News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd. - New for 2023

Started by bmathison1972, January 27, 2023, 02:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shane

Quote from: JimoAi on July 25, 2023, 03:04:09 PMI assume the figures would be revealed on Thursday and Friday like last week

A safe bet.

Saarlooswolfhound

Quote from: BlueKrono on July 25, 2023, 06:47:29 AM
Quote from: Saarlooswolfhound on July 25, 2023, 05:10:26 AMI too have a lot of sharkz
s. For me, some brands are well known for their big cats, cattle, horses, sculpts etc. but I appreciate that Safari has singlehandedly chosen to represent the shark family. Its great PR for this group, educating the upcoming generation, and with the modern culture of Discovery's Shark Week, NatGeoWild's Shark Fest, and other piggybacking tv programs it helps the brand's bottom line. I'm happy with that. :)

And IC cookie cutter would be superb.

A lemon shark was my most wanted shark species for most of my life, until Safari came through bigtime in 2018. Now it's the cookiecutter.

I think a standard sized frilled shark is my dream model. But other deep ocean sharks lile chimaeras, cookiecutters, etc. as well as the lesser known reef species like tge epaulettes are welcome too.

BlueKrono

Quote from: Saarlooswolfhound on July 25, 2023, 05:10:19 PM
Quote from: Saarlooswolfhound on July 25, 2023, 05:10:26 AMI too have a lot of sharkz
s. For me, some brands are well known for their big cats, cattle, horses, sculpts etc. but I appreciate that Safari has singlehandedly chosen to represent the shark family. Its great PR for this group, educating the upcoming generation, and with the modern culture of Discovery's Shark Week, NatGeoWild's Shark Fest, and other piggybacking tv programs it helps the brand's bottom line. I'm happy with that. :)

A lemon shark was my most wanted shark species for most of my life, until Safari came through bigtime in 2018. Now it's the cookiecutter.

I think a standard sized frilled shark is my dream model. But other deep ocean sharks lile chimaeras, cookiecutters, etc. as well as the lesser known reef species like tge epaulettes are welcome too.

I got the Discovery Science one a couple years ago. It's a good size, but the detail is not up to Safari's standards. I'd certainly buy one if they made one.

https://toyanimalwiki.mywikis.wiki/wiki/Discovery_science_Frilled_shark
I like turtles.

EpicRaptorMan

Quote from: EpicRaptorMan on July 25, 2023, 04:36:26 AMWould like a Japanese Bullhead, cookiecutter or an Epaulette...but guess not this year.

I would also like to include: Bronze whalers, sixgill, Greenland shark, & smoothhound.
Sharks are cool but I would like to see some more reef fish get love. Whatever the case is I likely will be getting this new shark so long is isnt blatantly inaccurate or overly large.

EpicRaptorMan

Quote from: BlueKrono on July 25, 2023, 07:17:51 PM

I got the Discovery Science one a couple years ago. It's a good size, but the detail is not up to Safari's standards. I'd certainly buy one if they made one.

I got this one recently. It has good detail and the size is acceptable. It comes with a keychain unfortunately, but that can easily be unscrewed.

SerAndrew

Bronze whaler is a fan favourite for me since I've swan with them in South Africa

And Greenland shark would be great

Alopias superciliosus

Quote from: EpicRaptorMan on July 25, 2023, 07:26:54 PM
Quote from: BlueKrono on July 25, 2023, 07:17:51 PM

I got this one recently. It has good detail and the size is acceptable. It comes with a keychain unfortunately, but that can easily be unscrewed.

That's the frilled I went with, would also recommend, excellent and not too small compared to Safari sharks!

Alopias superciliosus

Quote from: SerAndrew on July 25, 2023, 07:44:15 PMBronze whaler is a fan favourite for me since I've swan with them in South Africa

That's so incredible you've swam with them, that species is on my bucket list for sure! The Bronze Whaler (under one of its many other common names, the Copper Shark) has been made by two different Japanese companies as capsule figures; excellent detail though lacking in size.

