News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd. - New for 2023

Started by bmathison1972, January 27, 2023, 02:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EpicRaptorMan

Quote from: JimoAi on August 03, 2023, 01:37:44 PMtbh safari could just upscale the croc and gator to the standard size range and call them new releases since they're THAT good
they could and should be doing that with more of their TOOBs imo

stargatedalek

All must-have toobs this year, very great species choices.

Dusty Wren

I am over the moon that we're getting a Doug Watson elk from Safari. I've got the Wild Wildlife whitetail buck and it's a phenomenal figure. Looking forward to finally having a good elk for my collection.

I hold out hope that one day we'll get a mule deer, too.

Saarlooswolfhound

I would LOVE a mulie. I have 2 models but neither one truly do it justice... mule deer have been on my wishlist for Safari for over a decade now. Maybe someday...

SerAndrew

JimoAi

Quote from: SerAndrew on August 06, 2023, 06:23:35 PMNo teaser today?
it's still Sunday so likely at night or on monday

Saarlooswolfhound

Can't link the picture yet but theres a new teaser! Dinosaur(?), fantasy (?), Bobtail cat, and a mermaid are my guesses.
https://m.facebook.com/safariltd

BlueKrono

That Kentrosaurus looks like a beautiful color scheme.
I like turtles.

SerAndrew

I think there're only three, the dino, the mermaid and a pug.

Nothing for me

EpicRaptorMan

Whatever the bobtailed animal is it is certain to be a domestic/pet.

Nothing interesting to me.

JimoAi

my guesses: Kentrosaurus (new species for safari and hope it's a Doug Watson sculpt), pug?, mermaid?.

Same, not for me but I'm sure it would have it's fans. IG there's 1_2 more weeks of reveals and that's it for this year?

bmathison1972

Yeah, all I can come up with is a stegosaur (hoping Kentrosaurus), mermaid, and a domestic dog (or cat). If the red things are another figure, likely fantasy, I have no idea.

Saarlooswolfhound

I am nearly 100% convinced that the domestic  release shown here is a Japanese bobtail cat. Its definitely not a curled tail dog, it could possibly be something like an Ovcharka but thats very unlikely.

As a collector of domestics, this is an exciting release for me. I am very curious about the red tentacle thing...

bmathison1972

A Japanese Bobtail would be interesting (especially since their last dog was Japanese also...). Kaiyodo made Japanese Bobtails for both the old Chocoegg Amazing Animals collection as well as (I think) I recent Capsule Q Museum collection.

Oh...and I am starting to wonder if the red is the 'hair' of whatever has the green fish tail...

Shane

Quote from: bmathison1972 on August 08, 2023, 07:39:04 PMOh...and I am starting to wonder if the red is the 'hair' of whatever has the green fish tail...

Not...quite. But VERY close.

bmathison1972

Ah, it was a pug! That was my initial thought but I wasn't sure (to me the sculpting of the fur looked more dog-like than cat-like). They teased us with an angle of the tail that didn't make it look curled!

It is going on my 'to purchase' list!!!!!

Saarlooswolfhound

The color threw me off too, and I agree the pug must have been tilted to prevent us seeing the height of the arched tail and the curve to it. Little disappointed as a bobtail cat would've been great, but I am happy for more domestic releases!

stargatedalek

I thought it was a shiba for sure with that angle, sneaky! Hehe