News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

CollectA - New for 2022

Started by bmathison1972, November 05, 2021, 11:09:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arctinus

I guess the elephant and the bison will replace their current ones. I just hope both are better. :)
Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened.

~Anatole France

Gwangi

Curious to see what's in the reptile and amphibian toob. Hopefully some smaller lesser made species instead of shrunk down crocodiles, anacondas, and the like. Excited to see the monkfish too!

suspsy

I was really wanting a male Asian elephant to go with my cow and calf from Schleich, but I may have to get this African one depending on how it looks. Presumably it's the usual savannah species as opposed to the smaller forest one.

bmathison1972

Quote from: Gwangi on November 17, 2021, 01:12:45 PM
Curious to see what's in the reptile and amphibian toob. Hopefully some smaller lesser made species instead of shrunk down crocodiles, anacondas, and the like. Excited to see the monkfish too!

@Gwangi - if the reptiles tube follows suit with dinosaurs and insects, expect them to be miniature version of reptiles and amphibians already released.

Gwangi

Quote from: bmathison1972 on November 17, 2021, 02:28:58 PM

@Gwangi - if the reptiles tube follows suit with dinosaurs and insects, expect them to be miniature version of reptiles and amphibians already released.

Good point. Although how many amphibians does CollectA actually have in their range? Also, there was that toob they did with the prehistoric marine animals that didn't have larger counterparts.

bmathison1972

Quote from: Gwangi on November 17, 2021, 02:50:29 PM
Quote from: bmathison1972 on November 17, 2021, 02:28:58 PM

Good point. Although how many amphibians does CollectA actually have in their range? Also, there was that toob they did with the prehistoric marine animals that didn't have larger counterparts.

let's see, off the top of my head:
1. red-eyed tree frod
2. Darwin's frog
3. anaconda
4. 2022 green tree python
5. cobra
6. bearded dragon
7. frilled lizard
8. moloch
9. sailfin chameleon
10...plus crocodilians, sea turtles, and tortoises

easily enough for a tube of 10-12 (could take influence from Sealife, Wildlife, and Little Wonders lines...)

Gwangi

Well I'm gonna hold out hope that there might be some unique stuff in there, and hopefully more than 2 amphibians. We'll know soon enough!

EpicRaptorMan

Lol my Eikoh Monkfish came in the mail yesterday 😂

Although I didn't know it was gonna be THAT small so I'm excited to see CollectA's Monkfish.

bmathison1972

First post updated with elephant, iguana, and 5 horses

suspsy

That's a great-looking savannah elephant! I just hope it's satisfyingly big. The original version is rather puny.

JimoAi

Quote from: suspsy on November 19, 2021, 01:35:13 PM
That's a great-looking savannah elephant! I just hope it's satisfyingly big. The original version is rather puny.
@suspsy  Screenshot_20211119_220634.jpg  Screenshot_20211119_220631.jpg

suspsy

Okay, 18 cm x 11 cm is a good size. Thanks!

bmathison1972

if the iguana is in the 'Wildlife' line, I'll get it to replace my Wild Safari iguana.

The elephant I am on the fence about. it is a very nice elephant, but I still really like my old Safarai sculpt.

EDIT: The iguana was posted on STS with a size of 13 cm long by 6 cm tall (or thereabouts). So, yes, the iguana will replace my Safari WS figure!

Gwangi

I'm really impressed with the iguana. The elephant is fantastic too. I don't have an African elephant yet so maybe I'll get this one.

Arctinus

Wow, the elephant and the iguana look spectacular to me.  ;D Ok, will definitely have to add them to the list.

Also, didn't know the  green tree python had so many morphs: https://happyserpent.com/snake-information/green-tree-python-morphs-and-localities/.

~Anatole France

EpicRaptorMan

What are the dimensions of the Green Tree Python?

The iguana looks good, was just hoping for a bit more substantial of a reveal this Friday.

Arctinus

Quote from: EpicRaptorMan on November 19, 2021, 04:10:52 PM
What are the dimensions of the Green Tree Python?

The iguana looks good, was just hoping for a bit more substantial of a reveal this Friday.

Green tree python: 14,3 X 3,8 cm

Elephant: 18,5 X 11 cm (W x H)
Iguana: 13,8 X 6,2 cm (W x H)
Edmontosaurus: 34 X 12,5 cm (W x H)

~Anatole France

EpicRaptorMan

Oh wow so it's a fair bit bigger than my Schleich Anaconda at 12.8 x 1.8 cm.

Might just have to skip out on this one.

Arctinus

Quote from: EpicRaptorMan on November 19, 2021, 08:13:25 PM
Oh wow so it's a fair bit bigger than my Schleich Anaconda at 12.8 x 1.8 cm.

Might just have to skip out on this one.

Yeah, Schleich's reptiles are kind of smaller than Collecta's and even Papo's, if I'm not mistaken. I mean, both Schleich anaconda and rattlesnake are quite small, and the boa, when I saw it, was small, too, compared to other figures.

~Anatole France

EpicRaptorMan

I started off collecting Schleich decade+ ago and I was uninterested in anything but Schleich but recently I started getting back into collecting and have broaded to accept Papo, CollectA, Mojo, and Safari Ltd so long as the figures look good and are somewhat proportionatly sized.

As far as snakes go I have Schleich Anaconda and Cobra plus Mojo Rattlesnake.