News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd. - New for 2023

Started by bmathison1972, January 27, 2023, 02:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmathison1972

I think the axolotl will be a very popular sell!

JimoAi

also is this the first time that safari uses transparent plastic for their figures? would be great if safari used it for some of their rayfin fishes in the future.

Shane

Quote from: JimoAi on July 31, 2023, 04:53:28 PMalso is this the first time that safari uses transparent plastic for their figures? would be great if safari used it for some of their rayfin fishes in the future.

It's been used in the past, but mostly only on Mythical Realms and Dragons figures.

Gwangi

The reef squid uses transparent plastic too.

Shane

Quote from: Gwangi on July 31, 2023, 05:16:22 PMThe reef squid uses transparent plastic too.

Reef squid is a good example.

Also the flying fish has transparent plastic used on its fins.

NSD Bashe

some of the deep sea fish Toob figures also have transparent plastic, and at least one of their jellyfish

also nice axolotl, I'm slightly surprised they haven't done one before
- I guess they've done mudpuppies and an olm, just not the axolotl per se

BlueKrono

I hope third tail from the right is a snapping turtle.  8)

I'm quite excited for the axolotl. They've become massively popular with the Gen Z crowd thanks to their inclusion in the popular game Minecraft. I even own three Minecraft axolotl Lego pieces and the Minecraft axolotl super soaker. 🙃 I visited the Kansas City Zoo two months ago and they told me axolotl stuff sells so quickly they can hardly keep it in stock. Zoos often stock Safari, so this release is going to be a boon for both.
I like turtles.

Gwangi

Yeah, it's about time Safari jumped on the axolotl bandwagon. I've been watching them increase in popularity for several years now and was wondering when Safari would take advantage of it. I'm sure the Safari one will be a big seller. I'm definitely going to get it although I would have preferred a wild-type coloration.

JimoAi

Quote from: Gwangi on August 01, 2023, 01:54:51 AMYeah, it's about time Safari jumped on the axolotl bandwagon. I've been watching them increase in popularity for several years now and was wondering when Safari would take advantage of it. I'm sure the Safari one will be a big seller. I'm definitely going to get it although I would have preferred a wild-type coloration.

and they would have a blast repainting into the different morphs and still make alot of moolah

sbell

Quote from: Gwangi on August 01, 2023, 01:54:51 AMYeah, it's about time Safari jumped on the axolotl bandwagon. I've been watching them increase in popularity for several years now and was wondering when Safari would take advantage of it. I'm sure the Safari one will be a big seller. I'm definitely going to get it although I would have preferred a wild-type coloration.
Quote from: BlueKrono on August 01, 2023, 01:28:06 AMI hope third tail from the right is a snapping turtle.  8)

I'm quite excited for the axolotl. They've become massively popular with the Gen Z crowd thanks to their inclusion in the popular game Minecraft. I even own three Minecraft axolotl Lego pieces and the Minecraft axolotl super soaker. 🙃 I visited the Kansas City Zoo two months ago and they told me axolotl stuff sells so quickly they can hardly keep it in stock. Zoos often stock Safari, so this release is going to be a boon for both.

If the internet is our guide we should be seeing capybara soon. It would go well with the caiman.

EpicRaptorMan

I'm interested in the elk. But didn't they just release one a few years back?

I wasn't the biggest fan of its size, posture, or paint so if it is a new elk I'd like to see a better one.

JimoAi

final prediction for the toob:

american alligator, manatee, purple gallinule, alligator gar, river otter, cougar, softshell turtle, snapping turtle, black bear and stingray hopefully

please please please have the last figure be a Stingray of somesorts.

JimoAi

also here's some of my wants for safari ltd for this year for the unrevealed figures.

prehistoric life:

An updated tyrannosaurus rex

gallimimus

Incredible creatures

Moorish idol

edible crab

wild safari sea life

leopard whipray

giant Guitarfish

Risso's dolphin

electric eel

Napoleon wrasse-

toobs:

shallow seas Toob: Sea sponge, sea star, Octopus, crab, pufferfish, sea anemone, jellyfish, sea otter, sea cucumber, lobster

pterosaurs Toob: Pteranodon, nyctosaurus, Quetzalcoatlus, agnuronathus, dimorphodon, pterodostro, dsungerypteris,rhamphorynchus

Shane

It's always nice to have a figure that lends itself to organic repaints.

But of course, it all depends on how well this initial release does. The response has been really positive so far; hopefully sales will reflect that.

bmathison1972

that doesn't seem incredibly large for a WW figure! Still, not ready to replace my 2013 Safari NAW figure :)

Shane

Quote from: bmathison1972 on August 01, 2023, 03:47:13 PMthat doesn't seem incredibly large for a WW figure! Still, not ready to replace my 2013 Safari NAW figure :)

It's similar in size/proportion to the WW Moose figure. That one is a bit longer overall but mainly due to the extended rear leg.

Saarlooswolfhound

That is a lovely elk bull. My only critique is that the antlers seem thin overall, they should be a bit thicker in the main beam and at the base of each tine. BUT he is handsome for sure!

JimoAi

I guess the toob will be revealed tomorrow :D

Shane

Quote from: JimoAi on August 01, 2023, 04:50:47 PMI guess the toob will be revealed tomorrow :D

Correct.

It's been interesting seeing the guesses here, some close, others not so close. All will be revealed tomorrow.

This one is near and dear to me, I hope everyone is excited to see it.