Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Recent acquisitions

Started by Jetoar, December 06, 2012, 04:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sauroid

sbell

Quote from: sauroid on October 28, 2014, 03:45:04 PM
who made those woodland animals? can you post closer pics? thanks.

They kind of look like CollectA figures--they do make box sets.

stargatedalek

definitely CollectA, I recognize the owl

Jetoar

Quote from: sbell on October 28, 2014, 07:24:16 PM
Quote from: sauroid on October 28, 2014, 03:45:04 PM
who made those woodland animals? can you post closer pics? thanks.

They kind of look like CollectA figures--they do make box sets.

Yes they are, they are Collecta and I will do review of them  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

brontodocus

Congrats, sauroid! :) Aah, I still have to get me those new Mojö Fun figures, especially the Black-crested Macaque.

These came last week:

bmathison1972

Andre, what company/brand made the lucanid? Year? Species? Thanks. Is it Bullyland also? If so, I didn't realize they made one and need to get it!

brontodocus

Quote from: bmathison1972 on November 04, 2014, 02:31:12 PM
Andre, what company/brand made the lucanid? Year? Species? Thanks. Is it Bullyland also? If so, I didn't realize they made one and need to get it!
Yes, it's Bullyland. I don't know production years but the figure is retired (but still available, link sent per email). Although this one is a bit generic I'm sure it's meant to represent Lucanus cervus. It's quite large, too, at 113 mm.  :)

widukind

Congratulations for all newcomers!!

Jetoar

Really beautiful acquisitions  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

brontodocus

Many thanks, Andreas & Jetoar! :) And while I'm not 100% satisfied with the Midwife Toad I had to order another 3B Scientific model for a discount price. This time it's the European Grass Snake (what a misleading name for a semi-aquatic snake that feeds almost exclusively on frogs), Natrix natrix. :)

sauroid

wow! a bunch of awesome new figures brontodocus. :)

brontodocus

Many thanks, sauroid! :) Oh, and I also bought the Skilcraft "Insect Lab" injection model kit which I didn't photograph - but I already started assembling it.

stargatedalek

that sounds cool, can't wait to hear how it works :)

I found a couple of things the other day (pics soon), but the highlight amongst them would be a K&M rubber moray eel

sbell

Quote from: stargatedalek on November 11, 2014, 03:25:51 PM
that sounds cool, can't wait to hear how it works :)

I found a couple of things the other day (pics soon), but the highlight amongst them would be a K&M rubber moray eel

Which one? The green, ribbon, dragon or leopard? They're all the same mold of course, but different paint.

stargatedalek

leopard I would assume based on the colour, although the mold seems best suited to a dragon

It took me longer than usual to get pics up, but here's the results of my latest Value Village excursion;

McDonald HexBug Crab
I definitely don't collect McD toys, of the few that actually even have potential to interest me I find most of them underwhelming, but Crab has always been my favorite model of HexBug, so I couldn't help myself
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

K&M Moray Eel (leopard?)
this was the cream of the crop, a real novelty I think to find a figure with such nice detail thats also done in a soft rubber material
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

as yet unknown brand Albatross
definitely interesting, a fairly nice sculpt detail wise although the proportions of the wings are a bit off
I'd like to try and identify it, it looks vaguely familiar and I think it was being referred to as Lontic/Nayab, would that be it?
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

these were unintentional wins, some K&M and Scleich animals, they just happened to be in the same bag as that glorious moray eel
[spoiler][/spoiler]

sbell

That's the dragon. My mistake the 4th is a zebra moray. The bird looks like a Nayab figure.

bmathison1972

castor bean tick, Ixodes ricinus by 3B Scientific. Apparently their distributor in the US is here in GA so I got it quick (makes sense, the US National tick collection is in Georgia :) ).

You can edit my response in the 'favorite figure' thread...I have a new one!!!!!!  ;D

Will do a walk-around in a sec.

brontodocus

Congrats, stargatedalek! :) I have the same K&M moray eel in green. Hmm, the Albatross looks indeed Nayab-ish. But the one I know (from the Lontic Antarctic Animals) is swallowing a fish. But it's well possible they made more than one single Albatross figure.
Quote from: bmathison1972 on November 12, 2014, 12:09:37 AM
You can edit my response in the 'favorite figure' thread...I have a new one!!!!!!  ;D
And I guess that means something, thinking of the many arthropod figures you have - and your Smithsonian Flea will probably never forgive you! ;D Anyway, congrats, Blaine! 8)
EDIT: Oh, and I forgot - your NMoJ Luciola cruciata won't forgive you, either!

sauroid

congrats on your new figures everyone.

mine
Safari Ltd leopard shark

Safari Ltd sptted eagle ray

Safari Ltd great white shark

Safari Ltd leafy sea dragon

trumpeting african elephant calf

Epoch tuna

kaiyodo bowhead whale

Safari Ltd smaller eagle ray

my second NBGI skate/ray

bmathison1972

nice Sauroid!

Today I received the stag beetle and small mosquito from Bullyland. Both figures are pretty nice actually. The mosquito has some similarities to a 'chinabug' type figure (e.g., the way the wings are attached), but in several features (most notably proportions), it's actually better than the Safari LTD life cycle figure! The abdomen (not well visible from this angle) is red, suggesting a recent blood meal :). Would be nice if it was bigger though.
The seller threw in the ant; not sure if it was also made by Bullyland but it's new for me so it'll be added to the menagerie!  ;D