News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

CollectA - New for 2022

Started by bmathison1972, November 05, 2021, 11:09:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EpicRaptorMan

If that angler was like 3in in length max then heck yeah...
...but yeah, this thing is bigger than my Cape Buffalo 😂

suspsy

That anglerfish is spectacular. Now I want CollectA to make more deep sea fish. Gulper eel, black swallower, viperfish, the whole lot.

stargatedalek

Life sized anglerfish, very interesting.

EpicRaptorMan

Is this all for CollectA 2022? Or are we gonna have another week of reveals?

bmathison1972

Quote from: EpicRaptorMan on November 27, 2021, 02:12:20 AM

Nope, fourth and last, per usual

EpicRaptorMan

Quote from: bmathison1972 on November 27, 2021, 02:13:37 AM
Quote from: EpicRaptorMan on November 27, 2021, 02:12:20 AM

Nope, fourth and last, per usual
Unfortunate.
Only "interested" in the penguin chicks. The boa, iguana, and anglerfish were promising but the sizes are an overall turnoff.

Stuckasaurus

Quote from: bmathison1972 on November 05, 2021, 11:09:59 AM

Mini Reptiles and Amphibians:

Oooooh, I like that set! I mean, a "toob" type set with a Galapagos Tortoise that ACTUALLY LOOKS LIKE A GALAPAGOS TORTOISE?!? Worth it for that alone. I was disappointed that the one in the Safari Galapagos set looks more like a generic smaller species.

It's also fun to see three Australian agamids in the same set.

EpicRaptorMan

I like the "toob" Darwin frog and thorny devil. They're inherently smaller so it works for me.

Just not sure if that is justifies getting it. May just turn around and sell/donate the rest.

bmathison1972

yeah the only thing I might want because of size is the chameleon, but I doubt anyone who buys this tube will part with it LOL

Isidro

Calculating the probable size of each figure in the tube given the usual size of toob figurines and the comparison of the figures seen inside the tube in the pic extrapolating the tube size, I conclude that probably the frilled lizard, bearded dragon and thorny devil will be too big for me (and obviously the amphibians will be too), so I may be only (little) interested in anaconda and Komodo dragon (for customize both as a smaller species of boa and monitor).

stargatedalek

Quote from: bmathison1972 on November 27, 2021, 05:15:22 PM
yeah the only thing I might want because of size is the chameleon, but I doubt anyone who buys this tube will part with it LOL
Actually, I will be getting multiple of it because I'm going to want multiple little bearded dragons. And I likely would pass on having multiples fo the chameleon.

bmathison1972

Quote from: stargatedalek on November 27, 2021, 07:42:04 PM
Quote from: bmathison1972 on November 27, 2021, 05:15:22 PM
Actually, I will be getting multiple of it because I'm going to want multiple little bearded dragons. And I likely would pass on having multiples fo the chameleon.

Let me know if you do; I'll happily buy one from you (or trade if I have anything extra of interest, which I bet I do)

Lanthanotus

The adult Emperor Pengiun is surprisingly a bit of a let down, chicks are nice though. The reptiles on the other hand are stunning. The tail of th iguana sure is much too short, but the detailing looks fabulous.

OkapiBoy

😩 I miss those years when CollectA made at the very least one awesome antelope or exotic deer! It's kinda shocking to see how many horses there are!
I hope 2023 will be a bit more back to normal in their extant animals.

EpicRaptorMan

Quote from: OkapiBoy on November 29, 2021, 02:52:23 AM
😩 I miss those years when CollectA made at the very least one awesome antelope or exotic deer! It's kinda shocking to see how many horses there are!
I checked CollectA's Instagram account and the posts where they unveiled the new figures it seemed the horses received significantly more "likes" than the other figures...
...so it appears that horses are mainly what sells. Which I don't understand.

Arctinus

Quote from: EpicRaptorMan on November 29, 2021, 03:00:58 AM
Quote from: OkapiBoy on November 29, 2021, 02:52:23 AM
I checked CollectA's Instagram account and the posts where they unveiled the new figures it seemed the horses received significantly more "likes" than the other figures...
...so it appears that horses are mainly what sells. Which I don't understand.

Which is interesting, since, on Facebook, the extant animals have much more likes on average than the horses or even prehistoric fauna. The African elephant has the most likes (105 + 88), followed by the iguana (122 + 61) and then the green tree python (109 + 101). The most liked horse is the Arabian mare (97 + 78) followed by Hanoverian stallion (96 + 76).
Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened.

~Anatole France

EpicRaptorMan

@Arctinus interesting. I'm looking at CollectA Instagram right now and this is the current likes... (based off of the first unveiling posts)

American Bison: 438
Anglerfish: 411
Triceratops: 348
Edmontosaurus: 277
African Elephant: 352
Green Iguana: 343
Green Tree Python: 377
Total: 2,546

Arabian Stallion Dapple Grey: 600
Yakutian Stallion Grey: 744
Oryol Mare Dark Grey: 605
Hanoverian Stallion Dapple Grey: 939
Appaloosa Stallion Bay: 819
American Saddlebred Stallion: 498
Arabian Mare Liver Chestnut: 757
Total: 4,962

Guess ppl really like their horses :/

bmathison1972

Horse collectors are their own community. Horses are very very popular as collectors items

EpicRaptorMan

Yeah I could tell ever major brand has some significant amount of horse figures.

The closest i got to that was Schleich's old Prezwalkski's Wild Horse and CollectA's African Wild Ass. 🤣

bmathison1972

Quote from: EpicRaptorMan on November 29, 2021, 04:01:41 PM
Yeah I could tell ever major brand has some significant amount of horse figures.

The closest i got to that was Schleich's old Prezwalkski's Wild Horse and CollectA's African Wild Ass. 🤣

I have a few; only two 'domestic' varieties: The 2021 CollectA Mongolian (since it's an ancient breed) and the recent Mojo Thoroughbred (since that figure is to me, the quintessential domestic horse). I also have the Safari Prezwalkski's and various other wild species of Equidae.