Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Recent acquisitions

Started by Jetoar, December 06, 2012, 04:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ana

Congratulations! Great additions! :D

Jetoar

Quote from: Ana on May 20, 2013, 01:17:18 PM
Congratulations! Great additions! :D

Thanks Ana for your words  ^-^!
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

brontodocus

Wow, congrats, blackdanter & Jetoar! :)
I guess I've seen German versions of this "Vida Intima de los Animales" books as a child in the late 1970s, the artwork looks very familiar.
Quote from: blackdanter on May 19, 2013, 01:29:23 PM
Ah, glad they arrived safely. You'll be pleased to know that the package containing the Subarudo Hornet arrived on Saturday so I'll get that out to you. I should also have the T-Arts Batocera on it's way to me if you're interested?
Oh, yes, I'd love to have both! ^-^
Quote from: blackdanter on May 19, 2013, 09:18:03 AM
AAA labelled Rhinoceros Beetle (looks like a dung beetle of some sort!)
I'm quite sure it's indeed a rhinoceros beetle, only this time it's a female (they are almost always devoid of any horns and a good deal smaller than their male counterparts. AAA made a Chalcosoma caucasus male (picture #30 in this post) and this could indeed be the corresponding female.

blackdanter

blackdanter

Quote from: brontodocus on May 20, 2013, 01:31:59 PM
Wow, congrats, blackdanter & Jetoar! :)
I guess I've seen German versions of this "Vida Intima de los Animales" books as a child in the late 1970s, the artwork looks very familiar.
Quote from: blackdanter on May 19, 2013, 01:29:23 PM
Ah, glad they arrived safely. You'll be pleased to know that the package containing the Subarudo Hornet arrived on Saturday so I'll get that out to you. I should also have the T-Arts Batocera on it's way to me if you're interested?
Oh, yes, I'd love to have both! ^-^
Quote from: blackdanter on May 19, 2013, 09:18:03 AM
AAA labelled Rhinoceros Beetle (looks like a dung beetle of some sort!)
I'm quite sure it's indeed a rhinoceros beetle, only this time it's a female (they are almost always devoid of any horns and a good deal smaller than their male counterparts. AAA made a Chalcosoma caucasus male (picture #30 in this post) and this could indeed be the corresponding female.

Ah, thanks Brontodocus. Having looked at the male, although different over all colours, the patterning on the wing cases is very similar. I was also confused about the crab but I see it has been identified in the identification thread  ;)

blackdanter

Quote from: sbell on May 19, 2013, 04:56:09 PM
Quote from: blackdanter on May 19, 2013, 01:18:59 PM
Quote from: Jetoar on May 19, 2013, 10:56:23 AM
Wonderful  figures^^

Thanks Jetoar. I really don't have a preference with this little group at all. I like them all! Having said that, the Chap Mei is one of those figures you keep picking up to have a look at ;O)

The funny thing is, of the whole line of (now defunct) Bullyland freshwater fish, those are the only two I have as well!

Thanks Sean, I hadn't realised that the fish were discontinued. I passed on the other three, one was I think a Salmon but I can't remember what the other two were  :) Do you know how many there were in the original fish group?

sbell

Quote from: blackdanter on May 21, 2013, 07:55:45 AM
Wonderful  figures^^

Thanks Jetoar. I really don't have a preference with this little group at all. I like them all! Having said that, the Chap Mei is one of those figures you keep picking up to have a look at ;O)

The funny thing is, of the whole line of (now defunct) Bullyland freshwater fish, those are the only two I have as well!

Thanks Sean, I hadn't realised that the fish were discontinued. I passed on the other three, one was I think a Salmon but I can't remember what the other two were  :) Do you know how many there were in the original fish group?

I think there were 6 total--I'm guessing a carp, a couple salmonids...no idea on the last. Maybe there were only 5? As I said, I only got the 2 I liked.

Aaaannnnddd here's a site with 5. Good guesses, huh! ;D

blackdanter

Quote from: sbell on May 22, 2013, 04:03:05 AM
Quote from: blackdanter on May 21, 2013, 07:55:45 AM
Wonderful  figures^^

I think there were 6 total--I'm guessing a carp, a couple salmonids...no idea on the last. Maybe there were only 5? As I said, I only got the 2 I liked.

Aaaannnnddd here's a site with 5. Good guesses, huh! ;D

Thanks Sean, that's interesting. There definitely wasn't a carp amongst those I was offered so you must have been correct at the six mark. I think the other three were something like a Salmon, Trout and something that reminded me of a Dace or similar (not Carp like at all).

Here's the remainder of the figures I got last week. I had trouble with my photo hosting account at the time so couldn't post them ................ and then forgot ..................... and then remembered again (the joys of getting older huh?).

Three lizards:

AAA Lizard labelled Iguana
Bullyland Tokay Gecko
Bullyland Six Lined Race Runner

stemturtle

Here is a listing on German eBay for a set of 3 Bullyland fish: a brook trout, a salmon, and a blue whitefish.  The total in the set may exceed 6.

EDIT:  The "blue whitefish" is called a whitefish on the box.

brontodocus

Awww, finally some preordered CollectAs arrived!  :D

Seriously, the horns on the Markhor are the sharpest I've ever seen on a toy figure, and they are quite rigid, too. Great for us collectors because they look really good. Probably not so good for very little children, though.

sauroid

wow cool new ones. im jealous.

Jetoar

Confrats for your new acquisitions. I think the same that you. Zebra shark are very nice  ^-^.

sbell

THose look great. Too bad the Canadian supplier doesn't seem to know how to get stock in a timely manner...

Jetoar

Yesterday I bought these toys that from my point of view, they are wonderful  ^-^.

Ocean playset of Animal in Action (deadly 60) and asian animal zoo of playmobil ^-^.

stemturtle

Bullyland Freshwater Fish

Here is a scan of the box showing 7 species of Bullyland freshwater fish.  The eBay seller who was mentioned in Reply # 228 charged a total of 17.99 Euros (about $24.00) for a set of 3 fish, including postage to the US.

blackdanter

Quote from: stemturtle on June 01, 2013, 06:35:16 PM

Bullyland Freshwater Fish

Here is a scan of the box showing 7 species of Bullyland freshwater fish.  The eBay seller who was mentioned in Reply # 228 charged a total of 17.99 Euros (about $24.00) for a set of 3 fish, including postage to the US.

Thanks for posting that stemturtle. I'd say you got a pretty good price there what with the postage and all. It seems that the Carp, Pike and Eel are the tougher ones to source (or at least the more sought after figures - if that applies where fish figures are concerned!). I think I'll pick up the others I was offered now as I quite like the look of them.

Jetoar

Sorry I have forgotten these images.

Mcdonalds nature science toys  ^-^.

Battatitan

Quote from: brontodocus on May 30, 2013, 12:03:26 PM
Awww, finally some preordered CollectAs arrived!  :D

Seriously, the horns on the Markhor are the sharpest I've ever seen on a toy figure, and they are quite rigid, too. Great for us collectors because they look really good. Probably not so good for very little children, though.

Great additions, Brontodocus, many congratulations. They are some of CollectA's finest. :D

sauroid

i just received these.
Colorata golden eagle and northern goshawk

blackdanter

Three AAA critters:

Cuttlefish
Tortoise (Labelled 'Star Tortoise')
Lizard (Labelled 'Giant Plated Lizard')