News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

CollectA - New for 2022

Started by bmathison1972, November 05, 2021, 11:09:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EpicRaptorMan

@Arctinus the python looks good imo. Could use more white specs for accuracy.
I really like it, just wonder how big it'll be.

Emperor Penguin chicks look nice as well.

Gwangi

The Cooperoceras and Smok are must haves for me. Kind of disappointed in the extant animals announced so far but the python isn't bad, it's the best of the extant lineup so far.

Arctinus

Quote from: EpicRaptorMan on November 12, 2021, 12:28:26 PM

I'm no expert, so thanks!  ^-^ Still looks good and it's definitely on my list.

I assume it's going to be part of the Reptiles and Amphibians in the Little Wonders line, so something like the size of their reptiles, but we'll have to wait and see.
Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened.

~Anatole France

suspsy

Geez, only one terrestrial wild animal revealed thus far. That is truly disappointing. OTOH, a new reptile is always 100% welcome.

bmathison1972

We're still only half way through, folks!

Personally I find the python most exciting. Companies rarely add snakes to wildlife lines that are not cobras or anacondas, or the occasional rattler.

bmathison1972

Quote from: Arctinus on November 12, 2021, 01:10:33 PM
Quote from: EpicRaptorMan on November 12, 2021, 12:28:26 PM

I'm no expert, so thanks!  ^-^ Still looks good and it's definitely on my list.

I assume it's going to be part of the Reptiles and Amphibians in the Little Wonders line, so something like the size of their reptiles, but we'll have to wait and see.

I am assuming it's the Wildlife line. The email suspsy forwarded to me mentioned the popularity of their snakes, which I assume refers to their cobra and anaconda in the Wildlife line. So, if it is akin to those two, expect it in Wildlife (which I would prefer)

Arctinus

Quote from: bmathison1972 on November 12, 2021, 02:33:38 PM
We're still only half way through, folks!

Personally I find the python most exciting. Companies rarely add snakes to wildlife lines that are not cobras or anacondas, or the occasional rattler.

Me, too! I only have the Mojo coral snake and cobra and the Schleich rattlesnake and still have to get the Collecta anaconda. I didn't get the Schleich boa because the coloured splotches were bumps instead of just colouring. I'm so happy they decided to make another snake.  ;D

~Anatole France

Gwangi

It is nice to get a new snake, we don't get a lot of them, and it looks good too. I just wish it was posed differently. I'm not a fan of striking poses and that it's doing it from the ground looks kind of odd. I would have preferred seeing it do what green tree pythons spend the vast majority of their time doing. Coiled up motionless on a branch.

I realize that this is more fun and dynamic for kids. I'm just sharing my opinion. I also spend a great deal of my time trying to dispel fears and myths about snakes and having every toy snake posed like this doesn't help that cause. I think the CollectA Anaconda looks ridiculous.

EpicRaptorMan

I have the Schleich Anaconda and Cobra. As well as the Mojo Rattlesnake.
So if it fits with those then 👍.

CollectA said it'll be available Early 2022 (and the adult/baby penguins in Mid 2022).

You said we're halfway through, @bmathison1972, so only 2 more batches of reveals probably?

bmathison1972

Quote from: EpicRaptorMan on November 12, 2021, 03:36:51 PM
I have the Schleich Anaconda and Cobra. As well as the Mojo Rattlesnake.
So if it fits with those then 👍.

CollectA said it'll be available Early 2022 (and the adult/baby penguins in Mid 2022).

You said we're halfway through, @bmathison1972, so only 2 more batches of reveals probably?

probably; they usually do four announcements, but they've already stated they are releasing fewer this year, so it might only be one more. We won't know until this time next week :)

EpicRaptorMan

@bmathison1972 unfortunate, but at least there are other brands.

So far the python, penguin chicks, & maybe the humpback calf is all that interests me. Size dependant ofc. 😂

bmathison1972

I like the penguin chicks but so far I haven't really gotten into immatures of non-arthropods

EpicRaptorMan

I feel ya. I try to avoid the juvenile models for the most part, but since my interest are so slim for CollectA 2022 so far I'll have to consider them.

Arctinus

Now that you've mentioned it, EpicRaptorMan, I also have the Schleich anaconda, but I forgot, since I currently keep most of my figures in cardboard boxes.  :P

And I don't think I have any baby animals either, except for the Papo wolf cub, the Schleich polar bear cub and panda cub. Maybe a few more. I would maybe like to get the rest, but right now I'm trying to focus on the adult ones.  :D

~Anatole France

EpicRaptorMan

@Arctinus Schleich's Anaconda is nice and isn't overly aggressive.
That being said I wish CollectA Green Python would be smaller than my Anaconda... we'll see.

As for babies I only have a handful. Some of which I got stuck with unwilling (meerkat, cheetah, lion, tiger, giraffe, African elephant, bongo, tapir, panda (ok I guess I have more babies than I thought))

Arctinus

Quote from: EpicRaptorMan on November 13, 2021, 03:20:04 AM
@Arctinus Schleich's Anaconda is nice and isn't overly aggressive.
That being said I wish CollectA Green Python would be smaller than my Anaconda... we'll see.

As for babies I only have a handful. Some of which I got stuck with unwilling (meerkat, cheetah, lion, tiger, giraffe, African elephant, bongo, tapir, panda (ok I guess I have more babies than I thought))

I wish it were a bit larger, though. But I like it precisely because of that. It looks like it's just slithering somewhere.  ^-^

The penguin chicks also look cute, but I already have the Papo emperor penguin which comes with a chick, so I guess there's no need for more in this case.

Which reminds me, I need to add these images to the list of the figures I still need to get.  :D

~Anatole France

Arctinus

There's an updated list on STS with the remaining figures:

WILDLIFE:

88965 - GREEN IGUANA

88966 - AFRICAN ELEPHANT

88968 - AMERICAN BISON

A1194 - Mini Reptiles & Amphibians TOOB

OCEANS & ICE:

88967 - MONKFISH

FARM & PETS:

88954 - AMERICAN SADDLEBRED STALLION liver chestnut

88956 - APPALOOSA STALLION Bay

88957 - HANOVERIAN STALLION Dappled Grey

88961 - ORYOL MARE Dark-Grey

88951 - YAKUTISCHER STALLION Grey

88959 - HALF-ARABIAN STALLION Dappled-Grey DELUXE 1:12

PREHISTORIC WORLD:

88948 - EDMONTOSAURUS (CollectA Deluxe, 1:40 Scale)

88950 - TRICERATOPS HORRIDUS (CollectA Deluxe, 1:40 Scale with an articulated jaw)

SETS:

84193 - Mini Stable Box Set

84194 - Mini Volcano Box Set

~Anatole France

JimoAi

Monkfish, triceratops, edmontosaurus and mini reptiles toob. Am sold

Arctinus

It's green iguana and monkfish for me, but also African elephant and American bison if they turn out to be really good, as in better than what I currently have. :D

~Anatole France

bmathison1972

Interesting; the elephant and iguana could be promising. Would need to see the bison; my current American bison is Collecta and I like it very much

I have an Eikoh monkfish but CollectA's could be used as a different species.