Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Recent acquisitions

Started by Jetoar, December 06, 2012, 04:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brontodocus

Congrats, Jetoar & stargatedalek! :) The AoA pelican is bigger than I thought (but, well, some of their models are surprisingly large).

Well, only one newcomer for me today... but one I'm really happy to have:

^-^

sauroid

that is such a beautiful salamander figure Dr. Andre, so life-like.

just a few new ones
Epoch sea turtle

NBGI animal kaizer blue tiger

Favorite Co. gws

NBGI sperm whale

NBGI swordfish

Kaiyodo tokara stag beetle

goliath beetle (funny animal series)

bird tales Aeshna nigroflava

Kaiyodo veiled chameleon (2 var.)

goby (can anyone ID this figure? i got it as a freebie. im guessing Yujin or Colorata)

thresher sharks from PV and Safari

sbell

Quote from: sauroid on July 11, 2015, 12:11:57 PM
goby (can anyone ID this figure? i got it as a freebie. im guessing Yujin or Colorata)

Seriously?  :P I've been doing a series of Yujin Freshwater Fishes Series fish, and you don't know what it is--I put up a walkaround on Wednesday:

http://animaltoyforum.com/index.php?topic=1622.0

It's the Amur Goby from Yujin, Series II. Given the colouring, it could be from the Original release, where the paint jobs weren't quite as well-defined, but it could just be the photo lighting.

bmathison1972

this weekend I received a handful of Jetoar's creations:

These things always look much better in person than in the pics on this site!

Jetoar

Thanks for your words Blaine  ^-^. I am glad that you like them. My camera is not enough good to show all details of them.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

brontodocus

Congrats, sauroid & Blaine! :) Yes, the colours look great on Jetoar's models. 8)

EDIT: Oh, and now the postman was here... funny coincidence - yesterday I was leading a field trip to the nature reserve "Kupferberg" in Iserlohn where we found this:

...and in the parcel the postman brought was this:

Anguis fragilis, Slow worm by 3B Scientific (and a real specimen of the same species in the photo above which, of course, isn't an acquisition and was released after presenting to the students). :)

stargatedalek

I got really lucky at Value Village today. A JPS1 velociraptor, even with most of its claws chipped, is still a JPS1 velociraptor ;) It was in a grab bag with a WWD3D theater cup top pachyrhinosaurus (not pictured) and a generic grey monster thing (which was quick in line for next years flea market season).

I've seen these strange little electronic birds around TRU, but they mysteriously disappeared from the animals section (I never actually thought to check the young girls section, I only ever check animals and action figures :P ). Its not the sort of art style I'm really drawn to, but for $1 I couldn't pass it up. But I swear, that is the single most ominous thing I have ever heard. I feel like its about to explode or maybe hijack a spaceship. I have a video of its terrifying sound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hn9_TFt8Bc&feature=youtu.be

And by far the most exciting find, a far from mint JPS1 Young Rex! And I didn't have to buy any huge bags of chinasaurs alongside it :P

Jetoar

Nice acquistions  ^-^. Tomorrow is my birthday and today I have received some acquisitions  :)).

Another Beast Wars figure for my collection  :)).

sauroid

@sbell: thanks for the info.

new stuff (Schleich, Bullyland, Kaiyodo, Safari Ltd, etc.)

docronnie

Congrats everyone on your new hauls! :)

From my toy hunts:

TFL!  :)

Jetoar

Yesterday was my birthday  ^-^.

An these are soome of my gifts  ^-^.

sauroid

Jetoar

sbell

Thanks to bmathison1972 I now have 5 of the Discovery Channel animals:

And from the STS forum, I was able to trade for a Play Visions spotted hyena!

bmathison1972

Today I received the new Kaiyodo set, 'Insects Gather to Sap - Night Feast of Midsummer'. All I can say is, wow. Very nice. The whole set is recommended. All figures also have a small magnet on the underside (but they are still typical gashapon-style detail). I love how the sap accent is translucent in the lighter areas of the sap. The figures are not terribly big, either.

I will probably do a 'review' of the set (like I have recent vintage figures), but individuals may warrant walk-arounds.

The whole set (although yes, there are two sap-nitidulid pieces; I just didn't image both here):

close-up of the sap/nitidulid:

I also got these two figures. Not sure who makes them (anyone recognize them?). They quality is so-so. As you can probably see from the paperwork, they are part of a larger set of 20. However, I only invested in the Goliathus and Cheirotonus, as they are less-frequently made (others in the set were your usual Japanese beetle fare).

brontodocus

Yay, congrats altogether! :) And happy belated birthday, Jetoar! :-[ ^-^
Ah, those sap feeders! 8) I decided I'll wait with my order until I return from my holiday (I'll be offline for two weeks beginning this Saturday). And, Blaine, while I don't recognise the company, I'm interested in which other species are also part of that set the Goliathus and Cheirotonus come from. If there are 20 figures altogether the rest will surely be more diverse than just Dorcus hopei binodulosus and Trypoxylus dichotomus! ;D At least, from what I can see the stag beetles don't look too familiar.

Jetoar

Wonderful new acquisitions friends and thank you Brontodocus for your backslapping  ^-^.

mermaidgrey

Quote from: Jetoar on July 19, 2015, 12:14:36 PM
Yesterday was my birthday  ^-^.

An these are soome of my gifts  ^-^.

Oh wow! That dinosaur is gorgeous! Happy birthday!

mermaidgrey

Quote from: bmathison1972 on July 13, 2015, 12:11:20 AM
this weekend I received a handful of Jetoar's creations:

These things always look much better in person than in the pics on this site!

Jetoar made these models? Wow, they are wonderful! What a great addition to your collection :) also, brontodocus I love your salamander and slow worm. Both are so life like! I've always thought slow worms are really cute :)

Jetoar

Thanks partner, I am glad that you like them too  ^-^.