News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Recent acquisitions

Started by Jetoar, December 06, 2012, 04:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmathison1972

Quote from: Sim on January 08, 2024, 06:50:11 PMToday I acquired the Safari oceanic whitetip shark, Safari hyacinth macaw, Safari cockatoo and Schleich fire salamander.  I'm very happy with all of them! ^-^

I only have the shark among these four, but your choices are all still very good!

Sim

I've acquired the Toymany 6-piece shark set.  It's better than I was expecting!  I'm very happy with some of the figures it includes!  I'll post more thoughts in the Toymany thread.

SerAndrew

Found them in a trip to Munich

bmathison1972

Very nice SerAndrew; the bonobo looks particularly nice. I will get these two, and the Japanese macaque, as soon as Happy Hen gets them in!

JimoAi

got my animal heavenly body blind boxes. Got the white shark and one I'll be showing in another time. Will show my haul once I have enough items

SerAndrew

Yes @bmathison1972 , they are good. The ibex will be converted into a alpine nubian ibex with some horn wrapping + painting and creating a beard with clay.

I also got the armadillo. The mould is pretty good, but the paint application is aweful. I'll also repaint it. Will show the result here.

bmathison1972

Quote from: SerAndrew on January 15, 2024, 04:27:39 PMYes @bmathison1972 , they are good. The ibex will be converted into an alpine with some horn wrapping + painting and creating a beard with clay.

I also got the armadillo. The mould is pretty good, but the paint application is aweful. I'll also repaint it. Will show the result here.

the ibex is already an Alpine ibex, or are you going for a specific subspecies (or maybe just want more detail and highlights?)?

SerAndrew

Quote from: bmathison1972 on January 15, 2024, 04:29:29 PM
Quote from: SerAndrew on January 15, 2024, 04:27:39 PMYes @bmathison1972 , they are good. The ibex will be converted into an alpine with some horn wrapping + painting and creating a beard with clay.

the ibex is already an Alpine ibex, or are you going for a specific subspecies (or maybe just want more detail and highlights?)?

Sorry, I meant to say nubian ibex. Correcting in my previous message as well :)

bmathison1972

From Safari 2023, a pugnacious pooch, a pointy pelagic predator, and a pale princely parrot!

FlaffyRaptors

Fresh from Germany, a new haul for 2024! The little Tuatara is easily my favourite, though I did give him an olive green paint touch up as the original white hazy deco was a bit weird.

Fembrogon

Got me a spiny-tailed skink, courtesy of "Animal Planet", or whatever the company name is. It looks great!

Ikessauro

Looks very realistic. Where can i buy this?

bmathison1972

Quote from: Ikessauro on January 19, 2024, 02:34:15 AMLooks very realistic. Where can i buy this?

@Ikessauro - check out my Blog review of it; I mention buying options.

Animal Planet made the original resin; this one above (and mine) are PVC copies which are made by various Chinese factories.

JimoAi

got another Schleich hammerhead along with some mini brand SpongeBob items and I'm shocked that it isn't as rubbery as the last one. it feels more of a typical plastic so I am glad Schleich is shifting to a better material though the bottom teeth is still unpainted

Sim

Today I acquired the Schleich blue shark!  I had bought it online before I got the Toymany blue shark, but I'm happy to have both!

Fembrogon

I caved and got myself the 8-piece Toymany sharks set; the quantity for quality ratio seemed almost too good to be true.
But it's not! I'm no shark expert but all of these look very nice, especially for the price. The only major downside is the warping from packaging on nearly all of them, but that's being easily remedied with hot water so far.

sbell

Quote from: Fembrogon on January 22, 2024, 02:39:07 PMI caved and got myself the 8-piece Toymany sharks set; the quantity for quality ratio seemed almost too good to be true.
But it's not! I'm no shark expert but all of these look very nice, especially for the price. The only major downside is the warping from packaging on nearly all of them, but that's being easily remedied with hot water so far.

I also keep putting it off...but that sawshark is super tempting

Isidro

These are quite good sharks, nothing I need for my collection but I would buy the very well done sawshark if it was third of the size of this figure.

Sim

Today I received the Colorata penguins of the world set and Colorata sharks of the world set!  The penguins set is excellent!  The figures are very nice sizes and their detail is great!  The sharks set is very nice too, but unfortunately the figures are too small for me.  I would have preferred if they hadn't included the rays and instead made the sharks bigger.

I've also received the Mojo rattlesnake, coral snake and chameleon.  I like the coral snake the most, it's got an interesting pose!

sbell

Quote from: Sim on January 23, 2024, 08:50:47 PMToday I received the Colorata penguins of the world set and Colorata sharks of the world set!  The penguins set is excellent!  The figures are very nice sizes and their detail is great!  The sharks set is very nice too, but unfortunately the figures are too small for me.  I would have preferred if they hadn't included the rays and instead made the sharks bigger.

I've also received the Mojo rattlesnake, coral snake and chameleon.  I like the coral snake the most, it's got an interesting pose!

If you get the Colorata Sharks DX box, most figures are overall larger (except the cookie cutter, as the figures are slightly scaled).