Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Recent acquisitions

Started by Jetoar, December 06, 2012, 04:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackdanter

New acquisitions:

Four nice beetles. I have no idea who the maker is! They are simply marked China and numbered 1 to 4. The last on the right seems to be Dynastes hercules but can anyone ID the others?

Epoch Horseshoe Crab

Safari Red Salamander (Thanks to Andre for this one  ;D)

brontodocus

Ah, great to see the Red Salamander has arrived, John! :) The beetles are somewhat generic so I am not 100% sure. I can't identify the stag beetle on the left at the moment. The light brown one with the long horn is either Megasoma elephas or Megasoma noguerai. The black stag beetle looks a little like Mesotopus tarandus but the tips of the mandibles are very strange. The beetle on the right is entirely dark which suggests Dynastes neptunus. If the cephalic horn (the lower of the two) is about as long as the pronotal one (the upper one) and two spines below the base of the latter are present which both point forward - then it's D. neptunus.

Today I received a parcel containing this (just to complete my Wildlife Wonders again, eh, among others... ;D ):

widukind

Phantastic newcomers !! Big congrats blackdanter and brontodocus  :) :) :) :)

Jetoar

Very nice acquisitions  ;).
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

blackdanter

Here are the 3 lizards that arrived with the salamanders posted a short while ago. The salamanders are certainly PV copies or modified remolds. The lizard on the left also falls into that bracket but what about the other two? Anyone have any ideas or species ID? As with the salamanders, they are very good quality and marked only with 'CE' and 'China'. As the salamanders were all American species I'd imagine that these lizards are as well but, as these were loose figures acquired as a group rather than a set, I cannot actually be certain that they were originally sold in this grouping! Thanks.

sauroid

cool lizards blackdanter. wish i could help but i have no idea.
fresh from the box Nayab hippo.

Battatitan

Quote from: sauroid on July 01, 2013, 03:28:46 PM

Great hippo, one that's full of character and one I haven't seen before. Even better, it's one of those rare figures which aren't displaying their impressive teeth. I'd better get searching!

sbell

Quote from: Battatitan on July 02, 2013, 09:14:59 PM
Quote from: sauroid on July 01, 2013, 03:28:46 PM

Great hippo, one that's full of character and one I haven't seen before. Even better, it's one of those rare figures which aren't displaying their impressive teeth. I'd better get searching!

The original Schleich cow hippo was also closed-mouth.

sauroid

she is beautiful indeed, though her snout isnt large enough. i'd like to think of it as a juvenile female hippo (to justify the underdeveloped head).

Battatitan

Quote from: sbell on July 02, 2013, 09:41:36 PM
The original Schleich cow hippo was also closed-mouth.

I know; as are the new Mojo, Britains and one of Safari's. It's just a shame that the closed-mouth pose is perceived as uninspiring for an educational toy, whereas for us collectors a sea of gaping hippo mouths becomes rather tiresome.

Quote from: sauroid on July 02, 2013, 09:43:48 PM
she is beautiful indeed, though her snout isnt large enough. i'd like to think of it as a juvenile female hippo (to justify the underdeveloped head).

Interesting thought, and great reasoning, Sauroid! I suppose she makes for a more diverse collection.

blackdanter

My wife thinks we have an infestation! Can't think why?

Sega beetles. Small (Gashapon) sized series. Very nice, detailed figures. The larger beetle is also a Sega. It's one of the premium beetle series which are similar to Subarudo. Really rare figures so I'm pleased to have this one  ;)

I haven't gotten around to fixing the minor warping issues yet!

Just when you think you have a handle on what's out there something unexpected turns up! I had no idea that Kabaya ever released a set of beetle figures! They're really nice for smaller sized figures and I'm really pleased with them. They also come with game cards so probably date from around the time of the Mushiking craze.

Just to throw a bit of a curve ball at you! I got this rather large Blip Toys Rattlesnake. Very hefty and imposing figure. I'm not really much of a snake fan but I really like this figure!  ;)

sauroid

very cool new ones backdanter.
(btw, i have a lot of beetle figures that i'd like you to ID (brands) if it's possible.)

postsaurischian

:) Nature Techni Colour 'Nature of Japan Vol.01' No.05 ~ Red-crowned Crane - Grus japonensis

brontodocus

Quote from: blackdanter on July 07, 2013, 10:23:34 AM
My wife thinks we have an infestation! Can't think why?

Rearing real tropical rhinoceros and stag beetles may draw off the attention from the beetle figures, really. ;D
Nice rattlesnake, too, by the way. Hmm, is "Blip Toys" the same as "Nature's Wonders" which seems to be the predecessor of CollectA?

Quote from: postsaurischian on July 08, 2013, 05:05:46 PM
:) Nature Techni Colour 'Nature of Japan Vol.01' No.05 ~ Red-crowned Crane - Grus japonensis

Congrats, Helge! :) And just that you posted a figure that reminds us of Niroot, your parcel has arrived two days ago... :D :D :D

Wow, many, many thanks. :-[ ^-^ I cannot describe how I felt when I unpacked it and found that you actually sent me the Kaiyodo Study Room Bongo - together with a print of Niroot's "Hugs Bison". :D

sauroid

you guys have awesome new additions. congrats. :)
i only have these two :(
asahiyama zoo vol.3 #3

asahiyama zoo vol.3 #4

Jetoar

Penguins with the diver are wonderful. Congrats  ^-^
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

sauroid

KathyAnderson

I love looking at all the pictures! :)
I like Puppy in my Pockets and Littlest Pet Shop.
~Kathy~

docronnie

I was hunting for dinos 2 days ago, but could not resist buying these animals.  They are so life-like, cute and looks like made of ceramic, but they're not.

The only marks on them are R-M.  I searched all night but could not find who made them, until I discovered yesterday, from another forum that they could be made by Re-Ment and they are.

Here are what I got:

All of them

Ducklings

Wild pigs

Bear

Donkey

TFL!

brontodocus

Wow, those Asahiyama Zoo figures are brilliant, Sauroid! :) And congrats, docronnie, I think they are very cute and indeed they would fit into what I've seen by Re-Ment so far. :) I'm just guessing, too, but I even thought of Re-Ment before I read about the "R-M".