News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Recent acquisitions

Started by Jetoar, December 06, 2012, 04:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NSD Bashe

How's this for an accurate specimen...

pirateangler.jpg

pirateangler2.jpg

BlueKrono

@NSD Bashe Lol, that's hilarious! Where'd that come from?

@bmathison1972 Congratulations! That is a fun accomplished. My hunt for the PV lanternfly still continues.
I like turtles.

NSD Bashe

@BlueKrono I just found it on eBay, the listing didn't say what company it was and I can't find any markings of any sort on it, so sadly we may never know.  But glad you like it  ;D

Gecko08

Today's additions come from Veghead.com

Hula Skirt Siphonophore by Wild Republic

Spotted Jelly by Wild Republic

I'm building my jellyfish collection.

Fembrogon

I picked up this big fellow by Wild Republic at the gift shop of a local zoo I visited today. I was surprised to discover it was cheaper in the shop than it was online (barely)!

NSD Bashe

Recently obtained a few eclectic figures I was keeping an eye out for...

corpseflowerbatfishetc.jpg

Isidro

That batfish is quite interesting!

NSD Bashe

Indeed   ;D   It's part of a Takara line called An Encyclopedia of Living Things: Why Did This Happen?  And from what I understand is generally pretty hard to find; though actually if anyone else is looking for this specific figure it appears there is also one available right now from a site called King Crabs Collectibles..

EpicRaptorMan

What species of batfish is it?

Gwangi

Nice turtle @Fembrogon. I have a plush Alligator snapper that I got from Bass Pro Shop that I've been meaning to review for a couple years now.

bmathison1972

"Hi, I'm the newest edition to the Mathison Museum of Natural History. Thanks to @Gwangi for making me a little cheaper for Blaine."

Gwangi

Wonderful addition and I'm glad I could help with the discount.  :))

JimoAi

My latest items

bmathison1972

very nice! I have several of those myself :)

Isidro

That Yujin starry flounder is in my wishlist and wanted mad! :D

sbell

Quote from: Isidro on June 16, 2022, 08:16:03 PMThat Yujin starry flounder is in my wishlist and wanted mad! :D

I have both versions! The paint detail is a little different on the first release!

As for new things...recently received these marvels from Australia (via Etsy):

Those five can be found on the Hellbender Museum store on Etsy

This one was a bonus:

He had been inspired by some recent news reports of large melanistic gator gars being caught--and just happened to have recently printed some models.

bmathison1972

Those are fantastic Sean; Are these the mini or large models? I might have to consider the catfish and ray!

sbell

Quote from: bmathison1972 on June 17, 2022, 08:10:19 PMThose are fantastic Sean; Are these the mini or large models? I might have to consider the catfish and ray!

They're the minis. I decided that getting the painted ones was worth the expense, instead of paying the same for unpainted large models.

He has a living fossil fish series in the works right now... Queensland lungfish and coelacanth are already made, bowfin, bichir and ropefish are on the way.
And I convinced him that an American or African lungfish should be added too, since there's only been one time either of those was made.

We'll see what I do when those come out.

bmathison1972

Quote from: sbell on June 17, 2022, 11:48:00 PM
Quote from: bmathison1972 on June 17, 2022, 08:10:19 PMThose are fantastic Sean; Are these the mini or large models? I might have to consider the catfish and ray!

They're the minis. I decided that getting the painted ones was worth the expense, instead of paying the same for unpainted large models.

He has a living fossil fish series in the works right now... Queensland lungfish and coelacanth are already made, bowfin, bichir and ropefish are on the way.
And I convinced him that an American or African lungfish should be added too, since there's only been one time either of those was made.

We'll see what I do when those come out.

and no breakage during shipping?