News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd - New for 2022

Started by bmathison1972, January 17, 2022, 10:34:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fembrogon

I haven't collected cetaceans before, but I do think that minke whale looks very nice.
I also saw a Facebook post from Safari today which appeared to be teasing a dog of some kind.

bmathison1972

yes, perhaps a Shiba inu:

from Safari:
I spy with my little eye...a new 2022 floof coming soon! It is BARKtastic!

bmathison1972

Yup:

Also, updated first post and removed anything that has not been formally announced

bmathison1972

I always wanted this breed, because the Japanese companies make them with frequency (yet, I didn't want a gashapon-style dog). For now, this one is a 'maybe'. I may wait to see if anyone who buys it can post a side-by-side with the Kitan Club Nature of Japan figure.

JimoAi

Much wow! Also in b4 someone brings the meme up  Original_Doge_meme.jpg
Prehistoric reveals next Monday :D

Gecko08

Safari has been doing a good job with these new models, but i side with a lot of people when I say I'd rather the pictures be shared near the end of last year, instead of this PNSO style reveal.

JimoAi

Safari could be teasing the salmon shark  Screenshot_20220427_203042.jpg     

Gwangi

That is definitely the salmon shark.  ;D

bmathison1972

stargatedalek

Is that a third koi colourscheme?

bmathison1972

Quote from: stargatedalek on April 27, 2022, 06:19:56 PM

it's probably just a marketing prop to highlight the shark; don't expect it to be a new release (and why put a freshwater fish in a scene with a shark...)

Gwangi

Quote from: bmathison1972 on April 27, 2022, 06:50:27 PM
Quote from: stargatedalek on April 27, 2022, 06:19:56 PM

it's probably just a marketing prop to highlight the shark; don't expect it to be a new release (and why put a freshwater fish in a scene with a shark...)

I was wondering why they didn't just use a salmon but that would have probably been too obvious.

JimoAi

IMG_20220428_203209.jpg the little salmon shark. Pose looks like the Colorata great white though but still neat lil guy O:-)

Gwangi

It's great to finally have a salmon shark available. I never thought I would see the day. I might get two and modify one into a porbeagle.

bmathison1972

Quote from: Gwangi on April 28, 2022, 02:13:37 PM
It's great to finally have a salmon shark available. I never thought I would see the day. I might get two and modify one into a porbeagle.

Thanks all; I'll update the first post when a traditional promo pic becomes available.

This shark is a must-have!

JimoAi

At least the tail keel is better than the great white and mako

Shane

https://www.safariltd.com/products/salmon-shark-sea-life-toy-figure

Glad to see the positive response to this one.

bmathison1972

Quote from: Shane on April 28, 2022, 03:41:16 PM
https://www.safariltd.com/products/salmon-shark-sea-life-toy-figure

Glad to see the positive response to this one.

Thanks @Shane - you will probably find this to be one of the most popular 2023 figures.

I updated the first post and replaced some of the others with traditional promo pics.

JimoAi

From the inhand images, the preduncle keel is there! Big improvement over the old lamnids Screenshot_20220428_235725.jpg