News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Recent acquisitions

Started by Jetoar, December 06, 2012, 04:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmathison1972

@JimoAi - I think I see these:

Kaiyodo Azeltodichthys
Kaiyodo Anhanguera (?)
Kaiyodo Lake Biwa trout
Kaiyodo Eurypterus
Kaiyodo Linuparus trigonus (box lobster)

JimoAi

Quote from: bmathison1972 on February 11, 2022, 02:55:17 PM
@JimoAi - I think I see these:

Kaiyodo Azeltodichthys
Kaiyodo Anhanguera (?)
Kaiyodo Lake Biwa trout
Kaiyodo Eurypterus
Kaiyodo Linuparus trigonus (box lobster)
All right except the second one. Alr have the kaiyodo anhangeura. Maybe try the others too

JimoAi

Got a package from Japan. Not the most exciting but certainly a unique bunch. Got another Japan package from @brettnj soon as well as a few more here and there
FB_IMG_1645099574707.jpg

Isidro

Is that lobster a Linuparus trigonus? Exciting one!

JimoAi

Quote from: Isidro on February 18, 2022, 07:36:59 AM
I guess? Maybe @bmathison1972 will know. I'm a fish expert, not an arthropod  :P

bmathison1972

Quote from: JimoAi on February 18, 2022, 09:01:30 AM
I guess? Maybe @bmathison1972 will know. I'm a fish expert, not an arthropod  :P

Yes it is; I featured it already here: http://animaltoyforum.com/index.php?topic=2715.msg30769;topicseen#msg30769

JimoAi

Quote from: bmathison1972 on February 18, 2022, 11:40:31 AM
Quote from: JimoAi on February 18, 2022, 09:01:30 AM

Yes it is; I featured it already here: http://animaltoyforum.com/index.php?topic=2715.msg30769;topicseen#msg30769
The tail underneath seems unfinished tho

Isidro

Thanks Blaine, I cheek every of your Museum posts, but I forget things easily :P I wish a much smaller version of same figure were produced :)

EpicRaptorMan

Safari Ltd Cougar and American Alligator came in.

I already knew the gator was too large for my preferences but the cougar, too, as it is now the largest cat by far in my collection. One of the cougar's eyes is mispainted as well and it appears to have a lazy eye

bmathison1972

Quote from: EpicRaptorMan on February 23, 2022, 06:30:09 PM
Safari Ltd Cougar and American Alligator came in.

I already knew the gator was too large for my preferences but the cougar, too, as it is now the largest cat by far in my collection. One of the cougar's eyes is mispainted as well and it appears to have a lazy eye

the cougar is too big? Did you inadvertently buy the Wildlife Wonders version?

EpicRaptorMan

no. It's just rather large. Dwarfing my lions and bears. It's about the size of my cape buffalo or bison

bmathison1972

Quote from: EpicRaptorMan on February 24, 2022, 12:57:25 AM
no. It's just rather large. Dwarfing my lions and bears. It's about the size of my cape buffalo or bison

oh ok. I don't recall it being that big; most of my big cats are by Safari or Papo

JimoAi

FB_IMG_1645783757824.jpg a mix bag of a haul: on one hand, the safari ltd figures and the upscaled Colorata Cameroceras are great but on the other hand, the large rays and Megalodon @sbell avoid these...Just no for me. Won't be buying those sus oenux figures for a long time. And the reason why my mood dragged Abit for this: just like Dino Scream, my quetzal had 2 missing digits but at least it has the unpainted ver which I'll be repainting soon.

SerAndrew

JimoAi

Quote from: SerAndrew on February 25, 2022, 10:49:21 AM
Is that PNSO Megalodon?
A bootleg combination of the new and old one

Isidro

That toob komodo dragon is in my wishlist. The yellow-bellied sea snake would be a great addition for me too, if was not by the disproportionated head

JimoAi

Quote from: Isidro on February 25, 2022, 09:01:41 PM
That toob komodo dragon is in my wishlist. The yellow-bellied sea snake would be a great addition for me too, if was not by the disproportionated head
The toob sea snake is way to big like 1:8 scale

bmathison1972

A plethora of Papo came in, finishing 2021 and the first from 2022.

I had three orders from the same German eBay dealer, over a month's period, but all three packages came in within a few days of each other LOL.

European lobster, Homarus gammarus
common hermit crab, Pagurus bernhardus (STS forum member ID, but I concur
tiger shrimp, Penaeus monodon (my ID)
brown-lipped snail, Cepaea nemoralis
clouded yellow, Colias croceus
Old World swallowtail, Papilio machaon
black garden ant, Lasius niger (my ID)
Camargue bill

I already reviewed the lobster on the Blog. Over the next few weeks, I'll cover the clouded yellow, snail, and swallowtail (along with its larva that I received earlier in 2021). After all that, if not reviewed or claimed, I will probably do the ant.

Isidro

Nice bunch of new Papos, I'm glad that you swallowtail have not displaced the painting on right forewing, as happened to other collectors.

bmathison1972

Quote from: Isidro on March 01, 2022, 10:15:40 AM
Nice bunch of new Papos, I'm glad that you swallowtail have not displaced the painting on right forewing, as happened to other collectors.

It does, but not as bad as seen on Megaptera's (STS)