Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Recent acquisitions

Started by Jetoar, December 06, 2012, 04:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brontodocus

Congrats, John! :) Didn't know that colour version of the cuttlefish before. The lizard looks a lot like a plated lizard, Gerrhosaurus sp.

Jetoar

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

widukind

A lot of phantastic figurines here!! Congrats for all  :) :) :)

blackdanter

AAA critters part 2

Hardcore Prawn!

Prawn (labelled 'Unreadable Prawn')
Crab (labelled 'Crab')
Chamaeleon (labelled 'Common Chamaeleon'
Crab (labelled 'Crab')

These crabs look quite different from the others I've seen. Anyone have any idea on what species they may be?

widukind

Jetoar

Very nice acquistions  ^-^.

blackdanter

I acquired a few of these figures. There are six altogether, 3 lizards and (more interestingly for me) these 3 salamanders. They appear to be:

Marbled Salamander (Ambystoma opacum)
Long Tailed Salamander (Eurycea longicauda)
Northern Red Salamander (Pseudotriton ruber) or Mud Salamander (Pseudotriton montanus)

As they're all American species, I assume they were made for an American company? All figures are marked 'China' & CE mark but nothing else. They are very good quality (not usual China figures).

Anyone seen these before or know what company they were made for?

sauroid

just got these:
Britains indian rhino

safari ltd 1996 giraffe calf

AAA rabbit

china made manta ray (please confirm if there are real brown manta rays)

stemturtle

Quote from: blackdanter on June 15, 2013, 12:14:20 PM
I acquired a few of these figures. There are six altogether, 3 lizards and (more interestingly for me) these 3 salamanders. They appear to be:

Northern Red Salamander (Pseudotriton ruber) or Mud Salamander (Pseudotriton montanus)

As they're all American species, I assume they were made for an American company? All figures are marked 'China' & CE mark but nothing else. They are very good quality (not usual China figures).

Dinocat62 posted a photo of salamanders here.  The 3 that you asked about are similar to the Play Visions set of 6 from 1995, but not from the same molds.  You have identified them correctly, where PV calls theirs a Northern red rather than a mud.  I have only 5, missing the mudpuppy, which Sbell has.  The other 2 species in the PV set not shown in your photo are the spotted and the Eastern long-toed.

Jetoar

Cogratulations for your new figures  ^-^.

blackdanter

Quote from: sauroid on June 15, 2013, 02:41:45 PM
just got these:
Britains indian rhino

I had a few of those as a child. There was also a calf and another Rhino version or separate species as I recall.

blackdanter

Quote from: stemturtle on June 15, 2013, 08:19:33 PM
Quote from: blackdanter on June 15, 2013, 12:14:20 PM

Dinocat62 posted a photo of salamanders here.  The 3 that you asked about are similar to the Play Visions set of 6 from 1995, but not from the same molds.  You have identified them correctly, where PV calls theirs a Northern red rather than a mud.  I have only 5, missing the mudpuppy, which Sbell has.  The other 2 species in the PV set not shown in your photo are the spotted and the Eastern long-toed.

Thanks Stemturtle. I wasn't expecting a PV tie with these as I had no idea PV made Salamanders. They are really nice little figures and, compared to my PV prehistoric amphibians, they're very similar and made out of the same material. I'll post the three lizards at some point to see whether they have the same ancestry.

blackdanter

OkapiBoy

It's been a while, but here are my latest additions
Papo Indian rhino and calf, Safari wildebeest and calf, AAA bison
[]

sauroid

sbell

Finally, after so long, I managed to get the Kaiyodo Enoshima Aquarium Asian Arowana. For well under $20 (which may have been the hardest part). It's a great figure, and I'm glad I was able to add it to the collection. Now I just have to wait until we move to our new house, where I can have a collection room again, and put it out somewhere!

blackdanter

Quote from: sbell on June 21, 2013, 06:32:55 AM
Finally, after so long, I managed to get the Kaiyodo Enoshima Aquarium Asian Arowana. For well under $20 (which may have been the hardest part). It's a great figure, and I'm glad I was able to add it to the collection. Now I just have to wait until we move to our new house, where I can have a collection room again, and put it out somewhere!

Congrats Sean. I've been drooling over that one for a long time too. Like yourself, I just can't bring myself to pay what a lot of sellers are asking. That said, it could be argued that it's an investment piece I guess (at least, that's what I'd tell the wife!). Please post some pics  ;)

sbell

Quote from: blackdanter on June 21, 2013, 11:25:05 AM
Quote from: sbell on June 21, 2013, 06:32:55 AM

Congrats Sean. I've been drooling over that one for a long time too. Like yourself, I just can't bring myself to pay what a lot of sellers are asking. That said, it could be argued that it's an investment piece I guess (at least, that's what I'd tell the wife!). Please post some pics  ;)

I know--it seems that even when it first came out it was demanding insane $$$. I will get pics when I have access to my camera again. Things have been a mess for the last few months, and with a move in the next few weeks it won't get better soon...

sbell

I forgot to mention--I also recently picked up some small Malagasy animals from the Wild Republic tube. A Coquerel's Sifaka, a Ruffed lemur, a Giant Day Gecko and 2 Fossas (why two? Why not? Also, the first and only now-discontinued fossa that I know of). I got them from TapirBack, which appears to be the last place to get any of them as WR has discontinued the tube (of course...) which means no leaf-tailed gecko for me :(. I also skipped the Nile Croc, Tortoise and Tomato Frog but she still has them.

blackdanter

Quote from: sbell on June 26, 2013, 04:14:00 AM
I forgot to mention--I also recently picked up some small Malagasy animals from the Wild Republic tube. A Coquerel's Sifaka, a Ruffed lemur, a Giant Day Gecko and 2 Fossas (why two? Why not? Also, the first and only now-discontinued fossa that I know of). I got them from TapirBack, which appears to be the last place to get any of them as WR has discontinued the tube (of course...) which means no leaf-tailed gecko for me :(. I also skipped the Nile Croc, Tortoise and Tomato Frog but she still has them.

I've been trying to find the River Life tube. I only want the Salamander out of it but the only seller I can find is in Germany and wants £15 for it!