News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Recent acquisitions

Started by Jetoar, December 06, 2012, 04:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Isidro

The Kurosio Komekko potato grouper, in my wishlist :)
Lovely moray too!

bmathison1972

Got three packages today.

First, the PNSO Olorotitan, Tsintaosaurus, and Dakosaurus:

Next a couple of the aforementioned Kinder Joy animals. I had seen these last year when they were released in Europe. They are very nice in-hand; I am glad @Gwangi re-inspired me to get them! The desert box turtle and American red squirrel:

I also got this flat barn front on eBay and the CollectA wooden fencing, for when livestock comes up in the daily 'Museum' posts:

Lastly I got some REALLY COOL arthropods from Japan; but you'll have to wait for my next Blog review and/or an upcoming forum post for those...

sbell

Got my first 2022 CollectA yesterday! Faster than usual!

Smok

with Lisowiscia (and a Wizkids Sapphire Dragon):

Cooperoceras

Also a whole bunch of Japan goodies a few days before!

Thanks to MiniZoo for the first two and @brettnj for the last one!

bmathison1972

Smok looks nice; I wonder if the Smok was inspired by the Gabriel Ugueto painting showing it attacking Lisowicia.

I really like those small Eikoh. I would get half of them if they were 'standard sized' :)

sbell

Quote from: bmathison1972 on March 25, 2022, 01:36:44 PM
Smok looks nice; I wonder if the Smok was inspired by the Gabriel Ugueto painting showing it attacking Lisowicia.

I really like those small Eikoh. I would get half of them if they were 'standard sized' :)

It's an especially nice model. Always like the weird archosaurs!

The Eikohs are pretty decent, and I'm kind of glad they're smaller. They take enough room as it is.

callmejoe3

I am glad to announce my acquistion of the long-coveted Kaiyodo Aqualand 1/35 Sperm Whale Garage Kit!

NSD Bashe

NSD Bashe

Congrats on obtaining your great whale, sounds like you really went all out for it

EpicRaptorMan

CBIOV Sichuan Takin came in.

Packaging was phenomenal came with a box with foam cut-to-shape and came with a Sichuan Takin post card and a little plastic fact card.

The figure itself is really heavy and is kinda big.

bmathison1972

Thanks to @Ikessauro for altering me to this Holy Grail figure, the Safari Ltd. Smithsonian monarch! This was the LAST in the collection for me to acquire (technically, I am missing 2/3 bumblebees, but at least I have one).

bmathison1972

And today, got the Smok. Took advantage of ordering from Minizoo and threw in the original S.R. brumby, so I don't have to settle for the Mojo re-release later this year

Fembrogon

Some new plush toys arrived for me from Amazon yesterday. I've been eyeballing the Wild Republic giant squid for a while and I noticed it went down in price. While I was adding it to my cart, I stumbled across an adorable tardigrade plush, as well as a Japanese-brand (TST Advance?) Anomalocaris which was also on sale. I couldn't resist.

Here's another shot of the extant two:

I've bought and liked a couple of other Wild Republic animals before, and the squid doesn't look to disappoint. The tardigrade, however, is very nearly stealing the show with how charming it is. The mouthpart can extend just slightly - although I'm not sure if that's cute or maybe a little vulgar-looking.

bmathison1972

Ooooo tardigrade! You should review it for the Blog :-D

bmathison1972

these came in to me while the forum was down:

EpicRaptorMan

@Fembrogon that's so cool I bought the exact same Anomalocaris like 7 years ago.

@bmathison1972 where'd you buy the Papo from?

My newest acquisition are:
Safari Ltd Canadian lynx, American Alligator, Chinstrap penguin, & white-tip reef shark. Also CBIOV Sichuan Takin.

bmathison1972

Quote from: EpicRaptorMan on April 14, 2022, 05:44:05 AM
@Fembrogon that's so cool I bought the exact same Anomalocaris like 7 years ago.

@bmathison1972 where'd you buy the Papo from?

My newest acquisition are:
Safari Ltd Canadian lynx, American Alligator, Chinstrap penguin, & white-tip reef shark. Also CBIOV Sichuan Takin.

@EpicRaptorMan - I get my new Papo from German eBay dealer  spieleundkonsolen

EpicRaptorMan

were we ever able to conclude a specific species for the Papo hummingbird? I don't think so

bmathison1972

Quote from: EpicRaptorMan on April 14, 2022, 04:35:12 PM
were we ever able to conclude a specific species for the Papo hummingbird? I don't think so

there were two good suggestions, the blue-headed hummingbird (Cyanophaia bicolor) and the blue-chinned sapphire (Chlorestes notata). I am databasing mine as C. bicolor.

Ikessauro

Quote from: bmathison1972 on March 30, 2022, 10:20:06 PM
Thanks to @Ikessauro for altering me to this Holy Grail figure, the Safari Ltd. Smithsonian monarch! This was the LAST in the collection for me to acquire (technically, I am missing 2/3 bumblebees, but at least I have one).

Happy to help a fellow collector!  :))

I got this PV Marine Iguana recently. Quite larger than I expected it to be.

JimoAi

FB_IMG_1650171814503.jpg my latest additions + found a lost model