Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

ATB Review Schedule

Started by bmathison1972, May 14, 2020, 09:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmathison1972

Quote from: sbell on November 03, 2023, 09:43:46 PMI would like to reserve the Bandai Ancient fishes set 2 (individually? As a set? Some combination of both? Haven't decided yet).

Also the Takara Monster fish set (gar+tigerfish+eel). Probably as a set.

I just need to wait until both sets are ready to ship from Japan

Done! Excited to see reviews from you again Sean!

sbell

Quote from: bmathison1972 on November 03, 2023, 10:53:40 PM
Quote from: sbell on November 03, 2023, 09:43:46 PMI would like to reserve the Bandai Ancient fishes set 2 (individually? As a set? Some combination of both? Haven't decided yet).

Also the Takara Monster fish set (gar+tigerfish+eel). Probably as a set.

I just need to wait until both sets are ready to ship from Japan

Done! Excited to see reviews from you again Sean!

I'll make them happen. Need to get them in hand of course...

suspsy

Just submitted my CollectA Indian crested porcupine review!

Koifish

I would like to reserve April 1st, 2025, for the Unicorn by Breyer, ("Paddock Pals", vintage mold #9020)
Bluestem Zoo | Collector of mainly late Pleistocene-Holocene animal figures | Come visit my zoo! | THIS HOBBY NEEDS MORE RECENTLY-EXTINCT SPECIES!!

JimoAi

I would like to ask is there a 12 days of X mas of reviews this year as I'm down for one of the days to be the spotted seal from papo

bmathison1972

Quote from: JimoAi on November 11, 2023, 02:06:43 AMI would like to ask is there a 12 days of X mas of reviews this year as I'm down for one of the days to be the spotted seal from papo

yes we'll be doing Xmas themes. Not sure we will have 12 to to do, but when you submit, I'll post it within those days

callmejoe3

Hello, I'm back from my hiatus (might do a post about on it somewhere else).

I would like to get my review for the Papo elephant seal out of the way, but I've noticed that none of the recent reviews are on the site's calendar, so I don't to reserve a date yet before making sure I'm caught up on which spots are available.

bmathison1972

Quote from: callmejoe3 on November 11, 2023, 06:58:37 PMHello, I'm back from my hiatus (might do a post about on it somewhere else).

I would like to get my review for the Papo elephant seal out of the way, but I've noticed that none of the recent reviews are on the site's calendar, so I don't to reserve a date yet before making sure I'm caught up on which spots are available.

@callmejoe3 - Blog activity is kinda light right now. You can probably post whenever you want, or if you'd prefer to reserve a date, just let us know when you are ready :)

callmejoe3

Quote from: bmathison1972 on November 11, 2023, 07:08:49 PM@callmejoe3 - Blog activity is kinda light right now. You can probably post whenever you want, or if you'd prefer to reserve a date, just let us know when you are ready :)

Okay, as a courtesy, I'll let everyone known I'm aiming for the 13th.

Saarlooswolfhound

I could do one of my reservations for a Christmas article (Mojo Arctic wolf or Safari Arctic fox). Just give me a deadline as motivation.  ;D

Gwangi

Quote from: bmathison1972 on November 11, 2023, 12:02:22 PM
Quote from: JimoAi on November 11, 2023, 02:06:43 AMI would like to ask is there a 12 days of X mas of reviews this year as I'm down for one of the days to be the spotted seal from papo

yes we'll be doing Xmas themes. Not sure we will have 12 to to do, but when you submit, I'll post it within those days

Uh oh! Guess I better find some stuff to review.

bmathison1972

I may or may not put an effort into something around Xmas time myself. Maybe I'll see 1) what I have that is appropriate for snow that hasn't been reviewed or reserved and 2) if I can photograph in the snow when it comes.

Or maybe I'll see what other animals hold cultural significance for that time of year. For example, when I lived in the Czech Republic, the traditional Christmas dinner was carp. Maybe I'll review the Yujin common carp?

Gwangi

Quote from: bmathison1972 on November 11, 2023, 10:18:01 PMI may or may not put an effort into something around Xmas time myself. Maybe I'll see 1) what I have that is appropriate for snow that hasn't been reviewed or reserved and 2) if I can photograph in the snow when it comes.

Or maybe I'll see what other animals hold cultural significance for that time of year. For example, when I lived in the Czech Republic, the traditional Christmas dinner was carp. Maybe I'll review the Yujin common carp?

Would like to see a carp reviewed for Christmas! But you've got a number of options. I think any Arctic animal will do. I'll probably end up doing a Clydesdale like I suggested in another thread.

bmathison1972

I am partial to the CollectA Clydesdale. It looks like their two figures are the same sculpt, with a Bay in 2013 and the Black Sabino repaint earlier this year.
I prefer the Bay version but being a decade old I worry what the paint application looks like these days)

Gwangi

Quote from: bmathison1972 on November 11, 2023, 11:27:42 PMI am partial to the CollectA Clydesdale. It looks like their two figures are the same sculpt, with a Bay in 2013 and the Black Sabino repaint earlier this year.
I prefer the Bay version but being a decade old I worry what the paint application looks like these days)

That's one one I'm leaning towards but I like the Black Sabino. Maybe I'll do a polar bear or puffin or some other Arctic animal too. Might even get a reindeer even though I have the woodland caribou by CollectA. Decisions, decisions!

EDIT: Any of the numerous birds from Twelve Days of Christmas would work too. Anyone got a partridge?

sbell

Quote from: bmathison1972 on November 11, 2023, 10:18:01 PMI may or may not put an effort into something around Xmas time myself. Maybe I'll see 1) what I have that is appropriate for snow that hasn't been reviewed or reserved and 2) if I can photograph in the snow when it comes.

I should just transfer all of my Yujin freshwater fishes walkarounds over... there's definitely a carp in there!

callmejoe3

This got delayed because my internet connection went out last evening. Here's the blog's first look at an Elephant seal.
https://animaltoyforum.com/blog/elephant-seal-marine-life-by-papo/

bmathison1972

Thanks @callmejoe3 - glad to have you back.
In the future please try to remember posting review announcements here so they'll be visible to all: https://animaltoyforum.com/index.php?topic=2499.0

callmejoe3

Quote from: bmathison1972 on November 16, 2023, 12:48:22 AMThanks @callmejoe3 - glad to have you back.
In the future please try to remember posting review announcements here so they'll be visible to all: https://animaltoyforum.com/index.php?topic=2499.0

My mistake, I got the threads mixed up.

bmathison1972

Quote from: callmejoe3 on November 16, 2023, 02:12:51 AM
Quote from: bmathison1972 on November 16, 2023, 12:48:22 AMThanks @callmejoe3 - glad to have you back.

My mistake, I got the threads mixed up.

No worries, thanks  ;D