News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Recent acquisitions

Started by Jetoar, December 06, 2012, 04:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EpicRaptorMan

Forgive me for not mentioning the brands, but these are my most recent ones from the past couple months:

-#381 Great Horned Owl
-#382 Emperor Angelfish
-#383 Baird's Tapir
-#384 Argentine Horned Frog
-#385 Horseshoe Crab
-#386 Keel-billed Toucan
-#387 Pacific Angel Shark
-#388 Amazon Pink River Dolphin
-#389 Goblin Shark
-#390 Numbat
-#391 Eastern-barred Bandicoot
-#392 Frilled Shark
-#393 Leafy Sea Dragon
-#394 Xingu River Ray
-#395 Box Jellyfish
-#396 Dodo
-#397 Vine Snake
-#398 Muntjac
-#399 Blue-ringed Octopus
-#400 Scarlet Ibis
-#401 Flying Fish
-#402 Chipmunk
-#403 Rock Ptarmigan
-#404 Roan Antelope
-#405 Malayan Leaf Frog

I got a matamata and a BatRay on the way for figures 406 & 407 respectively.

EpicRaptorMan

Actually the matamata did come in! It was smaller so I didn't notice it and threw it away. Good thing I double checked because tomorrow morning is trash day.  :o

NSD Bashe

:(  Dang I always worry about accidentally throwing small figures away somehow, especially with a lot of safety packaging (not that I don't appreciate the cautious delivery mind you)  Glad you looked again

EpicRaptorMan

Here we go. A photo of my most recent acquisitions.

I'm going to repaint the emperor angelfish a bit. And I finished the roan antelope repaint @Saarlooswolfhound. The Colorata Chinese Sturgeon is shown (smaller)

bmathison1972

wonderful assortment, EpicRaptorMan!

Saarlooswolfhound

That repaint looks great! Nice work and congrats on the new additions!

EpicRaptorMan

@Saarlooswolfhound appreciate. The repaint was definitely one of my quickest ones yet.

I may go back and shorten the horns a tad more. Or I may leave them.

Koifish

Finally, here are my latest acquisitions:

Leopard seal (Safari Ltd)

Jaguar and African painted dog (Safari Ltd); found a shop in my local mall that has a Safari Ltd display, really excited about that; both of these were much needed in my synoptic collection.

And here is the Quagga pair I got from eBay, which seem to be knock-off molds from the Schleich Plains Zebra. They came with a round tag that says "Animal Paradise". There is no other identifying brand on them. I don't own the Schleich figures, but I would imagine they are the same size. The mare is listed as being 12x8.7cm and the foal 6.8x8.6cm. They also look as though they would match the Mojo Quagga quite well, though that is another one that I don't have, so I can't compare them. It would be really nice if we saw the species being represented by Collecta, Safari, and Schleich, but they seem to pretend as though animals that were lost to extinction within the last 500-100 years just never existed. Nevermind all the fantasy creatures and obscure Permian and Mesozoic fauna they churn out yearly 🙄 Did you know that there has yet to be a figure made of an Aurochs? /saltiness

Compared with the Collecta Plains zebra adult and foal:

Bluestem Zoo | Collector of mainly late Pleistocene-Holocene animal figures | Come visit my zoo! | THIS HOBBY NEEDS MORE RECENTLY-EXTINCT SPECIES!!

EpicRaptorMan

I like the quagga. I recently repainted my own, but I still may snag this one.

Another seller on eBay also has them for sale but is allowing offers. So I shot them one.
Additionally it is also on AliExpress for cheaper still.

Koifish

Two recent acquisitions, and probably my last two for a while as I'm saving funds to improve my PC

Safari Ltd Pygmy hippopotamus (scales nicely with the Papo female common hippo; forgot to take additional photos, but I will soon)

TNG Smilodon (probably the only Smilodon figure out currently that is acceptable to me and isn't huge or cartoonish; though I have my eye on the upcoming figure from Creative Beast Studio).
Bluestem Zoo | Collector of mainly late Pleistocene-Holocene animal figures | Come visit my zoo! | THIS HOBBY NEEDS MORE RECENTLY-EXTINCT SPECIES!!

bmathison1972

Got a few things rolling in over the next week(s) so I'll be posting here a few times.

First up, two Trendmasters figures from the Amazon Predators collection, the Venezuelan red howler and the black caiman. Interesting, they have the wrong Latin name for the caiman, so I guess it can be either the black or spectacled caiman depending on which name is used. I would database it as the black.

I am still undecided if I will retain the caiman; there aren't many options for the species, yet.

Sim

Well, I received the first animal figures for my extant animal collection today!  They are the Mojo alligator, crocodile and anaconda.  I'm amazed by how good and realistic they are!  I'm also surprised by how good Mojo's modern animals are, in contrast to their prehistoric ones.  My favourite of these figures is the alligator, but I like them all a lot.

bmathison1972

Quote from: Sim on September 25, 2023, 08:01:14 PMWell, I received the first animal figures for my extant animal collection today!  They are the Mojo alligator, crocodile and anaconda.  I'm amazed by how good and realistic they are!  I'm also surprised by how good Mojo's modern animals are, in contrast to their prehistoric ones.  My favourite of these figures is the alligator, but I like them all a lot.

I am glad you found things satisfactory for your tastes!

bmathison1972

More monkey business! Got a small lot of small primates on eBay that had the Safari TOOB masked titi and common woolly monkey and K&M mantled guereza!

bmathison1972

And these came today. The Ampelosaurus will be my next Blog review on the DTB

Saarlooswolfhound

So many great new additions everyone!

@Sim, I am glad you are happy with your choices. So you did go with the Mojo Nile crocodile afterall?

@Blaine, nice monkeys! I love the woolly model. It is actually quite nice for a toob figure.

bmathison1972

Quote from: Saarlooswolfhound on September 26, 2023, 11:25:24 PMSo many great new additions everyone!

@Sim, I am glad you are happy with your choices. So you did go with the Mojo Nile crocodile afterall?

@Blaine, nice monkeys! I love the woolly model. It is actually quite nice for a toob figure.

yeah the woolly is by far the best in that trio, and it's a good size too

EpicRaptorMan

I saw the woolly being sold individually, but I'm not sure if it's a good enough size for I

Sim

Thanks @Saarlooswolfhound!  Yes, the crocodile I got is the Mojo Nile crocodile.  I love it.  I have another crocodile coming as well...

Saarlooswolfhound

That is exciting Sim. I am glad the Mojo croc won you over... it is a nice figure. Not perfect, but rather nice IMO.