News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd. - New for 2023

Started by bmathison1972, January 27, 2023, 02:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EpicRaptorMan

Parrot looks good. Friend used to have one as a pet. Was kinda smart although had a greater latent potential.

JimoAi

just realised that the last 3 sharks including the silky shark that safat has produced starts with the letter S

Sand tiger, Salmon and Silky.

will 2024 continue this trend?

JimoAi

new teasers and my guesses

Axolotl

Elk

From the Toob I've seen a crocodilian, Manatee, 2 birds, a fish  (likely a gar), a few more reptiles and maybe a large mammal

I assume it's an Everglades toob

SerAndrew

I guess nothing for me this week!

bmathison1972

Given Safar's recent TOOB themes, I have been quietly predicting an Everglades TOOB!  Looks like at least three fish and a turtle that could be interesting!

Gwangi

Good guesses @JimoAi, I agree with them. I think the turtle in the TOOB is a Florida softshell. The mammal might be a black bear.

bmathison1972

Looks like 6 of the tails are reptilian or fish, not including the turtle.
Maybe something adventive like a tegu?
Would love a purple gallinule but not sure I see evidence of it in this pic.

JimoAi

Quote from: bmathison1972 on July 31, 2023, 01:23:02 PMLooks like 6 of the tails are reptilian or fish, not including the turtle.
Maybe something adventive like a tegu?
Would love a purple gallinule but not sure I see evidence of it in this pic.

I have doubts bout a tegu considering it's invasive

JimoAi

what I predict from left to right

American alligator, manatee (no question), a bird, a fish, likely alligator gar , river otter, Cougar,softshell turtle,maybe an American crocodile?, black bear and maybe and hopefully an Atlantic stingray?

bmathison1972

Quote from: JimoAi on July 31, 2023, 01:38:03 PMwhat I predict from left to right

American alligator, manatee (no question), a bird, a fish, likely alligator gar , river otter, Cougar,softshell turtle,maybe an American crocodile?, black bear and maybe and hopefully an Atlantic stingray?

Ahhhh! I was misinterpreting a couple things. Yes, I think the Florida panther is correct (and a logical choice); the hind leg which is visible looked like an extension like a fin to me. Same with the otter; a glare looked like a small fin. If the otter is correct, depending on its size I might use it to replace their very large NAW version.

And the bird could be a purple gallinule (which I have seen in the Everglades personally) and that part of what we are seeing is a base!

Shane

Quote from: bmathison1972 on July 31, 2023, 01:23:02 PMLooks like 6 of the tails are reptilian or fish, not including the turtle.

Looks can be deceiving!

SerAndrew

So, with this we have three weeks of reveals. Can we know how many more weeks will have new announcements?

Shane

Quote from: SerAndrew on July 31, 2023, 01:59:21 PMSo, with this we have three weeks of reveals. Can we know how many more weeks will have new announcements?

There will be reveals for the next two or three weeks, and then that will probably be the final announcements for 2023.

sbell

Quote from: JimoAi on July 30, 2023, 07:10:49 AMjust realised that the last 3 sharks including the silky shark that safat has produced starts with the letter S

Sand tiger, Salmon and Silky.

will 2024 continue this trend?

Will David Schiffman get his Sandbar shark?
If so... they'd better get it perfect.

Saarlooswolfhound

Very exciting! I could be wrong because their elk is several years old at this point (2013) but it's possible it is a WW release. If it is part of the standard series, I wish it were a cow and calf but I will welcome any Rocky Mountain elk model. And an everglades/Florida wildlife toob is indeed exciting! If that is indeed an axolotl I really will need 3... I have a nephew and a niece obsessed with them. :D

Shane

Quote from: Saarlooswolfhound on July 31, 2023, 02:26:19 PMVery exciting! I could be wrong because their elk is several years old at this point (2013) but it's possible it is a WW release. If it is part of the standard series, I wish it were a cow and calf but I will welcome any Rocky Mountain elk model. And an everglades/Florida wildlife toob is indeed exciting! If that is indeed an axolotl I really will need 3... I have a nephew and a niece obsessed with them. :D

The original tease specified that it is indeed a Wild Wildlife, so this will be a big guy.

bmathison1972

Quote from: Shane on July 31, 2023, 02:33:23 PM
Quote from: Saarlooswolfhound on July 31, 2023, 02:26:19 PMVery exciting! I could be wrong because their elk is several years old at this point (2013) but it's possible it is a WW release. If it is part of the standard series, I wish it were a cow and calf but I will welcome any Rocky Mountain elk model. And an everglades/Florida wildlife toob is indeed exciting! If that is indeed an axolotl I really will need 3... I have a nephew and a niece obsessed with them. :D

The original tease specified that it is indeed a Wild Wildlife, so this will be a big guy.

Good as I am not ready to replace my Safari NAW elk :-)

JimoAi

Shane