Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

ATB Review Schedule

Started by bmathison1972, May 14, 2020, 09:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwangi

Time to reserve some 2024 figures!  ^-^

CollectA Elk
Papo "tortoise"
Papo Mountain goat
Papo scarlet ibis
Papo Guinea fowl

bmathison1972

darn @Gwangi - I was just about to reserve the Guinea fowl.

Gwangi

Quote from: bmathison1972 on November 17, 2023, 12:18:54 PMdarn @Gwangi - I was just about to reserve the Guinea fowl.

Sorry, I like my galliformes.  O:-)

bmathison1972

I am formally reserving the Schleich ibex (I assume most people will prefer CollectA) and the remaining Papo 2023 on my wishlist, common lizard and Muscovy duck

bmathison1972

For now, next weekend (November 25-26) will be reserved for back-to-back related reviews  8)

suspsy

Dang, I was thinking I'd like to review that Papo pond slider. Ah well!

Gwangi

Quote from: suspsy on November 18, 2023, 06:45:54 PMDang, I was thinking I'd like to review that Papo pond slider. Ah well!

Sorry! I gotta take this opportunity to feature it alongside my pet red-eared slider. I've had the old chap for 31 years!

Safari makes a red-eared slider too but it represents a juvenile. In fact, looking at Toy Animal Wiki it looks like every red-eared slider figure represents a juvenile. Papo's looks to be the first adult!

bmathison1972

Quote from: Gwangi on November 18, 2023, 09:03:20 PM
Quote from: suspsy on November 18, 2023, 06:45:54 PMDang, I was thinking I'd like to review that Papo pond slider. Ah well!

Sorry! I gotta take this opportunity to feature it alongside my pet red-eared slider. I've had the old chap for 31 years!

Safari makes a red-eared slider too but it represents a juvenile. In fact, looking at Toy Animal Wiki it looks like every red-eared slider figure represents a juvenile. Papo's looks to be the first adult!

I have the Kaiyodo Choco Q slider, which appears to be an adult. Funny, the 'red-eared' slider isn't even native to Florida. If they didn't paint red on its head, it could easily have been a yellow-bellied slider or even a cooter!

Gwangi

Quote from: bmathison1972 on November 18, 2023, 11:49:38 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on November 18, 2023, 09:03:20 PM

I have the Kaiyodo Choco Q slider, which appears to be an adult. Funny, the 'red-eared' slider isn't even native to Florida. If they didn't paint red on its head, it could easily have been a yellow-bellied slider or even a cooter!

Figures, that one is not on Toy Animal Wiki. :P

No, the red-eared slider is not native to Florida. But the red-eared slider is a sub-species of the pond slider (Trachemys scripta) and so is the yellow-bellied slider, which is native to Florida. Before we had the picture I assumed the figure would be a gopher tortoise. 

bmathison1972

I also assumed AND HOPED it would have been a gopher tortoise :)

JimoAi

I'll be taking another back seat when it comes to reveals since things have taken for the worst on my side but there's guaranteed one for the holiday seasons

suspsy

I just sent off my Papo tigers review. Two emails due to all the images!

bmathison1972

Quote from: suspsy on November 26, 2023, 06:53:04 PMI just sent off my Papo tigers review. Two emails due to all the images!

Great! I'll get to it soon; may not be in time for tomorrow, we shall see

JimoAi

Quick update:

I'll have to remove the boxfish from the Colorata reef fish review as I no longer have the figure but the emperor angel will still get reviewed

Same with the Bandai whales set but I would like to replace the review with the animal heavenly body? Series of laugh and grow fat Sea animals set 1. I'm not sure if I'll do set 2 ATM even tho ive ordered the set however but the seal is tempting

bmathison1972

Quote from: JimoAi on December 03, 2023, 03:09:35 AMQuick update:

I'll have to remove the boxfish from the Colorata reef fish review as I no longer have the figure but the emperor angel will still get reviewed

Same with the Bandai whales set but I would like to replace the review with the animal heavenly body? Series of laugh and grow fat Sea animals set 1. I'm not sure if I'll do set 2 ATM even tho ive ordered the set however but the seal is tempting

Done

bmathison1972

My forum and blog activity will be reduced December 7-11 there may be a delay in posting Guest Reviews submitted during that period.

bmathison1972

I am going to review the entire Club Earth 'Spiders to Go' collection! Will include images of the figures solo but also alongside their 'printed' form in the Levi and Levi Spiders and Their Kin book ;-)

JimoAi

Update: for the laugh and grow fat, I've managed to obtain the 7th secret figure so I'll have a suggestion that the cover page not include the image of the secret to build hype on what it is.

JimoAi

Decided to review the Schleich hammer head and Tiger shark instead of the Papo seal for Xmas as I intend on replacing them with the Toymany figures so Merry Sharkmas I guess?

JimoAi

submitted the Schleich hammerhead, the tiger shark should be due soon