News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Recent acquisitions

Started by Jetoar, December 06, 2012, 04:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimoAi

some stuff I'm getting this Xmas

2 new prehistoric figures: one new release and the other is a Kaiyodo figure

Invader Zim professor membrane pop figure

SpongeBob pineapple bag

Laugh and grow fat sea animals set 1 and 2

AcroSauroTaurus

I don't get extant animals as often as I used to, but here's one recent addition.
Safari Short-fin Mako
I am the Dinosaur King!

Isidro

It's the mako I have in my collection. Atonishing quality. Good chose!

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: Isidro on December 09, 2023, 05:12:25 AMIt's the mako I have in my collection. Atonishing quality. Good chose!

Originally I wanted the CollectA one, since I like the pose more. But I came across the Safari one in a store and decided to pick it up. Hopefully someone makes a Long-fin Mako at some point...
I am the Dinosaur King!

Sim

Most of my recent acquisitions have been prehistoric animal figures, but I have got one new modern animal figure, the Schleich scarlet macaw!  I like it!

bmathison1972

Some goodies from Japan.

First, a couple from 2023, the Bandai DoLoE silver arowana and Takara flea. I am assuming the flea is Ctenocephalides; it lacks a pronotal comb but has a genal comb, and from I can tell, no fleas have that combination  :o .

Also from 2023, the 'Ape' and Ardipithecus from the Tama-Kyu 'Evolution of Humanity' set. I am databasing the ape as Sahelanthropus.

Lastly, three miscellany. The 2007 Kaiyodo squarespot anthias, the 2023 Kaiyodo little owl (reissue from 2015), and the 2003 Bandai Galapagos land iguana. The Bandai iguana replaces the Kaiyodo version, which is more refined but is on a trophy-style base and is smaller.

I got two more things that aren't shown here. One is an interesting lizard that will be my Blog review tomorrow (or this weekend) and the other is a Bandai beetle that I need to assemble...

sbell

Still waiting on my Japanese order...but these arrived yesterday.

A large (20cm) Hellbender Museum frilled shark, printed and painted, and a printed bichir tomographic image reference model!

Part of a trade for the Bichir Handbook (yes, I bought two!) My final part will be when he uses the book to design a Polypterus ornatipinnis as well!

JimoAi

A merry Christmas to everyone, here's the items I have received. Perhaps my most expensive month yet, I am probably slowing down big time in terms of purchases after this.

Firstly, I have the Animal heavenly body Laugh and Grow Fat sea life series 1 and 2. They're chubby sea animals and some of them have nostalgia factor. Stay tuned for series 1's review!

Next up are my marine life. I opted for smaller more accurate figures like the collectA blue whale over the Papo one and I have some really tiny reef fish. I haven't measured them but they're probably at most a 6th of an inch which may interest someone like @Isidro and scale with many of the larger sea animals. They're part of the mini-verse line with succulents and candles too and are blind boxes. They are meant to be placed in fishbowls but what barnacle head puts live fish in a bowl so I'm ditching that and giving them a proper display.

Next up are my character figures. Finally got a Professor Membrane figure. He is one of my favourite cartoon characters of all time and he shares the same VA as Squidward, who is up there as my fave characters, which I have a figure of him doing the future pose. Alot of SpongeBob merch, including the Pineapple bag and Some pokemon like Quagmire and Spheal, which quickly become my top 10 fave pokemon. Really hooked on Gashapon machines so I have 2: A SpongeBob and a pokemon one. Can't forget about Crush from Finding Nemo! Not pictured is a Squilliam fancyson figure. Nobody wants to see that snobby guy's face and he's not appeared since season 7.

Lastly, are my prehistorics and a mini Krusty Krab for my marine life display. Really liked the Papo Kronosaurus, more so than I thought I would and the only 2 JW world figures I'll get. My OG Mosa tired so I had to get an Ocean protector figure.

This isn't everything as I have some items arriving late due to shipping delays.

Isidro

Merry Christmas!

Quote from: JimoAi on December 24, 2023, 03:00:43 PM...and I have some really tiny reef fish. I haven't measured them but they're probably at most a 6th of an inch which may interest someone like @Isidro and scale with many of the larger sea animals.

Definitely yes yes yes yes!!! I have the CollectA sperm whale and Ikimon coelacanth so I can compare sizes in your pic! And these reef fishes are the exact size I need! They're hardly distinguishable in the photo but there are apparently a copperband butterflyfish, an anemone clownfish and a blue tang (aka Nemo and Dory), the blue tang is smaller even than the Good Luck Minis one so is perfect for me! Are they realistic? There are more species offered? How can I find an online seller?

