News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Recent acquisitions

Started by Jetoar, December 06, 2012, 04:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EpicRaptorMan

Still waiting on the rest of Papo to be released myself.

Where'd you buy them? I assume I'd be going through HappyHenToys this time around again.

bmathison1972

Quote from: EpicRaptorMan on March 01, 2022, 03:33:40 PM

Where'd you buy them? I assume I'd be going through HappyHenToys this time around again.

@EpicRaptorMan - I ordered mine through a German eBay dealer, spieleundkonsolen (https://www.ebay.com/usr/spieleundkonsolen)

In the US, Hotaling Imports (https://www.hotalingimports.com/collections/papo) often gets Papo before HappyHenToys (go to the link I sent and change 'Featured' to 'Date, New to Old' for the newest arrivals).

sphyrna18

Quote from: bmathison1972 on March 01, 2022, 04:01:11 PM
Quote from: EpicRaptorMan on March 01, 2022, 03:33:40 PM

@EpicRaptorMan - I ordered mine through a German eBay dealer, spieleundkonsolen (https://www.ebay.com/usr/spieleundkonsolen)

In the US, Hotaling Imports (https://www.hotalingimports.com/collections/papo) often gets Papo before HappyHenToys (go to the link I sent and change 'Featured' to 'Date, New to Old' for the newest arrivals).

Unless something has changed recently, Hotaling Imports is the US distributor of Papo - so HappyHenToys actually gets their Papo stock from Hotaling.

EpicRaptorMan

lol Hotaling Imports has the Papo Mandrill for $7.99 meaning I didn't have to pay $33 for mine elsewhere 🤣

bmathison1972

This showed up today. The next Revogeo figure. What is it? Well, if you haven't kept up with the line, you'll know when I review it on the Blog this weekend or early next week

EpicRaptorMan

Colorata Deep Sea Fish box came in.
All figures aside from the angler and oarfish can stand on their own, but the oarfish and especially the barreleyed-fish are almost impossible to arrange. Might just have to give up on the latter lol

bmathison1972

Quote from: EpicRaptorMan on March 03, 2022, 06:33:47 PM
Colorata Deep Sea Fish box came in.
All figures aside from the angler and oarfish can stand on their own, but the oarfish and especially the barreleyed-fish are almost impossible to arrange. Might just have to give up on the latter lol

@EpicRaptorMan  the barrelfish can be tough, if you mean getting the clear part over the rest of the head; if I remember correctly the booklet says to put the clear shell into warm water to soften it enough to get it over the rest of the head.

EpicRaptorMan

@bmathison1972 yea I tried that, it made it easier but still a far cry from actually getting into place.

The pectoral fins keep popping out too. So far for my first Colorata purchase it's not going too smooth. 😅

bmathison1972

Yes if I remember correctly, the pectoral fins on mine also pop out easily

NSD Bashe

When I got my Colorata barreleye and tried to snap it together one of the fins pretty much shot across the room.  Took me forever to find it.  Even after you get it together you have to be very careful with it or it may fall apart even when you think you got it

MudpupWaterdog

With some-assembly-required figures like Colorata and Kaiyodo, do you guys usually glue your figures together or trust the snaps?

Most all of mine are just snapped together but I've glued a few troublesome ones in place.

bmathison1972

Quote from: MudpupWaterdog on March 03, 2022, 11:59:49 PM
With some-assembly-required figures like Colorata and Kaiyodo, do you guys usually glue your figures together or trust the snaps?

Most all of mine are just snapped together but I've glued a few troublesome ones in place.

I used to glue all mine, but now I only do it for problematic figures.

EpicRaptorMan

@bmathison1972 @MudpupWaterdog @NSD Bashe
I am certainly going to the glue the Barreleyed Fish, I just don't trust my gluing skills. And while I'm at it I may glue the troublesome pectoral fins (which I used pliers to crimp the plastic inserts so they actually fit within the holes) Oarfish tail and maybe the Spiderfish.

Wasn't aware Colorata required assembly like this tbh.

JimoAi

Various kaiyodo and a yujin chum salmon. Kaiyodos include a webfoot octopus with a missing arm, both color morphs of the adult red eared sliders and the elusive enoshima aquarium japanese squirrelfish
IMG_20220306_015708.jpg

Isidro

Very nice, especially the squirrelfish!

Gecko08

That sucks that some Coloratas are hard to put together. If you're looking for a Barreleye that has no assembly required, AAA made an Soleatus Barreleye for their Bottom Feeders line.

I also got these two figures recently

Collecta basking shark

Safari coelacanth

JimoAi

Got these from @brettnj. A big thank you once again

Colorata sharks of the world. Would like to reserve a review of this set for shark week.  IMG_20220310_230602_573.jpg 

Favorite co Giant trevally and giant Pacific octopus  IMG_20220310_230607_651.jpg

Takara tomy Ornate octopus and Common octopus  IMG_20220310_230557_256.jpg

Kaiyodo web-footed octopus, warty/panted frogfish with pygmy goby prey, Longhorn cowfish and dealfish IMG_20220310_230551_912.jpg

bmathison1972

@JimoAi - remind me as we get closer to shark week; but I'll reserve it now

Some recent acquitions of mine that I haven't bothered to photograph: CollectA Andrewsarchus, Play Visions Parson's chameleon, and Noah's Pals giant muntjac pair.

Isidro

What a nice collection of different octopus :) congrats!

JimoAi

Various kaiyodo and a korokoro nautilus
FB_IMG_1647532558086.jpg

Papo great white redux (actually marketed as megalodon), Spotted eagle ray from AliExpress
https://a.aliexpress.com/_msHboBm
,Frame master Galapagos tortoise
FB_IMG_1647532565974.jpg

Pnso pachycephalosaurus, dunkleosteus, Tylosaurus and Dakosaurus
FB_IMG_1647532572708.jpg