of them than just the honey bee (and I'm not counting the HK figures that got rolled into IC)...  ;)  8)  :P  C:-)

Shane

Quote from: Sim on September 22, 2023, 08:45:26 PMThanks for the explanation of the Safari extant animal lines @Shane!  It's helpful for me as someone who doesn't know what they're like.  Do you know when Everything Dinosaur might get the Safari 2023 Utahraptor?

I don't have a solid answer for you unfortunately, but I think ED is active on the DTF so you might be able to ask them there?

If I were to guess, I'd say soon, since they are up to date with most of the other recent Prehistoric World offerings.

Sim

Shane

Quote from: bmathison1972 on September 22, 2023, 08:55:55 PM
Quote from: Shane on September 22, 2023, 07:54:12 PMThe Incredible Creatures line ... insects ... are the prime candidates for this collection.

then please let's see more of them than just the honey bee (and I'm not counting the HK figures that got rolled into IC)...  ;)  8)  :P  C:-)

Your suggestions have been duly noted ;)

Fembrogon

I just recieved a promotional email from Safari Ltd. advertising 40% off discontinued sea life figures - featuring most of the Monterey Bay Aquarium collection.
In case there was any question about this series officially ending soon, there you go.  :-\

Shane

I know it's not a "real" animal, but just wanted to give a heads up that the Basilisk is now in stock on Safari's site:

https://www.safariltd.com/products/basilisk

It's a very well done figure with lots of impressive detail. Very pleased with how it came out.

SerAndrew

Any chance the new releases will be prioritized and be in stock in Safari eBay shop soon?
Btw, I lost the link of the Safari eBay shop...

Shane

https://www.ebay.com/str/officialsafariltd < - this is the official eBay store.

Unfortunately it looks like it's still limited to TOOBS.

I can't speak much to what's going on with it because I'm not directly involved, but I know at some point the listings were all removed by eBay and the store had to be built back from scratch.

More listings are being worked on, but due to limitations placed by eBay it's a slow process to build it back.

The good news it is being worked on, but unfortunately I can't speak to how long it will take to get the majority of items back up for sale.

Sim

I received the Safari IC anaconda today and I'm impressed by it!  I definitely intend to get the new Safari emerald tree boa now, it's one of my favourite snake species and after experiencing the good quality of the Safari anaconda I'm keen to have the emerald tree boa too!  It just needs to be available to ship to the UK now, since Safari's website doesn't ship to the UK...

bmathison1972

@Shane - on the Safari site, the Everglades TOOB is gone, even as a 'Coming Soon'. I hope this is a glitch and not a substantial delay? I understand if  you can't divulge too much information.

Shane

Quote from: bmathison1972 on October 09, 2023, 09:43:20 PM@Shane - on the Safari site, the Everglades TOOB is gone, even as a 'Coming Soon'. I hope this is a glitch and not a substantial delay? I understand if  you can't divulge too much information.

The page was inadvertently set to "draft" form in a bulk update. It's been set back to "active". Just a glitch. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Sim

I've been reading about grey parrots today and I am very impressed by their intelligence and nature.  They make me want to have a figure of the species, so I'm happy Safari is releasing one which I would like to get!  Safari's lineup of 2023 figures is excellent in my opinion, the strongest for them and out of any animal figure company's.