And as for a Greenland Shark, I want a detailed one so bad!! But until then, I'll have to be content with the figure I have- who will be making it's debut on the Animal Toy Blog review page shortly  ;)

Gwangi

Wow, those bots are getting harder to identify.

A Greenland shark is my #1 most wanted shark, and a favorite species of mine. But the list of sharks I want is a long one. PortJackson shark, zebra bullhead, epaulette, cookiecutter, six and seven-gills, sandbar, winghead, sawshark, bramble shark, dwarf lantern, any wobbegong (trying to track down Schleich's), porbeagle, longfin mako, and the list goes on. And I would also like a copper shark (bronze whaler), because it has a cool name. Both its names are cool, actually.

sbell

Quote from: Alopias superciliosus on July 25, 2023, 07:54:27 PM
Quote from: SerAndrew on July 25, 2023, 07:44:15 PMBronze whaler is a fan favourite for me since I've swan with them in South Africa

That's so incredible you've swam with them, that species is on my bucket list for sure! The Bronze Whaler (under one of its many other common names, the Copper Shark) has been made by two different Japanese companies as capsule figures; excellent detail though lacking in size.

And as for a Greenland Shark, I want a detailed one so bad!! But until then, I'll have to be content with the figure I have- who will be making it's debut on the Animal Toy Blog review page shortly  ;)

I am only aware of one Greenland shark, from Neko Works, so I'm curious to learn of another.

I have a good assortment of sharks --varying quality of course. Lots of Japanese ones of course.
I'll admit I've stopped with frilled sharks unless I really love them... I have so many now!

EpicRaptorMan

I personally like the bronze whaler just because of its slightly unique coloration. I feel like it would fit well with the Lemon shark

sbell

Quote from: EpicRaptorMan on July 26, 2023, 04:07:37 AMI personally like the bronze whaler just because of its slightly unique coloration. I feel like it would fit well with the Lemon shark

The funny thing is how many of these species are made by Kaiyodo for bottlecaps. I'd be perfectly happy with a wide assortment in a similar small size... I can fit more!

bmathison1972

Quote from: EpicRaptorMan on July 25, 2023, 07:26:54 PMI got this one recently. It has good detail and the size is acceptable. It comes with a keychain unfortunately, but that can easily be unscrewed.

That's the Ikimon figure. Generally regarded as 'the best' but at this point probably one of the hardest to find and most expensive. NTC figures don't last long and become expensive when retired.

JimoAi

Quote from: bmathison1972 on July 26, 2023, 02:40:47 PM
Quote from: EpicRaptorMan on July 25, 2023, 07:26:54 PMI got this one recently. It has good detail and the size is acceptable. It comes with a keychain unfortunately, but that can easily be unscrewed.

That's the Ikimon figure. Generally regarded as 'the best' but at this point probably one of the hardest to find and most expensive. NTC figures don't last long and become expensive when retired.

That set is getting rereleased this year and I do see the frilled shark pop up as a low as 2 USD numerous times

bmathison1972

Quote from: JimoAi on July 26, 2023, 02:48:09 PM
Quote from: bmathison1972 on July 26, 2023, 02:40:47 PM

That set is getting rereleased this year and I do see the frilled shark pop up as a low as 2 USD numerous times

I only check eBay, where it us unlikely to be under $20 USD, but I suppose there are cheaper options on the Japanese sites (?)

great news on the re-release of this set, BTW!

SerAndrew

Standard size silky shark was announced on IG

Don't have any shark space, but I'll get this one

sbell

Quote from: SerAndrew on July 27, 2023, 01:11:18 PMStandard size silky shark was announced on IG

Don't have any shark space, but I'll get this one

Just saw that! We were right!

bmathison1972

I saw it on their website, I'll update the first post when I can. I'm getting it for sure!

Shane

Gwangi

Always thrilled about new shark figures, especially of species I don't have. Definitely a must buy. Thanks to Safari and CollectA it has been a good year for sharks!