Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Recent acquisitions

Started by Jetoar, December 06, 2012, 04:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brontodocus

Congrats, Sean and Alice! :)

I swear, I was just going to buy some new shoes... but a nearby store had a discount on Schleich figures and I always wanted to get me those warthogs... :-[ ;D

sauroid

cool stuff Dr.Andre and GizelleGaselle
@sbell: i'll let you know when i get another zebra shark. ;)
some new ones
Colorata saltie croc (the new color scheme)

Colorata tomato frog

Re-Ment lowland gorilla

AAA tiger cub twins (that i'll convert into Smilodon cubs)

Safari Ltd blue crab

Colorata large deluxe Manta Ray (missing base/rod)
'
CollectA 2013 pilot whale

Safari Ltd Monterey Bay bottle nosed dolphin

Schleich cheetah cub

Schleich polar bear cub

Schleich female chimp

brontodocus

Congrats, sauroid! :) Hey, somehow I never realised that the colour schemes of the Colorata reptiles were updated, eventually! :o 8)

sauroid

Quote from: brontodocus on December 06, 2014, 01:21:52 PM
Congrats, sauroid! :) Hey, somehow I never realised that the colour schemes of the Colorata reptiles were updated, eventually! :o 8)
i didnt find out myself until i saw the Colorata Reference pic of the reptiles set and when i checked and compared all my duplicates/extras. :)

anyway some new ones
Hayakawa insects boxed set

more Yujin S2 chelonians (now i only need the Pelodiscus sinensis)

K recently extinct animals

bmathison1972

Nice! I recently ordered sets #1 and #2 from that insect series....looks like some nice one in set #3! What's the large dark scarabaeoid in the upper right?

Jetoar

Wonderful acquisitions  ;)

My last acquistions of a flea market  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

sauroid

wish i could ID them but everything's written in japanese. :D

cool stuff Jetoar

brontodocus

Great additions, sauroid and Jetoar! 8)
Quote from: bmathison1972 on December 08, 2014, 01:00:28 PM
Nice! I recently ordered sets #1 and #2 from that insect series....looks like some nice one in set #3! What's the large dark scarabaeoid in the upper right?
I'm not entirely sure but I believe either Megasoma actaeon or M. mars. It would also explain why the figure has a larger body than the Dynastes hercules. If you like you can post a photo of that one out of the box, sauroid, I'm almost sure I can pin it down to species level in this case. :) You could also post this and others in the species identification thread, the left one in the top row of set 3 is a Chalcosoma but I'll need a lateral view of the cephalic horn to tell if it's C. atlas or C. caucasus.

sauroid

more pics of the Hayakawa bugs and last minute additions :)

brontodocus

Whaa, you get new figures on a daily basis, sauroid! :o 8) The Piranha is just wonderful.

So the large figure isn't Megasoma after all. Instead it's a stag beetle, Dorcus hopei binodulosus (there are alternative classifications of this one, sometimes it's called D. curvidens binodulosus instead). The left one in the top row, well, I still can't see everything of the cephalic horn but if it has a vertical hornlet just about mid length of the cephalic horn then it's Chalcosoma caucasus, if doesn't then it's C. atlas (for comparison see this post). The middle one in the top row is of course Dynastes hercules. As for the ones in the second row, the left one is Allotopus rosenbergi, second to the left is Prosopocoilus sp. (I can't identify this to species level with certainty), third is Prosopocoilus giraffa, the one with the orange dots is unknown to me and looks a bit generic. I can't give an ID for the grasshopper and the cicada but the dragonfly is most likely Anotogaster sieboldii. :)

sauroid

haha well. i get new stuff on a weekly basis (this addiction is so hard to appease). :D

thanks for the ID Dr.Andre.

bmathison1972

Today I received my Hayakawa insects...mine are in two different boxes representing 28 different figures. There are a couple species duplications but no figure duplications. It includes all those shown by sauroid (above) plus some extras. There are common English and Japanese names (some of the English incorrect, btw) but no Latin names.
Among the non-scarabaeoids that my set included that sauroid's did not are a slant-faces acridid grasshopper, a small red dragonfly, and a cerambycid (Anoplophora).
Overall, these are a typical 'china-bug' quality but a nice species assorment.

postsaurischian

^-^  Kitan Club - Nature Techni Colour  Luna Lionfish  &  Wought Iron Butterflyfish with Elongated Giant Clam

>  I could not find these anywhere, so 'brettnj' got them for me :) ..... thanks again!

radioactive347

Very nice models postsaurischian.

sauroid

beautiful figures, beautiful photo, postsaurischian

brontodocus

Two really lovely new Kitan Club figures, Helge!  :) Reminds me that I have passed on too many Kitan Club sets... :'(

sbell

Quote from: brontodocus on December 13, 2014, 10:07:55 PM
Two really lovely new Kitan Club figures, Helge!  :) Reminds me that I have passed on too many Kitan Club sets... :'(

I have as well--got to put limits somewhere! Although part of it might be that I have yet to see a figure that I must have.

Jetoar

Wonderful acquistions  ^-^.

They are my lasts acquistions from another flea market of the last sunday  ^-^.

brontodocus

Yay, congrats, Jetoar! :) Will you post individual photos of the Sailfish?

Jetoar

Quote from: brontodocus on December 16, 2014, 09:37:12 AM
Yay, congrats, Jetoar! :) Will you post individual photos of the Sailfish?

Yes I will. I will do a walk around of it  ^-^.