News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

CollectA - New for 2022

Started by bmathison1972, November 05, 2021, 11:09:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmathison1972

I do like that Schleich (at least older Schleich) makes smaller animals small (brown rat, eastern chipmunk, striped skunk, etc.)

Arctinus

Quote from: EpicRaptorMan on November 19, 2021, 09:05:58 PM
I started off collecting Schleich decade+ ago and I was uninterested in anything but Schleich but recently I started getting back into collecting and have broaded to accept Papo, CollectA, Mojo, and Safari Ltd so long as the figures look good and are somewhat proportionatly sized.

As far as snakes go I have Schleich Anaconda and Cobra plus Mojo Rattlesnake.

I used to collect Schleich only, too, when I started, but mainly because it was (and still is) the only available brand in physical shops (the only other available being Papo, but mostly dinosaurs, and a few Collecta figures in local online shops).

Though I have the Schleich anaconda and rattlesnake and Mojo cobra and coral snake. :D

I thought of getting the Collecta anaconda, but I like the current Schleich one that I have, though I'll definitely get the tree python.

Quote from: bmathison1972 on November 19, 2021, 10:17:54 PM
I do like that Schleich (at least older Schleich) makes smaller animals small (brown rat, eastern chipmunk, striped skunk, etc.)

Yeah, it does make it all more realistic, but I'm not bothered by this so much when it comes to small animals, such as insects, fish, reptiles etc.

It does bother me a bit, though, if I have Collecta's ungulates on a shelf mixed with a couple of Papo's enormous specimens, for example.  ::)
Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened.

~Anatole France

suspsy

I predict that CollectA's 2023 assortment will include a baby African elephant. But as I've noted before, they really need to replace their Asian elephant(s) as well.

Arctinus

A whole set of elephants would be nice. By that I mean I wouldn't resist buying them if they looked as nice as their new male African elephant.  :))

~Anatole France

EpicRaptorMan

I feel like I'm the only one tired of seeing elephants :0
Like, they're cool and all but I feel like there's already an abundance of them by multiple brands. But I see why they make so many since that's what sells. 🤷‍♂️

Arctinus

Quote from: EpicRaptorMan on November 21, 2021, 05:29:58 PM
Like, they're cool and all but I feel like there's already an abundance of them by multiple brands. But I see why they make so many since that's what sells. 🤷‍♂️

Personally, I'm still excited for new elephants because I'm still looking for the "perfect" ones. And the new Collecta male African elephant looks to be good enough to replace my Schleich male African elephant. I don't like the Papo or Safari ones.  :P

~Anatole France

suspsy

As I've said before, somebody needs to make an African forest elephant.

Gwangi

Quote from: EpicRaptorMan on November 21, 2021, 05:29:58 PM

You're not the only one. Although I'm still on the lookout and need to get good representatives of most of the charismatic megafauna I am also generally bored by their frequent releases. Frankly I find all of CollectA's 2022 extant animal releases kind of boring and expected. Papo's lineup is far more interesting because you're getting a more diverse range of animals that you seldom see. Even the iguana is kind of boring, although I do like it, why no rock or spiny tail iguana?

bmathison1972

The remaining figures are posted. Here is my 2022 CollectA anticipated purchases:

YES:
green iguana, Iguana iguana (replaces my Wild Safari figure)
Paraceratherium
Smok wawelski
green tree python, Morelia viridis
MAYBE:
African elephant (maybe, but possibly not)
American bison (maybe, but probably not)
anglerfish (depending on species and size)

JimoAi

Quote from: bmathison1972 on November 26, 2021, 12:24:48 PM
The remaining figures are posted. Here is my 2022 CollectA anticipated purchases:

YES:
green iguana, Iguana iguana (replaces my Wild Safari figure)
Paraceratherium
Smok wawelski
green tree python, Morelia viridis
MAYBE:
African elephant (maybe, but possibly not)
American bison (maybe, but probably not)
anglerfish (depending on species and size)
@bmathison1972  Screenshot_20211126_203331.jpg  Screenshot_20211126_203334.jpg

JimoAi

Anglerfish looks to be a football fish

bmathison1972

Quote from: JimoAi on November 26, 2021, 12:36:31 PM

EDIT: nevermind, I misread your ID :)

@JimoAi - do you suggest a specific genus and species?

bmathison1972

Quote from: bmathison1972 on November 26, 2021, 12:39:17 PM
Quote from: JimoAi on November 26, 2021, 12:36:31 PM

EDIT: nevermind, I misread your ID :)

@JimoAi - do you suggest a specific genus and species?

I think it's Melanocetus johnsonii....and look, it has a parasitic male!!!! I probably will get this to replace the Safari TOOB figure, assuming it's not too big

Gwangi

I'm in love with both the bison and anglerfish, I'll end up getting them both. I love that there's a male anglerfish attached.

Arctinus

I'll be getting both, the American bison and the anglerfish.  ;D

~Anatole France

BlueKrono

That's gotta be about the best anglerfish ever made. Will definitely be buying that one.
I like turtles.

sirenia

Gotta say, kinda interested in the mini tube.

EpicRaptorMan

Such a cool Angler but they list as XL size. Little over 5in in length.

Arctinus

Quote from: EpicRaptorMan on November 26, 2021, 07:14:51 PM

Yeah, I see now that it says 12.8 cm. That's huge! :o And it makes me a bit sad because now I might not get it for my collection. But I guess I'll wait and see for user pics.

~Anatole France

bmathison1972

Quote from: Arctinus on November 26, 2021, 07:21:40 PM
Quote from: EpicRaptorMan on November 26, 2021, 07:14:51 PM

Yeah, I see now that it says 12.8 cm. That's huge! :o And it makes me a bit sad because now I might not get it for my collection. But I guess I'll wait and see for user pics.

Yeah, it's pretty much off my wishlist, too