News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Recent acquisitions

Started by Jetoar, December 06, 2012, 04:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saarlooswolfhound

Wonderful new additions all Fembrogen! I am itching to get that koolasuchus.

JimoAi

damn I love the slap on the face that I recently got rid of my Schleich great white in favour of the Safari one die to the better material and the Safari being more realistic

Fembrogon

Haha, oh dear, I didn't mean any harm @JimoAi:)) I do agree the plastic type feels a bit odd on this figure. I probably would have chosen a Safari great white normally, but the portliness of the Schleich version appealed to me more. I continue to be amused by the rare cases I end up choosing Schleich over the other brands.

sbell

Quote from: Saarlooswolfhound on January 04, 2024, 02:48:56 AMWonderful new additions all Fembrogen! I am itching to get that koolasuchus.

It's so cool, definitely recommend it.

Sim

I've acquired the Safari lorikeet, the Papo pigeon and the Safari green amazon parrot.  I love them all!

Gwangi

I don't normally post here because I usually only get a figure or two here or there but this time was different. This is one of the largest orders I've ever placed, thanks to Safari's Blowout Sale. It's sad to think that all these are now discontinued. Some of these, like the right whale, moon bear, tree kangaroo, and Citipati are figures I've been wanting for a long time but kept putting off. I'm glad I didn't miss out on them.

I gotta say too, a lot of these are much better than I expected. Safari's promo pictures don't do their products justice. There are a few here I only got because they were so cheap and I was not sure how much I would like them. Turns out, I love them all!

bmathison1972

Nice @Gwangi - I have all of those except the wombat (CollectA), babirusa (CollectA), and warthog (PNSO). I also don't have the reindeer, but with the taxonomic changes, it could become a new species if we can figure out what it was modeled after. If it's one by @doug watson I wonder if he modeled it after a certain population??? It is a nice model, for sure!

Gwangi

Quote from: bmathison1972 on January 05, 2024, 07:56:56 PMNice @Gwangi - I have all of those except the wombat (CollectA), babirusa (CollectA), and warthog (PNSO). I also don't have the reindeer, but with the taxonomic changes, it could become a new species if we can figure out what it was modeled after. If it's one by @doug watson I wonder if he modeled it after a certain population??? It is a nice model, for sure!

I was leaning towards CollectA too with regards to the wombat and babirusa but the price was too good, I couldn't say no. They're certainly sufficient representatives of their species. The wombat really took me by surprise because it was the one I was least excited about. I added it to the cart last in an attempt to reach $50. It's fantastic though, it even has an open pouch. You'll see when I review it.

I have CollectA's woodland caribou so I broke my one-figure-per-species rule with Safari's. But I really like the sculpt and I really like deer so I couldn't pass it up. I don't know what subspecies it is but I don't think it's a woodland, it looks distinct enough from CollectA's in any case. It has to be a North American subspecies since it is part of the NAW collection. I look forward to trying to identify it. Safari makes a reindeer that I like too so I might also end up with that one for a European representative.  :P

bmathison1972

Actually I had forgot the Safari wombat was specifically modeled after the southern hairy-nosed wombat, which is a different species than CollectA's (common wombat)! Still, for that species I have Southlands Replicas, so either way I don't need Safari's wombat (but it's nice; I can tell from your pic alone it's better than promotional pics)

EpicRaptorMan

I have all the extant animals too except for the moon bear which I am still conflicted on

Gwangi

Quote from: bmathison1972 on January 05, 2024, 09:04:09 PMActually I had forgot the Safari wombat was specifically modeled after the southern hairy-nosed wombat, which is a different species than CollectA's (common wombat)! Still, for that species I have Southlands Replicas, so either way I don't need Safari's wombat (but it's nice; I can tell from your pic alone it's better than promotional pics)

Good to know that it's a different species than CollectA's, now I can get that one too.

JimoAi

wait so they actually retired the sei and right whale? I'm not sure but we have the recent collectA right whale which is superior by abit by the sei whale is just sad

Gwangi

Quote from: JimoAi on January 06, 2024, 01:34:58 AMwait so they actually retired the sei and right whale? I'm not sure but we have the recent collectA right whale which is superior by abit by the sei whale is just sad

It seems that way. The email I got promoting the sale said it was a sale on discontinued items.

JimoAi

is there a list of all the items being discontinued? quite concerned for some of the sealife

Gwangi

Quote from: JimoAi on January 06, 2024, 02:35:59 AMis there a list of all the items being discontinued? quite concerned for some of the sealife

I think everything on the current sale page is being discontinued. I believe the email I got for the Blowout Sale said "additional 50% off discontinued items". Maybe @Shane can confirm?

Sim

I've acquired the Papo bull shark!  I'm very happy with it! ^-^

Gwangi

Quote from: Sim on January 07, 2024, 10:16:52 PMI've acquired the Papo bull shark!  I'm very happy with it! ^-^

That's a good one. One of my favorite shark figures. I like it much more than Safari's.

Shane

Quote from: Gwangi on January 06, 2024, 01:36:03 PM
Quote from: JimoAi on January 06, 2024, 02:35:59 AMis there a list of all the items being discontinued? quite concerned for some of the sealife

I think everything on the current sale page is being discontinued. I believe the email I got for the Blowout Sale said "additional 50% off discontinued items". Maybe @Shane can confirm?

If it's on the Sale Page ("Last Call" from the home page drop down top nav menu) it's a good bet it's discontinued. 

However, how long it lasts is dependent on how much inventory remains. Sometimes it's a few, sometimes it's quite a bit.

Gwangi

Quote from: Shane on January 08, 2024, 01:15:29 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on January 06, 2024, 01:36:03 PM

If it's on the Sale Page ("Last Call" from the home page drop down top nav menu) it's a good bet it's discontinued. 

However, how long it lasts is dependent on how much inventory remains. Sometimes it's a few, sometimes it's quite a bit.

That's what I thought. So many great figures being discontinued. Such a shame. At least I was able to get the ones I didn't already have. Happy to see a Last Call page, that's a good idea.

Sim

Today I acquired the Safari oceanic whitetip shark, Safari hyacinth macaw, Safari cockatoo and Schleich fire salamander.  I'm very happy with all of them! ^-^