JimoAi

Quote from: Isidro on December 24, 2023, 04:30:47 PMMerry Christmas!

Quote from: JimoAi on December 24, 2023, 03:00:43 PM...and I have some really tiny reef fish. I haven't measured them but they're probably at most a 6th of an inch which may interest someone like @Isidro and scale with many of the larger sea animals.

Definitely yes yes yes yes!!! I have the CollectA sperm whale and Ikimon coelacanth so I can compare sizes in your pic! And these reef fishes are the exact size I need! They're hardly distinguishable in the photo but there are apparently a copperband butterflyfish, an anemone clownfish and a blue tang (aka Nemo and Dory), the blue tang is smaller even than the Good Luck Minis one so is perfect for me! Are they realistic? There are more species offered? How can I find an online seller?

yep they are well done for their size.

Unfortunately they're blind bag/box figure so best bet is eBay but if you're cuckoo like me ubcan try those blind bags for retail on Amazon or toy shops. They are MGA's Mini-verse Series 1 wave 2 aka with the Copperband butterfly on the package.

For other species, there's a red eared slider, Betta and a pair of goldfishes

Isidro

Thanks a lot! It's a very valuable info, But I don't know what means to "be a cuckoo", hehe. Merry Christmas!

JimoAi

Quote from: Isidro on December 25, 2023, 05:52:26 AMThanks a lot! It's a very valuable info, But I don't know what means to "be a cuckoo", hehe. Merry Christmas!

a moron who splurge money on blind box/gacha

Sim

I've recently acquired the Safari blue-and-yellow macaw and Safari red-and-green macaw.  They are so good!  I'm very happy with them. ^-^

bmathison1972

Quote from: Sim on December 27, 2023, 06:11:40 PMI've recently acquired the Safari blue-and-yellow macaw and Safari red-and-green macaw.  They are so good!  I'm very happy with them. ^-^

I really like the sculpt on the Safari red-and-green macaw; unfortunately, it's missing the characteristic red facial stripes. As such, I went with Mojo.

EpicRaptorMan

Finally got the Papo Muscovy duck which took forever to get.

Firstly, idk why it took Papo so long to get this 2023 item released but I was holding out to order it (alongside others) from HappyHenToys. However, when some of the items in my cart were getting sold out I had to pull the trigger without the Muscovy — the very next day HHT got it in stock argh! Then, a few days later I was offered a free Amazon Prime trial, in which I ordered some things and I was kind of hoping the papo  Muscovy duck would become available before my trial ended....no dice...my trial ended and then two days later it became available!! Argh² At which point I just asked a friend who I knew had prime order the duck for me and I paid them back.

Probably the biggest hassle I ever had to endure from collecting animal figures (that weren't discontinued)

JimoAi

my final haul for the year:

Got the carnegie T rex as it was the right rex for my scaling needs and is well researched to despite being somewhat outdated though in my defence there's a heavy emphasis on 1/35 figures nowadays

The yujin octopus which is one of the best octopus figure. its tiny here because it's arms are curled up

Got a popmart Mr Krabs for my marine life display. He looks extra thick but I gotta remind myself that he's a crab so he's packing an extra tough set of exoskeleton. They don't call him armour abs Krabs

Lastly, I got the mini verse Betta and slider whilst trying to find a replacement Clownfish as eBay shipping is crazy to my location. I've forked out an ungoldy amount of money that I could've spent on a new cosplay, food, apparel or even better figures on a half an inch long Clownfish figure. Safe to say I'm giving mini-verse a big third finger from here

bmathison1972

Thanks to the post by @Saarlooswolfhound I got the Papo 'standing' beaver. I am going to go along with the idea it's a North American, not only because of the posture but also the tail is broader as in the American (whther that was a coincidence or deliberate by Papo, I do not know). Replaces Safari!

Fembrogon

Safari Ltd. works FAST! This lot arrived yesterday, just three days after I placed the order.

A few of these were listed under the blowout sale, but I also had plenty of Berniebucks rewards to help out too. Safari really does make some nice sharks, and I'm delighted to own the new Incredible Creatures herps. The elephant is a more "mainstream" animal than I usually get, but it'll make a good display figure with other 1:30-1:40 scale replicas, for size comparison.

Fembrogon

Another little haul to start off the year, this time from Happy Hen Toys:

They've been sending me email adverts about their various sale items, so I finally took the bait. Most everything here was discounted to a small or large degree. (although the wall lizard is specifically your fault, @bmathison1972  :P )

Focus shot of the extants:

Mojo crocodile & perentie, Papo lizard, and Schleich great white shark.

bmathison1972

Happy to influence. I think we have all done that to one another enough LOL