Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

ATB Review Schedule

Started by bmathison1972, May 14, 2020, 09:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimoAi

Quote from: bmathison1972 on March 19, 2021, 05:19:06 PM
Quote from: JimoAi on March 19, 2021, 03:40:34 PM
I would like to review the Yujin Saltwater fish part 1 set. All except the secrets as i won't get them

@JimoAi - these are reserved. Please let us know how you plan to review them. The entire set at once or individually? You have already reviewed two of them individually. Thanks.

As a whole set. As I've alr done 2 of them, I'll just leave brief descriptions and link their respective reviews

bmathison1972

I am claiming the Kitan Club Barnacles set.

suspsy

Okay, my Safari source just restocked this week, so please put me down for the hyena and the beaver!

callmejoe3

I would like to reserve the 1999 Schleich harbor seal, the 1996 Safari Ltd Sea turtle, and the Monterey Bay Aquarium gray whale calf.

bmathison1972

Quote from: suspsy on March 20, 2021, 10:38:32 AM
Okay, my Safari source just restocked this week, so please put me down for the hyena and the beaver!

done

Quote from: callmejoe3 on March 21, 2021, 06:22:43 PM
I would like to reserve the 1999 Schleich harbor seal, the 1996 Safari Ltd Sea turtle, and the Monterey Bay Aquarium gray whale calf.

done

bmathison1972

Check the calendar! Lots of upcoming reviews:

today: @sirenia
3/24: @JimoAi
3/25: @Lanthanotus
3/26: @Birdsage
3/27: open
3/28: open
3/29: @JimoAi [might get moved up if nothing else posted on the weekend]
3/30: open
3/31: @sirenia
4/1: @suspsy
4/2: bmathison1972 (me)

Gwangi

OkapiBoy

Hey guys!
Sorry I have been not active on reviews lately.
I'm taking a break until my schedule is more manageable.
I have been focusing more on my Dino reviews since there is more lag time between review post that makes it easier for me to post a review.

I just can't commit to a date to post a review as I'm too busy right now and don't have much free time, so I just try to post when I can. Butt for those who have reviews ready, the list of dates comes handy.

Hopefully when my schedule is more manageable I can get back.
Cheers!
Boki

bmathison1972

Quote from: OkapiBoy on March 24, 2021, 05:21:38 PM
Hey guys!
I have been focusing more on my Dino reviews since there is more lag time between review post that makes it easier for me to post a review.

I just can't commit to a date to post a review as I'm too busy right now and don't have much free time, so I just try to post when I can. Butt for those who have reviews ready, the list of dates comes handy.

Cheers!
Boki

Thanks @OkapiBoy - just post on the next available day when you are ready LOL :). Look forward to your reviews!

Gwangi

Hey guys!

Cheers!
Boki

That's why I've always preferred the "whoever posts first, wins" method. If someone posts on a day when I wanted to post I just wait for a day that someone doesn't post. If I post before someone else that also wanted to post on a particular day, tough luck to them. It's amazing how active the ATB is considering how inactive the forum is, quite the opposite from the DTB/DTF.

bmathison1972

Quote from: Gwangi on March 24, 2021, 07:35:03 PM
Hey guys!

Cheers!
Boki

That's why I've always preferred the "whoever posts first, wins" method. If someone posts on a day when I wanted to post I just wait for a day that someone doesn't post. If I post before someone else that also wanted to post on a particular day, tough luck to them. It's amazing how active the ATB is considering how inactive the forum is, quite the opposite from the DTB/DTF.

Yeah I agree but I know for some people certain days work best for their schedules. this isn't a permanent thing, just while things are really busy. it'll go through waves. Right now there are 5 guest reviews and if i get up early and post first each day (I usually post around 5AM my time) that could put someone back nearly a week :).

Gwangi

Quote from: bmathison1972 on March 24, 2021, 07:38:38 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on March 24, 2021, 07:35:03 PM
Hey guys!

Cheers!
Boki

Yeah I agree but I know for some people certain days work best for their schedules. this isn't a permanent thing, just while things are really busy. it'll go through waves. Right now there are 5 guest reviews and if i get up early and post first each day (I usually post around 5AM my time) that could put someone back nearly a week :).

Yeah, I get it, and it makes sense. Having a long history with the Dinosaur Toy Blog I've seen the boom and bust cycle of reviews firsthand. Periods where reviews were posted daily, some periods where you might get one review in a month.

JimoAi

I would like to add the collectA narwhal and merge the Papo leatherback and Loggerhead review

bmathison1972

The weekend is currently open for reviews. There are three pending Guest Reviews (all by the same person). I might post one Sunday if regular authors (with direct access to the site) don't post this weekend. But I am gonna leave it open for now!

JimoAi

Anyone knows if I should use carapace length or total lengths for scaling turtles and tortoises. Thanks.

bmathison1972

Quote from: JimoAi on March 27, 2021, 03:52:52 AM
Anyone knows if I should use carapace length or total lengths for scaling turtles and tortoises. Thanks.

I use carapace length

JimoAi

Quote from: bmathison1972 on March 27, 2021, 12:01:33 PM
Quote from: JimoAi on March 27, 2021, 03:52:52 AM

I use carapace length
Thanks

suspsy

I've submitted my review for April 1; hope everyone will enjoy it! Now to start working on the one for the Safari beaver.

JimoAi

Quote from: suspsy on March 29, 2021, 03:51:01 PM
I've submitted my review for April 1; hope everyone will enjoy it! Now to start working on the one for the Safari beaver.
Can't wait. You're one of the reasons why I started writing in the first place

bmathison1972

Tomorrow will be our 'April Fools' submission by suspsy!

I won't be able to work on the Blog Friday and Saturday, so I have posts for those two days built in Draft and scheduled to go live 8AM (blog time). My next one will go live on April 2 and then the next review by @JimoAi will be April 3.

It looks like the blog has calmed down a little, so starting April 4 we can go back to first-come and I will just pepper in the Guest reviews as time allows :).

If a particular day works best for someone, or you want to showcase something for a specific day, just let us know and we'll make it work!