Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

ATB Review Schedule

Started by bmathison1972, May 14, 2020, 09:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwangi

October is right around the corner. Am I the only one with "spooky season" reviews planned this year?

bmathison1972

Quote from: Gwangi on September 10, 2023, 09:29:46 PMOctober is right around the corner. Am I the only one with "spooky season" reviews planned this year?

Nope! I was going to start a  thread as we got closer to the end of September :)

I have one for sure but can easily come up with more. Last year I got really sick in early October so I only did one. I plan to rectify that this year.

Gwangi

Quote from: bmathison1972 on September 10, 2023, 09:42:03 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on September 10, 2023, 09:29:46 PMOctober is right around the corner. Am I the only one with "spooky season" reviews planned this year?

Nope! I was going to start a  thread as we got closer to the end of September :)

I have one for sure but can easily come up with more. Last year I got really sick in early October so I only did one. I plan to rectify that this year.

I've got three planned. I might be able to fit a fourth in there. I just placed an order for two of them so I would have them in time which got me wondering if others had plans too. Happy to hear I'm not the only one!

bmathison1972

Here's a hint I dropped earlier of one I am for certain doing:

Gwangi

OMG, I did not know that there was a Brave Wilderness executioner wasp toy. That's a big hint! Looking forward to that review, great choice!

I don't really want to say what I'm doing but I will say that there will be a fish, amphibian, and annelid. 

bmathison1972

An annelid? For Halloween? Hmmm...must be a leech? Don't know many leech figures (I have one, by Sbabam). Oh well, don't say either way; I want to be surprised.

Yeah, it wasn't much of a 'hint' but at least I didn't reveal the actual toy LOL

Gwangi

I think annelids in general work for Halloween. Ever see the movie Squirm? Not a great movie but it does have one of the best movie posters ever made...

bmathison1972

have not seen Squirm, but will add it to the list of potentials for my Saturday night movie night I do virtually with my old Atlanta friends.

suspsy

Please put me down for three more toys: the CollectA maned wolf and Indian crested porcupine and the Safari cockatoo.

bmathison1972

Quote from: suspsy on September 14, 2023, 04:28:39 AMPlease put me down for three more toys: the CollectA maned wolf and Indian crested porcupine and the Safari cockatoo.

done

Gwangi

Looks like @suspsy is stepping up his game. Good, the blog needs more active reviewers!

JimoAi

ok I am dumb and decided to get the whole set of the diversity of life on earth set for the whales.

Would like to review them and spoiler, the great white from the sharks set works as a Megalodon in this set

bmathison1972

Quote from: JimoAi on September 30, 2023, 01:29:25 PMok I am dumb and decided to get the whole set of the diversity of life on earth set for the whales.

Would like to review them and spoiler, the great white from the sharks set works as a Megalodon in this set

Noted, thank you

suspsy

Maned wolf review submitted!

bmathison1972

Quote from: suspsy on October 01, 2023, 12:59:19 AMManed wolf review submitted!

Saw it; should be up in the next couple days.

Saarlooswolfhound

Could I reserve the Papo tigress #50003?  I am working on the Safari arctic fox and Mojo arctic wolf but I am waiting until I get some snow for a photoshoot.

bmathison1972

Quote from: Saarlooswolfhound on October 29, 2023, 04:33:39 PMCould I reserve the Papo tigress #50003?  I am working on the Safari arctic fox and Mojo arctic wolf but I am waiting until I get some snow for a photoshoot.

Done

Gwangi

I think I would like to reserve the CollectA cuttlefish for review!  8)

bmathison1972

Quote from: Gwangi on November 03, 2023, 06:17:24 PMI think I would like to reserve the CollectA cuttlefish for review!  8)

Done

sbell

I would like to reserve the Bandai Ancient fishes set 2 (individually? As a set? Some combination of both? Haven't decided yet).

Also the Takara Monster fish set (gar+tigerfish+eel). Probably as a set.

I just need to wait until both sets are ready to ship from Japan